NVIDIA GeForce 11 Series Launching Around July

wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-11-series-launching-around-july-gddr6-mass-production-timeline-confirms/

gamersnexus.net/industry/3271-gddr6-slated-for-next-gen-nvidia-gpus-3-month-mass-production

>SK Hynix has also confirmed to GamersNexus that GDDR6 will be entering production in three month’s time around late June, early July. This puts the the GeForce 11 series launch right around July, which happens to coincide with a report published earlier this month that put the launch also in the July timeframe.

Attached: Nvidia_logo.svg.png (1280x1024, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2018/03/29/windows_10_creators_update_driver_flaws/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is gddr6 going to be any better then gddr5 apart from having a higher number?

The new memory will run at 1.35v and deliver double the speed of GDDR5 but will cost around 20% more to produce. So, expect slightly higher MSRPs than NVIDIA’s Pascal GeForce 10 series launch prices. SK Hynix has also confirmed that it will offer GDDR6 chips in 1GB and 2GB densities. Typically, each 32-bit GDDR memory controller segment is paired with a single GDDR chip, this in turn means that we’ll be looking at 8GB and 16GB capacities on 256-bit GPUs, i.e. what would be the next GTX 1180 and GTX 1170 graphics cards.

Anyone think we will get 4k 60fps with these new cards?

>So, expect slightly higher MSRPs
Might as well kiss myself to peaces

1170 will probably be similar to a 1080Ti, 1180 will be 20% faster.

>So, expect slightly higher MSRPs than NVIDIA’s Pascal GeForce 10 series launch prices.
$799 1180 Ti reference

So the 1170 will cost around 1100$ then.

Cool post.
>no official announcement
>expected performance
>price rise

We get it

>currytech
Sage, report and hide.

Samsung already started mass production in January though

Attached: 66652244.png (684x768, 465K)

No it won't. It'll be, for the most part, a Pascal refresh and not Volta gaming GPUs. They may even literally be Pascal refreshes with GDDR5 for most/all models.
It'll be under a 25% performance increase. Pascal was 35-57% over Maxwell, IIRC, the biggest jump Nvidia has had in the past decade.

wccftech really needs to be banned from Jow Forums, also.
These are the same people that reported the 1080Ti would launch in January 2017 with 16GB of HBM2, and that Pascal would be 10x faster than Maxwell.

Attached: smuglolihackress.png (1440x900, 1.62M)

Source?

I can't wait for nVidia to release it's new series of heaters!

>Source?
An anonymous tech insider.

jej

>Windows 10 drivers only
>Price inflated by miners

GPU progress is dead

Fucking care, chinks and normies killed the GPU market for me anyway. Waiting for this hype train to be over in a couple years.

>Windows 10 drivers only
say who?

>founders GTX 1170 ONLY $999 USD MSRP
>founders GTX 1180 ONLY $1399 USD MSRP
>founders GTX 1180 Ti ONLY $1799 USD MSRP

Attached: 1493482435717.jpg (900x1200, 186K)

until directx13 releases, this is kinda irrelevant

jensen really gonna assrape us this gen

damn son that will be great for 4k@144hz

Attached: 1510545692661.png (665x574, 242K)

A month later than expected, but thats close enough. Usually they would release an stronger variant/model a month or so early. If thats the case, then it follows the usual pattern.

only nvidia could get away with selling midrage chips for 1000 bucks

disgusting

I used to believe in this "miners are to blame" story but now I don't. A month of shortages, sure, that can happen, demand could spike and you could run out. Two months.. well, it's possible that there could be some issues that case a delay in ramping up production. It's been more than half a year since GPU prices begun increasing like crazy. AMD GPUs have been out of stock a lot of the time, NVidia GPUs have been in stock all the time locally but prices have been more and more inflated.

I don't buy "miners are to blame for this", it's simply been going on for too long. It's much more likely that NVidia and to some degree AMD decided to take advantage and rake in record profits.

lol, at best it will perform 5% better than a normal 1080

>11xx series

ha 20xx fags BTFO

>and that Pascal would be 10x faster than Maxwell.
It is, in some scale-up HPC workloads where NVLink matters.

DX12 is not even relevent

so wait gddr6 goes on production early july and the cards will launch at july?

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
sorry no

AHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Actually, the cards could launch next month or next year for all we know. And they may or may not use DDR6 RAM. As for GDDR6 and relation to release-dates, SK Hynix isn't the only GDDR6 player in town. Samsung's been making it since January... which raises this obvious question: Why has Samsung been mass-producing GDDR6 memory since January when there doesn't seem to be any GDDR6 products on the market at this time? It seems just as likely that cards with GDDR6 will show up next month.

