Torhyaa

Anyone here play melee?

Attached: Falco.png (256x323, 121K)

falco only, no items, final destination

gtfo of this thread normie

make me

Let's see if you actually play. Answer these questions correct: in a best of 5 set, on the first and second match how are the stages chosen. And: if the first match goes to a sudden death, how do you proceed?

You're asking about tournament rules or if you play? Competition and play aren't the same my g

When i say play I mean play competitively. If I just asked you how to wavedash or shield drop you could more easily look it up. Playing casually is not even the same game.

melee is for niggers

Attached: i have a vaginaa.png (623x829, 691K)

Why must the fgc always hate on the melee community? :(

Attached: Snickles.jpg (501x375, 38K)

Oh, so you're delusional. That's cool too
Who can click sticks and tap buttons faster isn't a competition tho

Yikes

Attached: 3dkatt.png (358x376, 118K)

Next time, don't say "who plays" when you mean "I'm desperate to prove my dying skills in an irrelevant old game"

I'm not fgc, I don't play fighting games. I play tr4sh

Attached: @@.png (314x303, 11K)

Super Smash isn't a fighting game, it's a party game
>You can't beat someone forever in any normal fighting game

The Melee community is still growing.

Attached: despacito2345.png (284x177, 3K)

>graph I made in excel trust me guys it's real

You can beat someone indefinitely, but it is possible to randomly choose the correct counter option in neutral game 1 or 2 times, but if you don't have an extremely well developed combo game it doesn't make any difference.

No it took it off a google search

Those are some relatively low numbers when you actually see what they're scaling it by
>We almost made it to 2000 three years ago

That is counting entrants not spectators. You would be hard pressed to find a major sports event with 2000 attendants. Also, the graph makes a large increase thanks to R.O.M and the Doc.

>But
I agree with what you're saying. This isn't an argument and no one is looking to be persuaded
What you just described isn't "fighting"; living things die from combat, just like how a character is supposed to get KO'd. Playing "who gets to the counter first and wombo combo's the next guy into submission because the game literally won't let him doing anything against it" isn't a fight. That's barely a competition and more of a race
>we all know now that speed and "gotta go fast" Sonic the hedgehog crap is autism fuel

Melee is like the only game where the person getting comboed has a lot of options. There is something called DI or directional influence which lets you influence your knockback. And edgeguarding and ledge play are a large part of the game where you can potentially recover.

DI means nothing if someone grabs you, slams you down, pops you with some light hits or attacks that juggle, grabs again, and smashes. This game is old, brethren
The mechanics are set and everyone knows it's broken

I used to but haven't since I lost my controller and my friend who played it with me moved away.

Haha, that is not a 'true' combo'. It's actually like the definition of a false combo. If your opponent knows basic combo DI you won't get a follow up. LUL. This just shows you know nothing about what you are talking about.

You can get one on amazon. You should find your local scene. They are most often organized in a facebook group. You can find your local group on r/smashbros

Do you reread your posts? I don't have to know everything about this game, everything about it is already known. There's no need to fight when you're playing with algorithms
>false combo
This sounds so stupid. If it's hitting you, it doesn't matter if it's fake or real, except in the case of a real fight. Try to tell someone "you false combo'd my face but you won't get a follow up"; you can't say what's definitely going to happen in a hypothetical fight and if you can, it's because the game is rigged

Actually everything is not already known. Some of the most important tech was discovered just a couple years ago. Getting a stray hit is nothing. If a marth can't touch of death spacies on FD he is terrible. You just do not understand this game. If you are getting like 40% off a hit you won't win no mater how many times you win neutral. You are just rarted.

>rarted