Whats a good low cost way to play PC games on TV?

I recently gave my GF an HD TV. Whats a good solution for playing PC for low cost. Nothing too powerful is necessary. Something that would play 1080p ok.

Attached: download (4).jpg (800x600, 116K)

Attached: 1522358855135.jpg (488x668, 51K)

An HDMI cable?

>1080p
I think you mean 1920x1080. 1080p is a video mode, not a resolution, and all pc's put out a progressive signal.

Just connect your PC to it with an HDMI cable.

Pedantic pick got it wrong. 1080p is 1920x1080 with progressive scan. This is exactly what OP wants and what he said is what he meant.

Hdmi cable

This.
Not sure wtf you want OP.

I stream mine through chromecast

dont use hdmi it is botnet. use dvi or display port

youre a dumbass and wrong

No TVs have DVI.
Not many have Displayport.
Every TV has HDMI.

>a cable is botnet

Bro when I hook my PC up to my TV on a fresh install it uses 1080i (30fps) unless I manually add the 1080p mode.

the steam box thing, I got mine for 15 bucks when it was onsale

I use a 55 inch 4k tv as monitor, it's pretty great for gaming and movies etc. Since it is 4k I change the scale to 150%, it looks beautiful in my eyes. Just use an hdmi cable. People talk about response time and input lag but I don't notice it. Unless youre a pro cs go player or something dont worry.

I went off topic, just buy a regular office pc like a dell or hp for the cheap anything above an i5 2400 is good. Add a low profile gpu unless you got money for a new power supply to power a better one and youre done. Buy an hdmi boom pc on a tv

I'll help teach you but in exchange you help teach me how to get a gf.

Hit the gym and stop eating like shit

No

HDMI cable is still better, since you'd have to connect it with a Ethernet cable to have even remotely good quality/latency. And then on top of that you need that steam box and power it. The steam box is pretty good for its wireless/network USB capabilities.
t. Got the steam box for almost no extra money with my steam controller.

My chromecast doesnt have noticeable latency

Steam box has noticeable latency to me. Never used Chromecast, but you're propably just not as sensitive to it as I am.

Im sure theres some. Im not a l33t gamer so i legit dont notice. I looked for some when i first set it up tho

Buy a used xbox. I hear it has halo and morrowind

Out of like 20 something replies you are the only one who understood what the guy meant? Are there seriously this many idiots in here or what? And then a guy says 1920X1080 isn't resolution. Damn people.

I will help since this section HAS to run an average age of 9 because any 11 year old I know can answer these questions easy. It all really depends on the games you want to play. I had been playing on an e8400 and 7970 up until 2 years ago and playing pretty much everything at about 40fps. Skyrim for example, solid 40-45fps with enb, mods, 1080p, at high. With that setup you could play Rise of tombraider on low and get that framerate. So depends on game (obviously). For new games, this gen, you need an i5 as previously stated. Good card on the saving side, 780ti, I have one in one of my rigs and it still holds its own easily. Last gen games, crysis, skyrim, diablo 3, tombraider 2013, all of that stuff fine on a dual/quad wolfdale and 7000 series card. 5000 series would be a stretch, but still playable. Look up youtube for dell with video card. You can get bookshelf optiplex dells with e8400's and put low profile cards in them for cheap.

You can skimp on the i5 and get a 2500K and overclock the crap out of it. Then just get an older card with as much ram as you can.

It's okay they make adapters for that

Probably because this is Jow Forums and he was asking about pc games we all assume he already owns a pc because this is 2018

>Hdmi is botnet
>Recommends DVI, which uses the same signal

>Browses Jow Forums
>Expects anyone to actually know anything about technology
It's your fault tbqhf

Buy a PS4