Tech We Haven't Gotten Around to Learning Yet

TWHGATLY THREAD

Attached: docker-facebook.png (648x210, 28K)

what are good alternatives?

Why should i use this ?

Please get off my board, ESL-kun.

Ok then

Attached: wiki_400x400.png (400x400, 79K)

Does docker isolate application from main system?
I'd like to use discord, but don't like the fact that it's botnet collecting data and watching processes of my system.
Would docker discord be a solution to this problem? Can application "escape" docker container?

I mean one way to find out is to run debian/alpine in docker and check if that environment is to your liking.

someone answer these plz

I could, but MAYBE someone tried/knows this and can answer in a quick fashion

yes
but you can mount folders in your host to a docker container

dunno about windows version of docker

>windows
You should always assume that Jow Forums primary OS is linux (GNU) based distribution. ;^)

>but...
is this but good or bad?

HAMMER

This

Docker is good for building and env consistently to either: run ci or compile something that’s to be rolled into a package to then be installed by some script controlled by chef or absible.

Otherwise it can fuck off. If you actually use docker in prod you’re fucking disgusting.

Hammer as in the utility used to create Source engine maps?

>some script
>chef
>absible

Attached: 1328420401063.jpg (340x310, 55K)

people just want a have a button and have stuff just werk without understanding what actually is going on

Why is this botnet being shilled everyday? Fucking morons promote FOSS then forget when a nice app is released.

Easier, lighter and better than virtual boxes. Retarded easy to run and use. It is really easy to run few isolated containers at once - with virtual boxes it would take ages.

Also you save shitload of time.

>If you actually use docker in prod you’re fucking disgusting.

Care to explain? I'm not; I'm using TF-serving for my work. I considered docker though just so I didn't have to deal with my developers bullshit. I'm a first-year SRE though so I'm basically like a retarded toddler trying to drive a racecar.

He's retarded, ignore him. There's nothing wrong with running Docker in production. Just don't try to do anything stupid like run databases or highly stateful applications in it (and even then, that's doable as long as you understand and have countermeasures for the risks).

Literally any new JS framework