Best Tech Gadget I Ever Owned

I am 34, using computers since I was 4 or 5 years old (Commodore, Spectrum, later Atari, etc.) and this is the best tech gadget I have ever owned.

I have never seen such polish in technology yet. You literally plug the damn thing, click next, OK, and it works perfectly, all devices can use it, computers, smartphones, my wife's and mine and everything impeccable.

Bravo, Google. I may not like all that you do, but god damned you proved you can make good tech with this one.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (295x300, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uT1X4P_Z9Eg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

try streaming 1080p 60 fps videos on it.

they have a 4k version with ethernet that should handle 1080p 60fps easy.

What do you use it for?

Rokus are better.

I have it, it actually has no use.

It's shit because you can't stream subtitles.

Any dlna capable player (such as kodi) is better.
Chromecast is cheap and simplistic, I'd give you that

this is the only drawback I've found, and no Dolby Vision support

Wow I was actually planning on getting one before this thread and now I'm not.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Killing Bites - 11 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_05.22_[2018.03.23_22.10.28].jpg (1858x958, 130K)

If it's for your chinese cartoons, you'd need mp4 reencodes with hard subs.

So you're telling me all I have to do is convert lossy to lossy and then delete most post process filters because they get fucked up with hardsubs? Thanks Google PR employee!

Attached: 1522241007581.png (989x1029, 1.14M)

Try getting it to work with your router. Or calling them for support since chromecast support doesn't exist

youtube.com/watch?v=uT1X4P_Z9Eg

wut.

I use plex with chromecast and subs works fine.

rokus are for boomer trash that don't know a single thing about tech

You could always try growing up like your peers did.

I love my Chromecast but it still feels like a second grade product compared to something like a Rock or even an Amazon stick. I can't stand requiring a separate deceive to control the Chromecast. I'd gladly pay more money for a remote and UI to stream stuff if my phone isn't on me

Like a Roku*

Legit question, is it a botnet? Does it have access to the internet or is using google services?

Why not just get a fucking HDMI cable and connect your PC to your TV instead?

It's using Google services and yes it's connected to the internet.

I have a fire stick with kodi which I always bring with me whilst travelling for work and it's been amazing for keeping me going.

does the firestick still have youtube, or did google pull it?

pulled it, the bastards.. i cant believe we're witnessing these practices in 2018.. goes against my beliefs. I will probably end up getting the chromecast. I actually just bought one for my mum for when i see her so will try it there and then buy it

>Google

Attached: risitas.jpg (425x283, 38K)

Is this the new Google shill thread? I thought the Apple shill threads were bad...

Attached: XugdlJd.gif (356x400, 2M)

You can just sideload Smart Youtube. Stick is more versatile than chromecast and you can remove the amazon bloat if you don't update.