GAME CHANGER

>We are used to every new smartphone camera generation being slightly better than the previous one, but looking at the images and test results from the P20 Pro, it seems Huawei has skipped one or two generations. The results are simply that good. The P20 Pro's triple camera setup is the biggest innovation we have seen in mobile imaging for quite some time and is a real game changer.

>Being able to pick the best camera for a specific shooting situation and computationally merge the image data from all three sensors means that the new Huawei beats the competition in virtually every category, taking the number one spots in both our Photo and Video rankings. The P20 Pro is particularly good in low light, when zooming, and for bokeh simulation, blowing its direct rivals out of the water. If you are looking for the current best camera in a smartphone, look no further.

dxomark.com/huawei-p20-pro-camera-review-innovative-technologies-outstanding-results/

B T F O

Attached: Huawei-P20-Pro-camera-closeup-840x472.jpg (840x472, 62K)

I bet it has a notch too :^)

hmm, dont see much difference compared to my pixel2.

>triple camera
>bokeh simulation
>smartphone camera generation
>virtually
Have you got any more buzzwords?

Attached: 1389632055513.jpg (429x410, 108K)

Makes sense. Even if they slap 8 cameras nothing will change. They slapped 2 cameras in p9 and honor8 because they knew apple would do that but had no idea why so they made up some legend about increasing sharpness. Later when they found out the second camera was added for zoom they did same thing in their new phone.
Huawei is shitty company making unoriginal ripoffs and their software gets worse with every generation. EMUI 5 is so fucking bad it hurts.

Well it's reflected in the price, 800 dollar phones versus a 2000 dollar + phone

>PAYING 800 SHEKELS TO CARRY AROUND A PHONE THAT SAYS HWWAAWEEEYYYY
NUH UHHH NIGGA, MAYBE IN CHING CHONG CHINA

JUST UP IT TO 1K AND GET AN IPHONE

>GAME CHANGER

Attached: 1490875119910.png (1024x1024, 59K)

>MOAR CAMERAS

>just pay $1000 more for a literal piece of shit!

Attached: 1500045476066.png (532x2612, 808K)

Check out the godawful skin smoothing on portraits, PS2 level graphics.

Attached: DEXATI20180328105958.png (1079x707, 318K)

Attached: MULTISHOT.jpg (840x472, 90K)

Op is a shill confirmed

>still visits DxOshill

>new gen smartphones
>smaller batteries to fit extra cameras
Is this the second part of notch joke?

As always Dx0 is a joke.
Go see Anandtech hands-on and comparison with S9, it's clear that there's something wrong with this "game changer" claim.
It's good to see good zoom in a phone after some time, but apart from that, the image quality ins't so great.

>spending more than 200 dollars on a phone because muh camera
>ever
get a real camera, underage.

Attached: 1513191103728.png (264x326, 101K)

My samshit s9+ shits all over this camera.

But the image quality is clearly superior to the pixel 2 and iPhone in the shots in the article, don't know about vs the s9 though

I'll buy it once they put 6 cameras on every side of the screen

>Looking for new phone
>Start reading about this new Huawei P20
>Very enticing
>It has a notch
No buy.

chinks can spy on you with very good image quality

I would rather have chinks then amerimutts spy on me.

>800 shekels
isnt it twice that ? and i havnt seen iphones go cheaper then 4.5k

L E I C A

I just like to take high quality creepshots :^)

The mosquito cameraPhone

Lost

What's with all the diacritics, Julia?

>fingerprint sensor on the front
How can they fuck up so bad?

This
A five year old Nokia Lumia 1020 BTFO this new overpriced Huawei trash before it was even developed.
Besides its predecessor, the Nokia 909 there has yet to be a phone camera that can out perform the 1020's camera.

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Lumia_1020_Camera_Overhead_0.jpg (1100x763, 242K)

So the trick is three cameras each with a different fixed aperture size?

Its not a trick. Its advertising bullshit. They should have put one 1/1.5 sensor in with a single high quality lens. Three tiny sensors with three shitty lenses doesn't mean shit. No game has changed.

When will I get a spiderphone? 2020?

>Gee Billy, 3 cameras?

I got mine in the back. Would prefer it on the front.

some professionals tried adding some more cameras but it's not that great from what i read

Attached: Light-Camera[1].jpg (700x394, 83K)

front and side are patrician tier
back is the worst location, you need to pick up and hold your phone to unlock it.

thx shill, love the photoshopped examples. Great cheap marketing

What's this obsession with cameras. If I need photographer tier pictures I'll buy a fucking photographer tier camera. I'd rather my smartphone focus on smartphone shit.

thots gonna thot, user

>1 camera
What is this? Stone age?
>2 cameras
Not bad, too 2017 tho.
>3 cameras
WOOOOOOO GAME CHANGER BOIS

Side?
What phone has fingerfuck sensor on the side?

Some thicc Sony offspring

So is the camera actually good or is it just another marketing spin? With huawei p9 they also memed the camera and it turned out to be quite mediocre.

