/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

>Linux related or Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends creating their own threads with >previous

>irc
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=sqt
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/sqt

Attached: black-girl2.jpg (488x472, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/1575493/how-to-delete-empty-subfolders-with-powershell
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/,
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
freevpn.me/
orcpub2.com/
microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool
adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html
docs.python.org/2/download.html
builtwith.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Copying from last thread

>I want to upload to github from two machines.

>But I don't want to have to download all the new files everytime I want to push a new update.

>Is there a way to only work inside a specific folder and only download / push that specific folder in a github repo?

>Basically I want to be able to push small updates from my laptop, like editing a single text file in the repo, without having to download all the new files my desktop script modified / added / deleted.

Thanks

Is there such a thing as a halfway decent tablet or 2-in-1 capable of running (non-android) Linux?

Yes

Do you know what its called?

Yes

Kys

Why the fuck does Jow Forums x cause all the replies in my thread to be doubled for no reason.

There's two reply links for every one reply in every post until I refresh the page.

- stupid answers thread

havent installed a new rom in a bit
factory reset>flash stock>flash new rom>flash micro gapps>magisk/titanium backup etc
or
factory reset>flash new rom/gapps/magisk etc

Is there a difference between factory reset and advanced wipe?

share the files over a network filesystem like nfs, samba, webdav so you don't have to download them to anything

hm good idea desu. ssh the files.
thanks for reminding me of this.

Will buying a Dxracer protect my virginity?

What chair would you recommend?

Is there a way to automatically delete empty folders in a certain directory in Windows without downloading some weird shareware program?

personal favourites are so-called "24 hour" chairs. designed for sitting in for long periods. I have a "Freedom" made by Humanscale and it is /comfy/

write a powershell script
stackoverflow.com/questions/1575493/how-to-delete-empty-subfolders-with-powershell

3 years into a computer science degree and i've started to resent computers. They never do what you want and they always seem to be the root of all the stress in my life. Even stuff besides my assignments, trying and failing side projects just depresses me and all the Facebook and net neutrality news is just icing on the cake. Honestly second guessing a lifetime of computer science.
Does anyone feel the same way/can relate??

you broke it somehow, i've seen this when i start ff and it loads from cache until i refresh ofc, iirc

3 years into a relationship and i've started to resent women. They never do what you want and they always seem to be the root of all the stress in my life.

sounds like you use windows? that could be your problem. srsly.

sounds like you have a small dick? that could be your problem. srsly.

How do I fix this shit? I've literally reinstalled firefox in it's entirety and it hasn't fixed this shit.

You got me. Have been thinking about setting up a real minimalist/comfy linux setup. Any recommendations/resources?

how would i go about getting my data off of an old phone with a broken digitizer and broken lcd. its been a few months since i fucked with it, but i think i managed to get video out to work on my pc monitor via some micro usb to hdmi cord, but im not sure how to send input to it

Anyone know where I can find a clean copy of a Windows 7 Professional x86 in english? I tried those Digital River archive sites like mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/, but all of those use torrents that are dead.

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation

Cheers

distro doesn't really matter, just go with ubuntu if you want to jump in.

the desktop manager / window manager is where the personality comes in, where you can set up a minimal aesthetic.

i'm using DWM which is a tiling window manager. pic related.

Attached: 2018-03-28-185226_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 163K)

Ah cool. I've used Ubuntu a bit before but never delved into personalizing.

Brainlet question here.
I have an assignment in jave where I have to draw mirrored triangles. You have to input an integer via the scanner method. Only odd integers are allowed and numbers above 0.
I managed to implement all the requirements without a hassle but I'm stuck at this piece of shit. I managed to get the compiler to spit out the left half of the triangle but not the right half. Someone halp

Attached: Brainlet_triangles.png (162x193, 3K)

Is there an alternative for sonicstage for a Net-MD player? If a MP3 has Japanese characters it wont import it so its either switch or rename a hundred songs.

Attached: 1510090938841.jpg (500x500, 96K)

wRITE a sCRIPT tO rENAME tHEM

Sonicstage is right fucking shit I just drew the line at this.

