VPN

Are Smartphone VPNs of any use anyways ?
Would it help me escape the botnet (at all) considering smartphones are designed to scrape any data possible

Attached: Screenshot_20180329-123317.jpg (686x538, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thenextweb.com/security/2018/03/27/26-popular-115-vpns-keeping-tabs-saying-theyre-not/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If it's paid it's worth. Otherwise botnet

just find the manual set up login and password, they are normally universal for every user and skim off the paid provider for free.

What do you mean by find the manual setup login and password ?

There is no guarantee of privacy if you pay.

just setup you own vpn server using vds a get free client like openvpn. or 2 vpns)

Your phone has to ping a cell tower to get reception anyways so you're always trackable; smartphone or dumbphone

You moron, if you get something free you are the product. Why do you think services are free like facebook or google? Out of the kindness of their hearts? Servers are expensive to run and keep running. They cost money, so either they get money from their users to pay for it, deliver ads, or you are the product they mine to sell the info to foreigners.

It's honestly surprising that we don't hear more stories about people putting vpn software on things like raspberry pis, and leaving them all over the world in hidden locations and connected to a power source and to free WiFi at places like mcdonalds, Starbucks, etc.
But that'd probably require neckbeards to go outside, lol.

>Your phone has to ping a cell tower to get reception anyways so you're always trackable; smartphone or dumbphone

This seems acceptable to me, as long as they can't inspect the content I'm sending and receiving.

>
>There is no guarantee of privacy if you pay.

You moron, if you get something free you are the product. Why do you think services are free like facebook or google? Out of the kindness of their hearts? Servers are expensive to run and keep running. They cost money, so either they get money from their users to pay for it, deliver ads, or you are the product they mine to sell the info to foreigners.

Reading comprehension, he isn;t contesting the fact that free = shit.
He means that even while paying, you still have to trust the party providing you the service. The big question is can you put more trust in your VPN provider than your ISP?
Ideally you wouldn't have to trust either, for example by using a distributed solution like f2p. But it's horribly slow.

Man dont use any VPN provs, just DIY VPN.

just set up your own vpn server

How do we do this
Isn't this retarded? If they know the VPN is yours then it's over. It's like changing your name to a particular pseudonym everyone already know you use

first vpn---tunnel---second vpn with proxy. If we talking about browsing of what? Anyway its not working as they had a policy listening mode.

Power isn't free.

>muuhhhh vpn

thenextweb.com/security/2018/03/27/26-popular-115-vpns-keeping-tabs-saying-theyre-not/

Maybe vpn through tor? Low speed solution.

Uhhh...you fags do realise that you're just sending your traffic back over your ISP endpoint? The whole reason you pay a VPN provider is so you have a different endpoint and IP.

>You moron, if you get something free you are the product
Guess i'd better uninstall GNU/Linux and reinstall Windows 10. After all, If it's free, it's automatically botnet, right?

...god I hate that "if it's free you're the product" shit. It's so nonsensical.

Yes, but all of your data is encrypted isn it? Its simple solution for secure data from open wifi points. Realy bad things needs a another stuff.

Implying you can't steal power.

Yeah I connect to PIA via OpenVPN on Android (fdroid)

Attached: Screenshot_20180329-121745.png (1440x2560, 192K)

>You moron, if you get something free you are the product
You are arguing with a point he didn't made