Windows 10 Redstone 5 is the next major update to Windows 10 coming this fall, and its development is now well underway...

Windows 10 Redstone 5 is the next major update to Windows 10 coming this fall, and its development is now well underway. With every new Insider preview build, comes a list of new features and changes. Here's our consolidated changelog for Windows 10 Redstone 5 that we will continue to update throughout development.

>Windows 10 UWP apps and some Win32 apps such as File Explorer now feature a tabbed UI similar to that found in Microsoft Edge called "Sets."

THE CURRENT STATE OF WINDOWSFAGS

Attached: 37129C87-92E8-4DED-83FF-FDD9FA35434F.jpg (2048x1153, 667K)

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2018/03/29/news/companies/microsoft-restructuring-windows/index.html
deviantart.com/customization/skins/newest/?q=windows 10
youtu.be/JwHcOGDHKGM
youtu.be/Jc2rkyHSHtw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>here's an optional feature
>"LOL WINDOWSFAGS BTFO"

How's that archtism going, user? Did it strike harder than you expected?

It is unironically useful and I have zero problem with it

>2018
>windows gets file browser tabs
TOO LATE
I already run a FTP server, bash terminal, and have tabs
How can winfags even compete lmao

Windows is for homosexuals and transexuals. Heterosexuals use macOS. Not even memeing.

Attached: 1521342885094.png (780x1131, 462K)

I bet they remove control panel redstone 5

I only use windows for gayming.

lets hope your settings tab doesn't crash and causes your whole computer to burn lmao

>still no ricing options

I'm eternally stuck on this ugly OS

I hope they remove it and put everything in the settings app

That's what they've been doing slowly for the past few years

gets uglier and more bloated with each release.

I wanna run a home FTP server available on the net, can you post a guide?

A normal FTP server with a port forwarded

Is there a windows app on the windows app store to locate the nearest loo for poo poo in the loo?

did they really name a version after minecraft

They need to get their 5 billion dollars worth

Windows 10 Fall Creators update broke the Start Menu (yes, the fucking start menu) on my NeetPad X201.

I'm wondering what this new update will break.

Attached: 🤔.png (478x504, 44K)

money.cnn.com/2018/03/29/news/companies/microsoft-restructuring-windows/index.html

deviantart.com/customization/skins/newest/?q=windows 10

Attached: qqq.jpg (2780x2750, 1.22M)

sfc /scannow

That was becoming obvious since W10's release. I wouldn't expect any new Windows releases in a long time now.
I also heard some other user say Windows 10 will be renamed to just Windows and will be free after some time, that's pretty much expected as well.

Sets is probably the first actual useful feature since 10 has launched.

Kind of amazing.

Is the LTSB version going to get the features as well?

No, that's the point of ltsb. No bloat features because you don't need them.

this is an underrated trigger

ltsb isn't going to get anything until 2019

LTSB always get every new features last, like 2 years after they get launched.

That's the point of ltsb, making as few changes to the system as possible, but supporting it as for as long as possible.

That's why ltsb are used in enterprise mostly.

people are unironically still using windows

Are you saying there are better alternatives?

What the fuck its just a taskbar inside a window, it's not organized and its just there just for the sake of having tabs
Its not even "Notepad 1 and Notepad 2 on this window, then File Explorer 1, 2, 3 on another window". They just slapped the functionality because they think its fine

>Its not even "Notepad 1 and Notepad 2 on this window, then File Explorer 1, 2, 3 on another window".
you can do that why are you being stupid

something something [insert my favorite linux distro here] something muh freedom and stallman memes

>NUMIX
Yuck

I actually like that. Hopefully they release the API so the 3rd party browser can adopt the system.

you forgot willful redefinitions of "botnet" and "malware" to mean "connects to the internet and the code is not licensed under GPLv3"

Ew, not upgrading my windows

Feature:
>turning all the telemetry and forced updates you have tried to disable back on at full power