How do I play SWF files on windows 10
Installing Adobe flash on Firefox didn't help, it just loads a blank screen when I tried opening them.
Swff player is alright but there's no way to make it run better.

Attached: download.jpg (321x157, 15K)

I'm checking my network information in task manager and my "Send" sometimes rises to 96 Kbps. Resource Monitor won't show any outbound data which would amount to 96 Kbps. I'm only streaming video while this occurs. How can I determine what is causing this fluctuation?

tcp requires confirmation of packet receipt
you gotta send something to receive something

I'm new to Python so I often look up function definitions on their manual. I'd like to be able to do this with an offline copy that behaves like info for GNU standard C library, with links and the chapters being organized properly and whatnot. Is there a way to do this for python, or something that can also apply for every other languages? Online is just way too slow.

Where do I ask this? I started a thread, but nobody has answered. Am I in violation of terms?

Anyway, "I see that Google Cloud has a free tier. I'm looking to run 3CX for a client in the cloud with server preferably in central US. Any opinions on this? What is the beast 'bang-for-buck' VM provider in Jow Forums ' s experience?'

Attached: Stupid+computer+saw+this+quote+on+a+computer+forum+made_435855_3806872.jpg (500x500, 59K)

you gotta send mail to get mail ;)

How to use doko.moe?
I'm trying to download a video I uploaded using the link it provided but it comes up with pic-related.
But if I download the video from the same page as the one I uploaded it to it works fine and can download and I can play it fine.
I'm trying to use the link though so I can share it eventually, but it's not letting me download it, I can't even view it. It's just an mp4.

Attached: error.jpg (327x186, 10K)

im trying to burn a DBAN iso to a flash drive so i can nuke my laptop's HDD and try a fresh win 7 install on it. problem is it doesnt boot when i use iso to usb, and using universal usb installer says its not compatible as the drive needs to be ntfs or fat32. the drive was already ntfs, and i cant reformat it as fat 32, just exfat . am i SOL here, should i just use a different flash drive or is there a way around this?

When the GPU market will return to normal?
I can understand the mid-high end cards being inflated but why the fuck the GTX 1050Ti went from $130 to $300-350?
Who the fuck is buying so many GTX 1050Ti? one would think the demand from them would stop eventually.

When you apply to nasa, you sign an agreement that they can track your internet activity for 1 year. What are the odds they actually scan these? Seriously wondering if I need to stop visiting Jow Forums

id say pretty high because its a pretty high up there job. a friend of mine is doing nuke shit in the military and they are pretty strict on potential candidates just like id imagine nasa would be. lay off the cheese pizza and only browse SFW boards like this one and youd probably be fine. if anything does come of it just say you browse to keep up on the latest pc trends or some shit

as someone who holds a clearance in the DoD, they don't track it.

Is there any way to recover rm'd files in Linux?

What's the best image viewer for linux/ubuntu?

Attached: 0.png (407x402, 87K)

Brainlet here. This is a rough diagram of my desk and nearby Television. What's a good way of putting my monitor's display on my TV? Is getting a really, really long cable the only solution?

Attached: battlestation.png (696x564, 6K)

depends on filesystem. you can look it up

this has fucked me up many times.
there's never really an option that works.
i've recovered half of my important lost data, but never really all of it. really painful at the time to lose half your programs you were working on because you mistyped something in a rm command.

i reccomend you take the precaution of changing how the rm function works, by changing it to mv to trashbin instead of completely removing.

I was asking to see if there was a way for the feds to recover deleted files.

Trying to use the non-free firmware on the Debian installer.

Do I move it to /lib/firmware or /opt/ ?
I don't have a spare USB to load it seperately so I'm just going to move it to the installer USB.

I'm unable to download a from a mirror because my ethernet is proprietary and I don't have wifi on this old POS.

How come every time I'm laying in bed and scratch my asshole I smell my finger afterwards?

>he doesn't know his drive has it's own embedded operating system
>what is SMART

You could go with a long cable (or rearrange), or you could get a chromecast/alternative if you're not planning on using the TV for gaming/use other than video watching.