Stop falling for this crap. Nvidia themselves said Q3.

will it be a gen that can comfortably run 4k?

Amd and Nvidia are not raking in those profits though. The retailers are eating up all those profits in excess of msrp.

Imagine being dumb enough to keep falling for this clickbait. These sites were all SURE that Nvidia were announcing their new cards at GTC and that they'd be on shelves next month. Now they're pretending that they knew it was July all along, and when July comes and goes with no cards, they'll bring you the exclusive scoop that they're coming sometime after that.

I hope fanless 1150Ti ready by chrismas

itt: being so poor that these prices seem high

Sounds lewd, I want to watch you do it

Maybe they should fix this before releasing new cards?
theregister.co.uk/2018/03/29/windows_10_creators_update_driver_flaws/

Attached: IMG_20180330_053321.jpg (790x960, 120K)

Uh huh

works on my machine

>No it won't.
Yes it will
This sounds like post-purchase rationalization, the 1170 will be at least as fast as the 1080Ti, maybe 5% faster. 16GB of GDDR6 with improved color compression.

What do you think the prices will be for /nocoin/ fags like me?

>Q3
>This puts the the GeForce 11 series launch right around July
>July

>1180 will be 20% faster.
How about 20% cooler ?

>nvidia with vaporware at it again

What a disappointment.

I'm hoping for a upgrade for the mx 150 since we are getting the coffe lake cpu on laptop

>there are people actually speculating on how fast the new 11xx series GPUs will be based on baseless rumors from currytech
In a logical sense, this would just be a Pascal refresh with GDDR6.

Can I mine with it?

Common sense, insiders, and Nvidia financial reports (R&D expenses almost entirely went to V100 for the past 2 years).

Well, V100 is nice.

They'd probably just up the clock if they could do that

So, we will get a 75W GTX 1060 6GB this generation?

No, that requires a shrink.

>Pascal was 35-57% over Maxwell, IIRC
You certainly don't remember correctly. I'm also entirely certain they won't debut an entire new range without the top of the line model at release being faster than a current 1080Ti.

Attached: VCrhYMj.png (1921x1081, 197K)

>sucking dick for cash
thanks for letting us know your profession, user.

So I really like akdong musician but the brother is in the military so no new album until 2020 and I was wondering if you guys could recommend me something similar [spoiler]in english would be perfect[/spoiler]

It's also twice the size as Vega64

That's comparing a single model range.
But yeah I guess I meant 30-67%.

Are you sure you are in a correct thread?

>It's also twice the size as Vega64
Well, you gotta fit NVLink hub, FP64 ALUs (in 1/2 FP32 ratio) and meme cores somewhere.
Still a good purpose-built design.

>NVLink
Vega64 has infinity fabric, no?

>infinity fabric
Stop with this meme already.
And read what NVLink does.

THE MORE YOU BUY THE MORE YOU SAVE

prices increased by distributors not shitvidya.
I highly doubt there will be big demand since all shitcoins are crashing

Are you implying that the fabric is not, in fact, infinite?

I am implying that not every fucking bus AMD uses is Infinity Fabric.
Fuck AMD marketing.

That's literally wrong, though.

It would be funny if they only released 1150 and 1160 and they perform as the 1060 6GB and 1070 respectively for the original price of 1050 / 1060.

That would btfo AMD completely.

Then they can continue milking the high range.

So a refresh for the sake of efficiency?

Yup

Maybe it will activate competition lawsuits and actions so that we can have AMD options back again.

Pretty likely, desu. There's not a huge need right now to push the high end further until display technology catches up. On the other hand, improving the performance-to-cost ratio will sell a ton of cards to the 90% of gamers who aren't running enthusiast builds. Those are the people AMD tends to target, too, so it'd effectively be depriving their competition of market share.

>2018
>not sucking dick for major dolar

Enjoy being poor.

>geforce
>/v/

Nvidia could have always released the 1060 with 20% higher clock rate to "BTFO AMD", being higher performance and still a bit less power usage. They don't want to sell more 1060s. They want to sell more *70 and *80 cards.

They want to sell more of everything. Profit is profit. And the people buying *80s aren't the people buying *60s.

No, they want to create an artificial market which pushes them toward 1070s which have higher margins.

I can get 4k 60FPS on my 1080 now

That would time it with the possible release of that new panel Nvidia developed with AU Optronics.
Clever pricks.

>Pascal was 35-57% over Maxwell
bull the fuck shit
between 700 series and 900 series, a 970 still lost to a 780ti.
between 900 and 1000 series, a 1070 matched a 980ti