What is the most stable, unbreakable linux distro

What is the most stable, unbreakable linux distro

Attached: can i get uhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (640x640, 48K)

Alpine Linux. Has grsec, Musl libc, OpenRC, and busybox as its main coreutils. This makes its attack surface incredibly low and the kernel highly secure. It gets used a lot with docker, and I hear is great for server use or for routers.

slackware or slackware variants or openbsd

Not OP, but I need to ask. I've only used Linux Mint. I have zero idea what grsec, musl libc, openrc or busybox are. Is Alpine Linux worth it if I want to learn more about Linux?

debian stable

Although it's not Linux, OpenBSD

No. Stay where you are and read a book.

Not really

Any distro, as long as you never try to update any packages.

I'd guess so, given that Alpine actually is starting to get some use. I'll explain what the things are though:
grsec is a series of security patches for the Linux kernel. Currently they are under a restrictive license, but they used to be free. I assume Alpine forked them.
musl libc is an alternative C standard library, used in the place of GNU's libc. It's significantly smaller and doesn't have any special extensions. very strictly standards-compliant. It's as a result more secure, although some programs may not compile.
openRC is an alternative service management system that is used instead of systemd. Many people dislike systemd for reasons that would be way too many to explain here, but simply put, openRC is smaller and more minimal.
busybox is an alternative to the GNU coreutils. This means it's a different version of tools like ls, cat, less, echo, grep, etc. Generally lighter and better for embedded systems, which is one of the use cases for Alpine.

You can't break it if it doesn't work from the start right?

You might be retarded, son

Thank you very much for the lengthy explanation. I'll try it out, my computer is not new and is popular (X230), so compatibility should be good.

>Software so outdated it only runs on a Thinkpad from the late 90's

No thanks Grandpa.

You'll want to compile from source, so I'd suggest Gentoo.

Don't expect a desktop out of the box though. You'll be booting up to a TTY, and can then install X11 and a GUI from there.
Honestly might be a good learning experience though.

Entreprise distros such as Fedora, CentOS or REHL are the safest ones that exist.

>What is the most stable, unbreakable linux distro
centOS/RHEL.

That's a really good image.

Attached: 28-02-2015_01-12-49_image.jpg (640x618, 78K)

works on my machine

Salty IIS maven detected.

underrated

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Does musl work with Wayland?

Hamburger?

Attached: 1517553949103.jpg (500x700, 166K)

Give me your order dumb bitch

Here are your options.
Bonus option is coming next.

Attached: 1473838859895.jpg (600x364, 37K)

Attached: san whitch.png (958x766, 826K)

This user knows.

For me, it's the mcchicken

Ubuntu. Or just use Windows 7 if you're not a fucking idiot.

>musl
>not breaking things
I know it's technically the shitty code's fault for depending on glibc, but still

This. The only way to bork slackware/openbsd installs is to format the drives they're on.

Linux From Scratch, since it is not a distro, but a free book.

>grsec
No thanks, OpenSuse with AppArmor and SE is way better.

Gentoo

musl barely works with x

/thread

baka can't even get debian working gtfo

install gentoo

I've installed Debian from minimal, then wrote a script to pull the rest of the needed packages for the desktop, compiled everything I needed that wasn't in the repos, and generated configs. Nice try though. Everything is so old in the repos that anything relatively recent just doesn't work with it. Even on derivatives that have a more frequent update schedule. Try getting abcde with pird to work or pywal with rofi. The out of box hardware support on Debian is shitty, where as derivatives or even more bleeding edge distros it works fine in. I can get it working just fine, it's just the time it takes in Debian compared to less barbaric distros is immeasurable.

don't order anything from this trash store, anime girl

Anything as long as you run it on proper hardware

Don't blame muscl for X's shortcomings.

This if you're ok running software from 3 years ago. I unfortunately had to update and now my debian testing has a warning on startup. I just close my eyes and pretend everything is still stable.

>everything is so old
Debian is as new as you want it to be with a simple word change in a config file. You should already know this.
>hardware support on Debian is shitty
The drivers come from kernel so I think all the distros have pretty equal support, but you have to use the nonfree ISO for some devices to get the full list. Some are disabled because they are nonfree.

Also
>I've installed Debian from minimal
>the out of box hardware support on Debian is shitty
>minimal
>out of box
>minimal
Just use the nonfree ISO if you don't want to tinker with stuff. If you do, why would you even complain? Not the one you are replying btw.

None of them they will all break in one way or another use a real OS like macosx or windows.

Arch, just updated 207 packages on a shitty old htpc I keep around for no reason, it didn't even stutter.

Red hat