how do you guys organize your images?
i need help

Attached: .png (545x600, 243K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

have you tried Hydrus

not yet

I sort them by board and by the anime they come from and when a folder becomes too big I create subcategories

sort them as soon as I download them so they don't build up, as for sorting a large amount of random ones that have built up, I do it manually; I like it actually and it passes the time

i managed somehow
thank all
hydrus is using 200mb ram holy moly

I checked out hydrus once and it seemed like a hassle to tag every single image.
I try to do this but sometimes I put off sorting them and it gets messy. Not to mention that sometimes an image fits multiple subcategories or in no categories at all so I have multiple miscellaneous folders. I'm forgetful so too often I can't find where I put a certain image.

Attached: 1532743476806.jpg (400x1084, 50K)

Bear with me, because this is probably going to be the most awful yet effective thing you've ever heard of.
Whenever you download an image, just leave it on your desktop
Leave literally everything on your desktop
until it gets to a point where you can't stand it anymore
Open your desktop in file explorer and search in Current Folder for .pngs, .jpgs, and the like
drag everything into a new folder called ",Alpha" and put it on whatever drive you feel like
The comma is important so that it always appears first in results on your computer
When your desktop gets cluttered, just dump everything into ,Alpha
Repeat until ,Alpha has maybe 300-400 items
Once your desktop is cluttered again and you feel like you've put enough shit in your Alpha folder, make a ",Beta" folder.
Put your new files as well as your ,Alpha folder into it
Proceed through the Greek alphabet. Once the final folder is done, replace the comma with a semicolon and then start again. Phoenician works too if you are feeling extra spicy.
What this effectively does is that it categorizes all your images by time periods when you saved them and as you look for old images more often you come to memorize where everything is within the folders.
You now have a folder maze of organized chaos.

Attached: doof.png (1600x1600, 1.94M)

>What this effectively does is that it categorizes all your images by time periods when you saved them and as you look for old images more often you come to memorize where everything is within the folders.
Wow this might actually work for me. I prefer to have a clean desktop though.

Attached: 1504244963102.png (178x226, 28K)

I'm already doing but in another way. (I download everything into one folder until it reaches 100~150 then I make a new one and so on )
I'm at downloads 230 right now.

Attached: Untitled2.png (341x372, 7K)

i delete all images from my computer every month, then when i need an image i google it.

>faggot has no name

Attached: Capture.jpg (909x523, 77K)

I have a different folder for each category of image and then in those folders I have things for subcategories and then if I get more than one of the same type of image in the subcategory folder I give them the same name and just add a number on the end

Attached: happy anime girl 6.gif (340x340, 148K)

Good luck tagging every single one with hydrus. If I recall it also makes a copy of every single image into the hydrus folder.

I gave up
At least I used that duplicate feature
I'm doing it manually

This
Extremely low quality post though

please stop bullying me :'(

Attached: upset loli 1.png (590x716, 262K)

>Having image folders
cringe

i just put everything in one folder and scroll through all of them

Attached: 423391.png (853x853, 547K)

I have everything in a few big folders and just memorise where every image is located.
>Being Indian
cringe

Attached: 34567897654.png (1000x1399, 1.32M)

Poorly. Most of my images are in one folder, I have a few categories for some specifics but generally they're all just in a heap.

Attached: 1536541291235.jpg (836x576, 83K)

i don't

youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4