Steals yout broadcast TV channels

>Steals yout broadcast TV channels
Thanks for selling off the spectrum you greedy Jewish cunts.

Attached: what_is_5g_2_0[1].jpg (620x349, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fcc.gov/consumers/guides/consumer-faqs-tv-spectrum-auction
standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/freeview-channel-changes-mean-london-viewers-may-need-to-retune-their-tv-equipment-a3800506.html
weird-tv.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

quality thread

it will be worth it. TV is dead anyway.

>TV
Is this 2012.?

Where is there currently a lack of available broadcast TV spectrum? Where is there expected to be one in the future?

During the analog era, we had RF channels 2-69. After the digital transition, 2-51. With the 5G grab, it's shrinking to 2-36.

A lot of the channels in Europe run on shitty overcompressed h264 presets to cram into the small space they have. Even the slightly bigger stations here had to downgrade so retards can cram in Jesus TV Public Access and other low effort shit.

How many broadcasters are there in a given metro? Why is there a need for 34 broadcast channels?

Not every frequency is filled. There has to be gaps to avoid interference from out of market stations.

This doesn't make sense. Broadcast receivers don't have adjustable bandwidths. That compression is simply a single broadcaster trying to make more money showing commercials on a multiplexed channel. More bandwidth wouldn't solve this problem, and broadcasters aren't going add additional transmitters.

Again, how many broadcasters are in a typical metro? Why are you avoiding this question?

>talmudvision
Hard pass rabbi.

All I know is after the market opened up to 4G and more stations, everyone except the 4 main channels had to cut bandwidth a lot. When I still DVRd, one of the stations belonging to the second biggest broadcaster in the country had to cut down so hard the raw TS stream for 720p was like, barely over 200MB for an episode of South Park. It wasn't like that before. We use satellite though, not cable.

The channels were 6 MHz before, and they're 6 MHz now. Where were the cuts made?

>Again, how many broadcasters are in a typical metro?
Depends on the population and market size. NYC has 31 stations with 2-6 subchannels each.
>Why are you avoiding this question?
Why are you being a nigger?

>cites the single largest market on Earth
>hurr nigger

Not an argument.

You've given nothing to argue.

Garbage in, garbage out.

What I believe happened was that the sats providing content for my country had to make more room for more stations, requiring most of them to cut bitrate. Fuck if I know, but I know there was a satellite shuffle around that time, a bunch of new stations came in, and the bitrate went to complete shit.

Are they cutting down OTA HDTV?
It's the only thing preventing me from being a pirate like tyrone.

The bitrate problem has nothing to do with government allocation of spectrum. It's the broadcaster trying to jam more feeds into a single channel.

Again, more channels won't fix this because broadcasters aren't going to buy additional transmitters.

A large portion of stations are being forced to move down the band thanks to the wireless jew. Some are being forced to channel share or shut down.

[citation needed]

Prove this has anything to do with spectrum and isn't simply broadcasters consolidating resources to save shekels.

Fair enough. I don't know what exactly it is, butbit sure as fuck defeats the purpose of having an HDTV, if they're pumping garbage like that into it.
Then again, I gave up watching TV anyway.

I feel ya. My local NBC station has garbage OTA compression because they're running two 480i subchannels.

fcc.gov/consumers/guides/consumer-faqs-tv-spectrum-auction

This doesn't say what you think it does. Again, please cite where stations are *being forced to share channels or shut down*

ATSC 3.0 will improve that. We'll get main channls in 4K HDR and subchannels in 1080p.

Try reading the whole thing.

Unfortunately, the FCC is requiring any broadcaster using ATSC 3.0 to maintain a standard ATSC signal. That means two transmitting facilities and double the operating costs.

Lack of a mandatory switchover means ATSC 3.0 is likely to go the way of AM Stereo: approved, but no one uses it because no one has a receiver for it.

I just turn on american TV and see most ads are about antidepressant or drugs for obsessive–compulsive disorder, bulimia nervosa, panic disorder and premenstrual dysphoric disorder; one ad was about [drug name] for treat premature ejaculation.

I dont watch TV because i am the only sane man in a nut country.

Attached: Sword_Art_Online_11_Yui_6.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

>falling for the tv meme

>falling for the internet meme

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

this is a stupid thread.
broadcast technology has improved an insane amount and they can now squeeze 5x the bandwidth into the frequencies.
thus, some of the RF spectrum can be freed up for other stuff

>watching TV after 2005
What a dumb fucking nigger.

