Download 15gb 4K file

>Download 15gb 4K file
>VLC sloppy
>Potplayer playing beautifully

Attached: Untitled.png (513x399, 64K)

>windows

Attached: 1513652233791.jpg (438x438, 20K)

In my experience all chinese/korean software is malware with shit UI ,but hey if you like being gay i dont mind op.

t. KIMJONG

POTPLAYER IS NORK BOTNET

>4K file
>15Gb

Attached: 1475468665670.jpg (375x550, 46K)

I bet the faggot is using a 1920x1080 display as well

>15GB
>4K

Eventually they all sell out. GOM Player used to be a media staple back when God pissed in the primordial soup, and it could play broken files too.

The UI is always shit though, that's just unavoidable.

I do this if there's no remux available.

PotPlayer is awesome, it's not FOSS, but it has a pretty good UI/UX and handles any video I throw at it. Has some unnecessary features, but never felt it was slow. Really wish Windows had something like IINA for macOS, though, which is the goat. mpc-hc never really had a proper FOSS replacement.

Before Win 10 when I actually needed a media player for MKV I was using PotPlayer because it supported MadVR out of the box. Really thought it was odd that so few people were into it considering it did all of the memey shit people used MPC for back in the day but without actually requiring any effort to do so. I swear this board has always been against simple solutions for no reason other than vanity.

>PotPlayer is awesome
>it's not FOSS
pick one

Just think, in maybe about 35 years if you save your NEETbux and haven't long ago killed yourself, you'll be able to afford an old 4K display from eBay and then you'll be able to agonize over how shitty your mongolian cartoons look in 4K on ganoo loonux too.

Attached: nInvaders-Game-For-Linux.gif (742x478, 342K)

I'll give you a fun fact for free since you're clearly a fag with a neet boyfriend who doesn't even lift and you like bashing gnu/linux: It doesn't support 10-bit colors. Yes, really. I have a triple-monitor 4k 10-bit display setup and while Xorg identifies them as 10-bit it can't actually utilize more than 8-bit.. so here's something to laugh at. Seriously. Patches for 10-bit support were added two days ago (so you can laugh at this for some time before support trickles down to distributions)

this

>he thinks remux is the same as a scaled down re-encode of a video

jesus christ someone get this winfags back to /v/

PotPlayer is awesome

Where did I imply that?

when you thought a remux makes 4k into 1920x1080 you fucking retard.

What the fuck? I'm implying that a 4K encode look better than a 1080p encode

>literally not what
says

>Remux is not available
>Next best thing is a 4K encode
I don't get how this is hard to grasp.

Attached: 1522007450520.jpg (1200x859, 265K)

>I do this when there's no remux available
>implying a REMUX CHANGES RESOLUTION
WHICH IT DOES NOT

what is so hard to grasp, you dumb fuck..

you just said the same thing again, implying a remux is a different resolution

>A remux is a rip of a Blu-ray or HD DVD disc to another container format or just stripping the disc of menus and bonus material while keeping the contents of its audio and video streams intact (also keeping the current codecs), guaranteeing the exact 1:1 movie quality as on original disc.

don't post anymore.

Are you fucks for real? I never implied that anywhere. A 1080p remux is obviously gonna look better than a 4K emcode on a 1080p screen. If the remux isn't available then a 4K encode will still look better than a 1080p encode. Where the fuck did you get the bullshit about a remux changing resolutions?

I've been using KMPlayer since 2007, after it became a piece of shit I transferred to PotPlayer and never looked back

HAHHAHHA BTFO

give up retard
>blah blah I was only pretending to be retarded

>anime

Oh it's bait. I see, now I actually do feel like a retard.

>DUDE POT

I wouldn't use that garbage based on the name alone

>remux 1080p magically turns into a 4k via remux

haha got him ;)

BASED BOTNETPOSTER

JUST WAIT TILL THE NORMOS CATCH ON TO THE HOT NEW BOTNET MEME

WITH ALL THEIR RECENT NORMOBOOK PANIC YOU BETTER GO LONG BOTNET STOCK ON THE MEME EXCHANGE

MEME:BOTN BUYBUYBUY LAMBO TO THE MOON

Seriously?

someone shoop a soy image on that gif

>download video
>VLC works perfectly fine
Don't know why anyone would need something other than VLC or mpv+some frontend

Attached: ea3792a82aa5f7ff9f2fffd0cda2e094.jpg (1045x1500, 861K)

VLC is software-only, while most other players like PotPlayer, MPC and mpv have hardware acceleration. This means VLC will shit itself when playing 4k or very high quality 1080p files, depending on your CPU.