Came here for this

Dame boat here

>notch
>no 3.5mm
No thanks

It’s retarded and over priced. t. /p/haggot

howcome stereoscopic photos and 3d displays never took off on phones?
I want one

also that article convinced me pixel 2 has the best phone camera
huehuehuhehuawau

Stop advertising your shitty chinese phones here

had this phone, that camera was unbelievable

>howcome stereoscopic photos and 3d displays never took off on phones?
Same reason they never really took off on TVs, both the technology and the content wasn't there yet. 3D has somewhat made a comeback in VR
HTC made the Evo 3D which was a phone with a glasses free 3D display and stereoscopic cameras

Attached: huawei p80 leaked photo.jpg (840x472, 20K)

Phones with 25 cameras setup when?

Every single new flagship that comes out, DXOmark says has the "bestest camera evar!!!"

They are paid shills. Ignore

there's been a few 3d phones in japan
Ive never ever seen one outside of japan though

I guess when you rotate the phone, the 3d effect may not work? and neither would the stereoscopic camera since they're no longer horizontal

still it would be neat

>no headphone jack
Don't buy it retards.

It does, but you can turn it off. I love this approach.

Usually it's only going up 1-2 points at a time. This is large leap, but I wonder if it isn't mainly because of the zoom being so much better.

Someone please, enlighten me, whats the point of having multiple cameras? Last time I cared about phones was in 2013

B-BUT IT MEANS MORE CAMERAS BRUH
THATS HOW U KNOW ITS GUD

WAKE ME WHEN PHONES GET AT LEAST A7III TIER FULL FRAME SENSORS ACROSS THE ENTIRE BACK OF THE PHONE WITH A REAL LENS MOUNT

>MFW SOME XPERIA DOES THIS AND KILLS ALL FONECAMERAS
QUALCOMM S9+ USE SONY IMX SENSOR

Attached: big frame sensor.jpg (1500x1091, 244K)

It's right there in the article.

Guys...
Guys...
Look at the bright side.
3 or 4 more front cameras and the notch will cover full width of the screen.
Full width notch=no notch.

>no optical image stabilization on main cameras
yikes

>my compact from 10 years ago is still better than any phone camera, and will be for another 20 years
I kek everytime I see phone camera reviews, nobody actually thinks they are any good do they?

Bugger sensor means longer focal length to get the same field of view.

Which would require a thicker phone.
I'm 100% fine with a thicker phone, but realistically the best you can hope for is an array of tiny cameras like .....or just buy a real camera.

Maybe for their phone ranking.

They do no such thing when a new Canon comes out.

Bitch no one cares. Phone cameras are the future and Apple will BTFO this in 6 months.

Attached: iphones.jpg (757x425, 48K)

>turn off the notch
Don't you mean not using part of the screen? It's a big difference.

I think the cameras would need to be so far apart it would only be possible in landscape mode anyways.

Think of it this way, the space next to the front cam on a regular phone is normally wasted anyway. On a notch phone in "off" mode that space isn't wasted, it shows status stuff. I think this is a great way to use the space without the annoyance of having your screen image missing a chunk of it.

I wouldn't call it "off mode".

I would call it "the way it should work mode" as opposed to "the retarded Apple way mode".

Hey lads, I've got an idea. How about we take a camera but add a phone to it?

Samsung pretty much did that already.
Although I don't think you could make phone calls with it.

Attached: Samsung-camaraaatjes-620x350.png (620x350, 172K)

I was thinking more like a full body camera with a phone dongle attachment since we're heading forward with dongles. We would carry the camera around like a personal smart purse.

Attached: Nokia-Mobira-Talkman-NMT450-6.png (720x485, 132K)

Why people defend this shit again? And why is it ok when chinks do it? They didn't even made the apps adapt to the fucking notch.

Attached: FB_IMG_1522265002175.jpg (900x1600, 144K)

heard apple has a 4 camera phone coming out, prepare to be outdated.

>MFW APPLE MOVES THE NOTCH TO THE BOTTOM
ENTIRE SHITFLOOD OF TOP NOTCH ANDROIDS INSTANTLY WORTHLESS

GAME: CHANGED

CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

>still have 2 sides that never saw the notch
I don't think I can take it.

Attached: man-578909_960_720.jpg (960x640, 104K)

pig disgusting
only a retard would buy a phone with a "notch"

I've never seen so many butthurt iphone users in a single thread

MOAR CORES

a bunch of buzzwords with no apparent direction or meaning
>journalism

>Think of it this way, the space next to the front cam on a regular phone is normally wasted anyway.
No, that's the space where the speakers should occupy, you know, the aspect of a phone that is actually functionality and not some limp wristed bezel reducing practice.

>heavy breathing

Attached: 1506902639663.jpg (268x265, 19K)

Then why does it still look like garbage ?

Screens be vibrating man

I only use phones with the entire back side covered in cameras

Speakers can just go on the top/bottom. If people weren't vain whores we could have 99% screen/body ratios easily.

thing is gigantic too. just get an rx100 instead

Attached: light-L16-d.jpg (800x1066, 164K)

Great phone but shit os

Attached: 1522234592199.jpg (840x472, 155K)

>Think of it this way, the cheeks and forehead on your face is normally wasted space anyway. How much better would it be to have predator mouth and giant anime eyes. I think this is a great way to use the space without the annoyance of low openings-to-face ratio

This

Attached: 132123.jpg (450x410, 53K)

If someone thinks that he can make a living being a photographer using a fricking smartphone camera, kys, dont make me laugh.

Real cameras are far more expensive and extra lenses and shit start from like 600 bucks
Photography is a very expensive hobby

Richo gr2
The bigger main sensor excites me the most