>willful redefinitions of "botnet" and "malware" to mean "harvests your personal data, monitors and logs everything you do on """your""" computer and sells the info to 3rd parties"
fix'd that for ya

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

Stupid and gay. If I want tabs I'll go to my browser

That's still not what either of those terms mean GNUtard. Also that's been going on as long as the internet itself, Web 2.0/social media just made it much more obvious.

bisexuals dual boot

And if I wanted a taskbar on the top of my window I'll get a freeware tool to do that...

then check out Tidytabs

It will eventually, but you can still be superior to these retailfags and use MSMG ToolKit to customize an Enterprise ISO to slimmer-than-LTSB levels in the meantime.

Honestly I think its improving but the privacy issue keeps me from being enthusiastic.

they're adding a diagnostics data viewer in the next update
which won't make people enthusiastic about windows at all but it's pretty much the only mainstream action I can think of that actually encourages you to see what is being sent

I use Debian, therefore I don't need the pile of trash. Keep those developments coming while you can. The future looks bleak for Microsoft.

that's actually neat feature when you think about it

>I only use windows for gayming.
Hopefully Windows 7.

>Windows
WWWWWEEEEEE DDDOOOONNNNTTTT GGGGGIIIIIIVVVEEEE AAAAA FFFFUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK

>That's still not what either of those terms mean GNUtard. Also that's been going on as long as the internet itself, Web 2.0/social media just made it much more obvious.
So, we might just as well give up, even though alternatives exist?

Why, when win10 gets faster framerates and has a built in multitasking limiter "game mode" so you don't have to close everything just to game

Feature? I'd say wishful thinking.

I've seen inconsistencies on both Windows 7 and 10 gaming wise. Do you have any sources for it achieving better framerates? I'm just asking for the sake of the argument.

Consistently faster in Unigine, and the built in Gaming Mode improves performance if you have multiple tasks open in the background, otherwise it does almost nothing (Go figure)

Attached: 4ojhZ7X.png (907x654, 49K)

Poogle Street View

>still 2 control panels
really working on those new builds huh pajeet?

The very existence of Windows Update since 95 means Windows is inherently a """""""botnet"""""" you fucking dunce. People were bitching about data collection going back to XP but you're a retarded election newfag who got memed into linux because microsoft shit the bed with 8 and with 10 you heard the term telemetry and thought there were (((ulterior motives)))

>Heterosexuals
what did he mean by this?

Attached: file.jpg (825x959, 76K)

>Debian
>Not using arch

Well, you're not too far...

>random retard at deviantart creates better ui than dozens of professional designers at microshit

really makes you think

arch and gentoo is for asexuals

Then get stuck on a boot loop after forced upgrade because you forgot to uninstall it.

t. cuckubuntu user

Debian Sid with experimental is pretty close desu.

>Unigine
What even is that engine? A VR engine? Really? That's your conclusion? A VR engine benchmark?

I have been using arch for 6 years.

It's a pretty popular benchmarking engine, have you never heard of their Valley or Heaven benchmarks?
At 4K resolutions for gaming it's regularily faster by a good amount of frames too

I'm now going to start calling it Redbone.

Prepare to get cucked winfags.

Benchmarks are not the same as games. You could've chosen a better example.

Built in streaming tools and game mode, along with better benchmark scores have to be worth something, though?

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 8K)

Come on, you can find a better example.

Good thing i'm not contractually obligated to care, desu

Out of curiousity do you have any kind of evidence for Windows 7? You keep asking with nothing in return.

I'm not interested in gaming, that's why I prefaced all of this with "for the sake of the argument".
youtu.be/JwHcOGDHKGM
youtu.be/Jc2rkyHSHtw
Practically no difference in performance.

>pajeet is tired of coding his excuse to farm userdata
>he just wants to code everything into his browser instead
>"oi me kno i tab everything ahah"
DITCH THAT POO IN THE LOO
GET GENTOO

Attached: 1498637901403.jpg (520x245, 31K)