Is there any way to sync a MEGA public folder? If I import it to an account I get a copy of the current state of the folder, right?
I want to sync any changes to that public folder. Is there any way to do that?

Attached: 1521963091221.png (225x216, 91K)

uninstall 4chanX.
it's complete shit

You would only flash to stock first if it was in the instructions for your model and the given rom.

Advanced wipe gives you more options.

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

I would use x64 in 99% of situations.

Rufus

>Advanced wipe gives you more options.

Even if miners don't buy the cheaper cards, there's still a lot of people who would normally buy a higer card that get forced onto the lower ones, raising the competition for them. Also the ram components they use have gotten more expensive because the handful of manfufacturers who make them can now overcharge thanks to mobile hardware competing for their buisness. It is posible the prices could level off in the next year or two, but it's difficult for even the experts to predict.

What's a decent free VPN?

Attached: 1516953377158.jpg (2988x2969, 512K)

>about to get Associate's
>have experience configuring and building computers
>have soft skills and am not socially retarded
>can't land an entry-level position in any local IT company
This can't be normal. I'm seeking certification as well, but I don't have money for examinations, so I'm in a rut. Either way, it can't be THAT hard to land a Technician, Help Desk, or some other goddamn entry-level position, can it? Is HR just ridiculous now?

Damn near 50 applications at this point, and I've got nothing.

A lie told to lure in unsuspecting prey.

I've used this one: freevpn.me/
It is good

>associates
lul
but yeah help desk should be ez if they think you'll work during school

If you're too poor to just pay $60 a year for something like Mullvad maybe you shouldn't be using a VPN at all.

Attached: Capture.jpg (927x322, 32K)

Is there any way I can actively monitor my data usage? I've been getting pretty damn close to my limit the last few months, but I feel like this is completely inaccurate as the last few days to avoid the $10 surcharges for each 50GB over the limit I've minimized my usage to pretty much web browser only and yet it still says I'm using nearly 20GB a day. I haven't streamed anything, I'm the only person in my house using the internet the past 2 days, no downloads or watching video streams or anything that would cause high data usage, it makes no sense. It's going to be impossible to avoid paying like $20 extra this month because of this shit, and I can't even stream anything anymore because of this shit.

Also, fuck Cox Cable, we used to have unlimited data last year and years before that until they put these caps in place, and want to charge you $50 extra for unlimited data now. Wish I could just switch to another ISP yet the only other option is AT&T which are even worse and have shittier speeds and no fiber in my area.

I guarantee despite me literally only using data to browse Jow Forums today that I will already be over my limit again and these jews will charge me $10 for every 50gb, and I got like 10 more days on my current cycle. Fuck me.

meant to post this image for this post

you need a firewall appliance

Attached: pfsense.jpg (1146x790, 140K)

Attached: pfsense.jpg (1127x602, 196K)

libwebsockets vs websocketpp vs cssrest

Which is better? Lin

I don't know anything about programming are there any scripts out there that can get the names (and maybe links) of all the videos in your youtube's liked videos list and playlists?

>been using shitty android phones forever
>get on my fiances family plan and get a note8
>guy at the sprint store says tempered glass is weird on the curve so get the liquid glass
>month later have a fucking scratch deep enough to feel with my finger nail near the home button at the bottom of the screen

Is there any path to redemption? I ordered a tempered glass to put on but the scratch is visible on white backrounds and makes that distkrted pixel effect and it bothers the fuck out of me

Attached: received_890128167857599.gif (450x344, 710K)

HOW DO I READ EXT4 FILESYSTEM ON EXTERNAL HDD IN WINDOWS 10?

Anybody here work in or know much about computer repair as a job? Do you guys think it's a viable long term career? What's the pay/ hours like? Do you ever suffer from lack of work, or conversely too much work? Ideally I'd like to work doing this for a few years, and maybe move somewhere with a decent population density and open a business.
I've always liked the actual object of the computer. I like opening up an old dustbucket, giving it a good cleaning, and fixing whatever needs to be fixed. Thermal paste, bad component, damage even. I've done a few laptops too and still find that fun.

