In Serbia, everything is retro

In Serbia, everything is retro

Attached: IMG_20180307_104901.jpg (2560x1920, 1.1M)

Never seen blue netvista and that keyboard is cool, never seen one of those either.

Serbia is a technological time capsule

that's not retro. that's poor.

Fucking Bucharest was a shithole last time i visited here
But it has a comfy cold war feel to it though,and Serbs are generally okay people except for that time they sperged out

No.

Europoor is built beige case with win98.

This is nice OEM, matching everything, not even the cheapest one and has win2k.

I always look at US bombardments as time machine which sends country to the past.

Like crazy orange tells his generals I want this country sent 20 years back and then military calculates how much ordnance it needs to drop on it to achieve that.

>Bucharest
>Serbia
?????????

retro is good

Attached: 1511366811728.jpg (480x388, 36K)

>paying more than its necessary for a machine that doesn't have more features than the cheap alternative
>inb4 muh gaems and kikebook
PC workstations haven't advanced at all, they just have more shiny GUI's.

>PC workstations haven't advanced at all
This. Only the raw performance has gone up a hundred fold while the power consumption and size stayed the same.

because nobody cares about size in pc fucking workstation. only about performance.

I agree, Budapest is like the shittiest city in all of Belgium.

That's kind of the point, the size is the same bulky workstation while the performance is much higher. In contrast to the faggot saying they haven't advanced at all.

In serbia everything is retro if you are a poorfag.

I work in a space agency and I also use Windows 2000 when I have to deal with Windows as a target platform. It does not requres drivers to be approved by Microsoft, so I can install any bullshit my dudes wrote.

Install Gentoo

Pricaj srpski da te ceo svet razume

BRATE

can you put a latest motherboard in a case like this without much modificaitons

you spelled Bosna wrong

Probably not. Which is the bane of my existence. I wish I could just buy a nice old fashioned beige or grey tower that can fit modern equipment. Try, fucking try to find plain beige towers. You can't. Everything has to be ricer shit, black and tacticool. Makes me want to fucking die.

Attached: 1494960403473.gif (371x500, 2.13M)

whats the problem do they end up being too small?

What? You realize AT and ATX are a thing.

In one of the best high schools (ets nikola tesla) we learn assembly on the shitiest computers. I'm talking 256 MB ram, single vore 1.6 GHz and such. You can't even scroll on these without lag

get back to son

>In one of the best high schools (ets nikola tesla) we learn assembly on the shitiest computers. I'm talking 256 MB ram, single vore 1.6 GHz and such.
They literally have 8-bit's here to teach assembly to kids.

Amerifat education

OwO Is this the new retro thread?

>muh perf/watt
Only autistic morons desperately trying to rationalize their consumerism actually give a shit about this. Even an old high-end RISC workstation running 24/7 amounts to like $20 a month unless you're living in some shithole liberal city that taxes you for breathing.

>Serbia
>Retro strong!

>wasting power and producing excess heat for no other reason then autism isn't autism
not even talking about limiting yourself for no other reason then being a poorfag

If it does its job to expectations and you enjoy having it around, there's no reason to worry about it. The autism is not shutting the fuck up about about saving two Big Mac meals a month while calling other people poor.

does this mean that harry s truman was a weeb?

Even the economy.

This.

Buy a old Ford from the 30's and use it as your only car if you really think that argument is valid. Who cares about performance (speed) and wattage (gas usage), right?

Trolas, ili?

>MFW VISITING YUROSHITHOLES IS LITERALLY TIME TRAVEL

BASED WIN2K, NT5 WAS THE GOAT

I hope you're not driving anything other than a leased Prius or Tesla if you think this shitty analogy is a solid argument. Millions of people do indeed drive older, less efficient vehicles, and they don't care as long as they can drive at the posted limit and their operating costs are reasonable. There are also plenty who own and drive Model Bs, mid-century land yachts, big-ass lifted pickups and other inefficient means of transportation, sometimes even as their primary car, because they enjoy them and accept their limitations.

CPБИJA JE HAJБOЉA ЗEMЉA BИ AMEPИЧКA ГOBHA

Millions of people use shitty MacBooks and i5 systems from 2009. They DON'T use RISC shit from the 90's on purpose. This is nothing like comparing driving a 90's Hyundai against a 30's Ford. Nobody in their right mind who like old cars or related does not use them as their primary vehicle, unlike some retards here who do with old computer hardware.
Your analogy is bad. But please, keep using whatever old shit you are and keep telling yourself that being a wasteful faggot is okay. Obviously it's not hurting anyone else, you pay the bills. I doubt that though, your mom and dad probably do.

Removed kebab?

Attached: kkk.png (1920x1080, 146K)

It amazes me how visibly angry and defensive you're getting about someone not caring about $20. Why are you this hell-bent on projecting your insecurities onto others like this?

kill yourself

No thanks, it sounds like you could use some therapy, though. You're either literally autistic and still unable to cope with differing perspectives and interests or you have impulse control issues that should be addressed before you get into the real world. Strongly consider getting help.

kill yourself

This is not me: But no, I'm not angry, I'm just dumbfounded why anyone would defend using inefficient hardware for actual work. Performance/Watt is a real thing, saying it's not is just silly. Nobody actively seeks out and spends MORE money buying "high-end RISC hardware form the 90'" to use for real work if they could get something better, faster and more efficient for the same price or even less. I never said using it for fun or interest would be weird, I even pointed out, that people who like old cars are nothing weird, same with hardware.