While I agree with you, you did post SAO so I'm inclined to try to find fault with your post...

The only broadcast TV worth watching in America is PBS and all their shit is online anyway.

RF channels lmao

I live in Orange County and most of the RF channels are either dead or foreign. The only people who should be unhappy about this are foreigners and murder she wrote fans.

Does anyone here still watch TV?

I would but the cable company went full jew and requires set top boxes for all channel now, I can't use my HTPC for it anymore so I just dropped cable

Same.
OTA + streaming + blurays helped me cut the cord on head rabbi the puppet master of cable.

>2-36
That's 35 more channels than I get here anyway, who cares?

>murder she wrote fans.

Attached: laugh.gif (290x189, 1.03M)

They should have just made it mandatory, I want 4k over the air TV. Hopefully Walmart has 4k TVs on sale for black Friday so enough poor people want it too.

I think the soonest a station can drop ATSC 1.0 is 2023.

I heard one of the big stations, NBC or Fox maybe, were going to cut commercials down to compete with streaming and online.

OP here. I live in the UK and this shit means I need to get a new aerial if I want to get back some of the now missing channels since a retune did not work (I won't because fuck them putting me on the TV license database).

standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/freeview-channel-changes-mean-london-viewers-may-need-to-retune-their-tv-equipment-a3800506.html

To clarify Freeview are offering a free aerial upgrade paid for by the mobile companies for the next two months. But I don't trust those fuckers and paying for a TV license is a huge scam by the BBC and government.

Why the fuck are you still watching OTA TV nigger

Better quality that the streaming crap.

not for long. the internet pipeline is quickly catching up with the quality you can get with satelite / ota. in the next 10 years the difference will be miniscule when everyone can handle 4k streams

TV -> weird-tv.com/

>broadcast
>TV
What the fuck are you talking about?
Isn't "TV" just codeword for "big ass monitor"?

Run along, the adults are talking

>Streaming
TV will never be as good as even a low quality blu-ray rip

That's a good thing because that means people won't be able to watch a bunch of stupid rapist content.

>analog channels
>this year
Isn't it a little too late to be worrying about this now?

Eventually, all radio spectrum will be under lock and key. All forms of communication under paywall. Why didn't you stop this?

Oh. This suddenly doesn't sound too bad, now.

I couldn't care less about losing tv spectrum. Out of the 13 that I receive, only two are worth watching (my local news). However, I can watch my local news broadcasts live online for free. The rest of the shit on OTA TV is home shipping channels, programming for old people, and some Spanish channels.

Good riddance.

>TV
fuck off grandma

It's free of the pay TV jew and higher bitrate HD.

In the Netherlands that spectrum is used by the secret service.

Because of this we will be adopting 5G several years later than the rest of Europe.

Streaming over 5G will be much higher quality than digital TV let alone analogue TV.

>Implying the streamers will encode at anything above 10mbit.

This is where the problem lies.

Won't they?
What's the highest bit rate Netflix uses, for example?

And even so, streams aren't limited to MPEG2.
AV1 streams will be better even at much lower bit rates.

Remember digital TV can't even do 1080p.

Netflix Annihilation

General
Unique ID : 328330726962134926728891148047523906900 (0xF70232A7BB47A5E5E067260460120554)
Complete name : Annihilation.2018.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DD5.1.x264-NTG.mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
File size : 3.25 GiB
Duration : 1 h 55 min
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 4 025 kb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2018-03-12 07:02:28
Writing application : mkvmerge v16.0.0 ('Protest') 64-bit
Writing library : libebml v1.3.5 + libmatroska v1.4.8

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L4
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, RefFrames : 3 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 1 h 55 min
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 3 650 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 5 475 kb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.073
Stream size : 2.93 GiB (90%)

>TV
>Quality
My dude even cable looks worse than 1080p YouTube because the TV jews want to compress everything to shit to save money. Why even watch TV anymore.

No they use shit compression, because it has to work with 20 year old devices that have never had a firmware update.

Televizion need to disappear.

Oh yeah. That TV I use all the time *blows dust off set top box*
>Pic is current state of TV

Attached: Train wreck.jpg (1280x960, 231K)

>TV
>OTA TV at that

Attached: deprecated.png (1084x411, 126K)

This, it's still MPEG2