Attached: dfgrety45eyt43.jpg (1600x986, 202K)

there's quite a few windows ext2 software solutions. they should work for ext4 read-only

Is MSRP for a year-old video card considered a ok deal nowadays? (rx 560 $110)

If I played a game in a 1080 sized window on a 1440p monitor, would it have the same quality as a game on a native 1080p monitor?

Attached: 1511383593691.png (665x574, 266K)

Is there a common recommendation for the cheapest serviceable UPS?
All I want is for my computer to not die when the power cuts out for a split second, that's it.
My area hardly ever suffers sustained power loss.

Hey Jow Forums,

I don't know a lot about web technologies, but let's say I wanna build a site like this:

orcpub2.com/

What technologies are involved?

Is it possible just by analysing some page's source codes to know which technologies were used to make it? Like if it's ruby or java, which frameworks...

What is a solid web dev/programming project I can make to put on my resume that will land me a junior dev job?

I need to do MASM32 on Visual Studio for school. How in the world do I set this up? I try compiling my scripts and nothing happens. I try prompting user for input and nothing happens. Why doesn't anything work? Is there a step by step video guide or something?

i meant some of your addon[s] broke it

alias rm='rm -vi'

feh or the gnome one
or gpicview

those mega applications?

windows have their own usb fs for installs
microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool
also use gparted

yes

where are you resending them? i have to offload some females sharpish

Is it possible to liquid cool my PC with my own jizz?

I got two files in my android phone's DCIM/.thumbnails folder.

They're 10.53gb each and named .thumbdata3-[numbers].

Deleting them does nothing to add storage to my phone. What are they and how do I get rid of them?

got discord or anything to chat on?

Do ultrawide monitors still have quality control issues? eg. uneven backlighting and dust under the glass?

>adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html
Search: Download the Flash Player projector
Under windows.

>sshfs [email protected]:/srv/tbsea /home/me/mount/
>read: connection reset by peer
wat do

User Spyder IDE or download the doc yourself
>docs.python.org/2/download.html
Pick a poison and google related web frameworks.
I recommend ASP if you have a background in .NET or simply node.js which should get you started faster.
There are some ways to analyse what framework a website is using like the 'X-Powered-By' header and a combo of frameworks prefered and syntax.. etc There is also a website to help you figure that out:
>builtwith.com/
No, it will dry out and burn eventually. So.. Yes if you have unlimited diluted jizz. You need a good pump though.
Those files are the thumbnails of all images you downloaded and viewed in your gallery. They are saved to avoid having to recreate a thumbnail everytime you browse the gallery app.
They are safe to delete, just open the file explorer and delete the thumbnail folder (if it is invisible, then use something like ES file explorer and enable showing hidden files/folders).

My ram usage spiked to around 70% after leaving it on for a few days, hovered to around 60 percent when idling. I just did some browsing, games, and watched a few movies. Is this normal?

since the tilingWM general is not present i'll ask here

does anyone know how to configure the popup window for i3wm? I can't find anything about it on the i3docs, I want change its colors and font

OS? RAM? Arch? Background programs and services?

Great, i'll step up my jizz production then.

Windows 8.1, ddr3 16gb ram, can't recall much background programs, but probably left Firefox on for a while with maybe 6 or seven tabs opened.

Did you check which programs were using the most RAM with the task manager?

I am having problems googling a specific problem I am having. I am trying to install Ubuntu on my laptop. My laptop (ASUS) does not have a built in cd-rom so I am using an external one. Whenever I try to install Ubuntu my computer tries to install it to the CD-Rom itself and not the laptop. I keep getting the error message "This installation requires 8.0 gb. this system has 0.0 gb available" At no point during the installation am I given an option on where to install too. wat do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attached: 1518639053745.jpg (640x631, 55K)

Using a USB results in the same problem, btw. It tries to install to the USB stick and not the laptop. It came with winblows 10

Run a decent anti-virus and see if there are mining programs running/installed without you knowing