Also, looking at and Are you a want-to-be psychologist?

>Why are you this hell-bent on projecting your insecurities onto others like this?
>You're either literally autistic and still unable to cope with differing perspectives and interests or you have impulse control issues

By that note, makes one think...

>>muh perf/watt
>Only autistic morons desperately trying to rationalize their consumerism actually give a shit about this.

You rarely see genuine irony anymore.

>he doesn't make provocative opening posts to farm the initial (You)s

Well, if it's all about (You)'s, we can't have proper and healthy arguments or discussions.

I guess I just really don't understand what you define "real work" as. Do you only find it okay if you just stare at it with your dick in your hand and never do anything useful with it? Or are we just talking about running it in an exclusive daily driver role when better options are easily accessible? I think I could agree with the latter point just fine, but if something older does the job you need it to do in a reasonable and sustainable fashion I don't really see a problem with it. It's just a single desktop, not a server farm.
>Are you a want-to-be psychologist?
Just calling it like I see it. My first post might have been shit-tier bait but that just read like he was crying into the keyboard, we all do it sometimes.

Here's something pretty weird and expensive.

Attached: LGA 775 industrial ATX motherboard with ISA slots.jpg (844x844, 116K)

We had a ton of those shitty ass keyboards in my highschool computer lab and library

Attached: 14dhr10.jpg (640x480, 68K)

Did someone fuck up the letters on yours too?

>In Serbia, everything is retro
I run our small business file server on Windows 2000 to this day. Right now. In production.
We are a small company so security isn't important.
One of our apps has some config glitch which is preventing me from moving the server. Since we are a small company, downtime kills us. We're looking at upgrading the software package this year so we might get off of it.

pic related
screenshot of my server from right now

Attached: win2000 server in 2018.png (1411x1085, 99K)

i like the price/watt thing.
mainly because lower TDP means less heat....less heat means quieter fans.

it is why i use an android box as my HTPC.
sure i could use an Intel PC but i don't game and i don't need to transcode movies.
i need something to playback 1080p h264/h265 video.
an android box can do that without even needing a fan to cool the CPU.

>We are a small company so security isn't important.

until some random worm finds your computer and then installs some ransomware crap.

Not all of us can be Bongs raised on the teachings of Allah and His Prophet, Muhammad.

>We are a small company so security isn't important.
>Since we are a small company, downtime kills us.

Pick one, you can't have both.

>until some random worm finds your computer and then installs some ransomware crap.
says the guy who doesn't know what he's talking about.

server has been running for 17 years. I've mitigated other security issues at the perimeter, and at the end-users. we're fine. we also have multiple layers of redundancy. even if every file got crypto lockered, we'd be down 1 day at most.

>Pick one, you can't have both.
We have both. 17 years of uninterrupted uptime. I replaced the original hard drive last year with a SSD.

That being said, it's pretty old and is going to get retired soon enough. I'm more worried about the power supply than anything, but I have a twin system I can move to or use for parts.

Nah, but people used to do that on our thinkpads all the time.

>17 years of uninterrupted uptime
>I replaced the original hard drive last year with a SSD.
wat

>Here's something pretty weird and expensive.
Those might be ISA bus slots, but I doubt that they support DMA... so a lot of ISA cards won't work in it.

>wat
downtime doesn't include planned maintenance, which I do after hours.
I can't upgrade the software because the software vendor is only available during business hours.

However, the system has been up since October without a reboot.

I live in Croatia. We have similar hardware here. I see people still owning CRT monitors and beige PC cases with 512MB RAM. Too bad the flatshit infestation is just as bad as in the west.

BS

cool

>single vore

I wish

why are so many people on Jow Forums totally unaware of firewalls and the purpose they serve

it's not impossible for a hdd to last 17 years, though you do need;
- excellent operating conditions
- low usage
- a lot of luck

>256M ram, 1.6GHz cpu
>"can't scroll without lag"
i don't know how they're teaching you, but it's not working

HAHAHA HES ORANGE HAHAHA AND CRAZY HAHAHAHA EVEN THOUGH HE'S ONLY BOMBED ONE PLACE SINCE BEING IN OFFICE HAHAHAHAHA GOOD TO SEE SUCH WOKE PPL ON HERE, UR NOT ALONE

Attached: 1518816765506.png (1200x955, 270K)

you alright, breh?

>triggered Jow Forumstard
pls go and stay go

It really pushed you buttons, didn't it

Attached: jimmies.png (494x359, 221K)

My school in Serbia had 17" LCDs, 1-2GB RAM and Windows 7.

Kys

It's even worse in Italy

>only bombed one country
like a month or two in

We have Pentium 4 single core tier computing in Czechia

So no Intel cpu exploits in Serbia?

Why not put a lightweight Linux distro on there and give that poor old thing some new life?

Attached: 2000px-Xfce_logo-footprint.svg.png (2000x1034, 69K)

noone cares

Did you get your fee-fees hurt?