Hackintosh thread?

Hackintosh thread?

Just installed it after playing around with an installation I made on a separate HDD, can confidently say it's a really nice daily driver.

Attached: R1Yc8La.jpg (3480x3480, 1.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver
tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.116102/
forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1969-guide-for-enabling-vga-dp-dvi-and-hdmi-in-intel-hd3000-gpu/
tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-make-a-generic-driver-for-any-card-reader.74471/
youtube.com/watch?v=et0rMAuw5dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Abs7_jdK5fI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>bloatpad

Attached: IMG_0182.jpg (248x189, 32K)

What does this even mean

>hes never used a thinkpad

Attached: 1521738979572.png (349x415, 138K)

>less stable than windows
>no customization like linux
if you like cock - buy apple, don't install crapware on hardware that's not supported.

What's the point of a hackintosh? What do you get from installing it?

thanks, pajeet. but we prefer being rich, not using some poo in loo shitskin product. now go worship a cow

Attached: superpooper.png (1599x1066, 602K)

>less stable than windows
This is not true, in fact the opposite is true. Have you even tried a hackintosh, or are you just memeing about things you don't understand?

seconded

>>less stable than windows
You have never used a hackintosh.

a hackingtosh killed my hamster

Attached: 1508704376248.png (619x453, 46K)

imagine being so poor but fully acknowledging macos as the best os around

that's the life of a hackintosh user

>Just installed it
>can confidently say it's a really nice daily driver

reeeee

Is this male or female ass? If it's latter then - hot, otherwise - gay.

>can confidently say it's a really nice daily driver.
no bluetooth
fan control software not supported
battery thresholds not supported
no brightness controls
no volume controls
no vga port
daily kernel panics and random freezes
no trim support
no sd card reader
no fingerprint reader
no microphone mute button

but everything else just works

does updating mess something up everytime, something about remembering flags n stuff and what about support for nvidia gpu laptops?

>tfw seeing people use one of the best operating systems ever made
I'm a macfag and use it on official hardware, but macOS is perfection if you're not a freetard. Sure, you're basically locked into just one DE (yeah, I know you can run xorg on top of aqua and run other WMs, but it's really no better than doing it on Windows via cygwin. It's ugly, hackish, slow and unreliable) but you can run pretty much every Linux program you want, *and* the most popular commercial software natively. I gave up on Windows during Windows Chicago (w95 beta) and switched to Linux in mid 1994, using Linux exclusively until December 2017 when a friend gave me a macbook air. My original plan was to do what Linus used to do and run fedora on it, scrapping macOS entirely, but instead I found myself almost instantly in love with macOS after I discovered Homebrew. Now all of my servers still run Linux since there truly is no superior server OS, and my HTPC is a refurb mac mini I snagged for cheap.

If I ever start to "feel" my mba slowing down like it's having trouble handling current software and media, I'm probably going to build a hackintosh using basically the same hardware in whatever the most current Mac pro/iMac Pro (the comparable desktop hardware in the case of an iMac) for a fraction of the cost.

>Thinks splattered fecal matter is hot as long as it comes from a female asshole.
Pajeet definitely confirmed. It's poo, Rajesh. It's not supposed to be attractive regardless of the sex of the one excreting it. It goes in the loo, Samir. The loo. Now stop being a disgusting shitskin shill and gtfo, Mandeep.

Not sure. I spent a long time installing hackintosh on an MBR partitioning and then I really never had a use for it.

It's obvious, girls don't poop.

Hackintosh a Thinkpad...you idiot.

Attached: OPisafag.jpg (1024x1025, 613K)

Developing iOS apps.

are you a literal retard or just pretending to be one?

>no bluetooth
Wrong, bluetooth is working on my system right now.
>fan control software not supported
HWMonitor.kext
>battery thresholds not supported
github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver
>no brightness controls
lol what
>no volume controls
okay you're trolling, i get it
>no vga port
except the one on your motherboard
>daily kernel panics and random freezes
My only kernel panic was when I tried to run the installer without changing the CSM in the BIOS.
>no trim support
sudo trimforce enable
>no sd card reader
except the one plugged into your motherboard
>no fingerprint reader
why the fuck would I want a fingerprint reader, and even if I did, I'd just buy one from amazon and plug it in through USB and it'll work with the proper kext.
>no microphone mute button
yeah you're trolling

if you were actually serious I think you have a mental disorder you should get checked out.

OP here, you guys are getting triggered at the image when it's just some shit I found on google, god damn.

This OS has been 100% stable, with zero problems or incompatibilities, when I wrote my own config.plist from scratch instead of relying on the shitty hand holding tools that throw random kexts at the wall to see what sticks.

XCode, Final Cut, Swift programming language, Microsoft isn't holding my keystrokes hostage and is instead held by a company that's went to trial just to.stand by their privacy policy even against the fucking FBI, better security, much better font rendering, easy to remove/install software, i can go on and on.

I could easily afford a mac, but I think they're overpriced for the hardware you're getting.

I just updated to the latest beta release and it went fine, nothing broke, my system just booted up after the update like normal.

It's definitely optimized for a specific subsection of developers, I agree with that, it's not for everyone.

I don't even own a memepad

>I have nothing to say but absolutely right but these guys never know how add bootflag on clover
earn my respect

Attached: Give-that-man-a-cookie.jpg (680x471, 42K)

And to clarify before I get shit on for this statement:

>keystrokes instead being held by a different company

I don't think Apple states that they do this, but I just assume they do, as everyone should.

Yeah, you aren't worried about that on a Linux machine, but I'd rather use an OS that has the functionality of Linux plus the plethora of software ports that are available for Mac or are exclusive to mac.

are you still sitting on some outdated version of macos because you can't manage to install the latest faggot? high sierra can crash many times a day, it's not even a hackintosh problem, look it up, current version of windows is much more stable

I don't have my ThinkPad right now but I will show and help you how to install in it follow RehabMan and tonymacx86

Working on skylake with custom WiFi and Bluetooth card

Check HDMI and graphic framebuffer the root cause of kernel panic

I'm on high sierra and it hasn't ever crashed, been using it since about a week after full public release.

>Check HDMI and graphic framebuffer the root cause of kernel panic
not the problem, it's their shit code, they're trying to fix it though and may have in 10.13.4 but of course introduced other bugs, e.g. a similar bug to that one on ios notification bubbles
>much better font rendering
hello blind friend

tonymacx86 is the worst way to learn how to run a hackintosh, you don't learn shit about what's actually being done to your system and they actually install kexts in the fucking system directory as opposed to the EFI directory's Extra folder.

>Wrong, bluetooth is working on my system right now.
post screenshot

>HWMonitor.kext
I want to monitor AND control my fan you retard.

>no vga port except the one on your motherboard
which doesnt work with hackintosh

>no sd card reader except the one plugged into your motherboard
which doesnt work with hackintosh

>why the fuck would I want a fingerprint reader
ah yes, the old mactoddler excuse: you dont need it

>sudo trimforce enable
>"its a good idea to stick to popular SSD manufacturers like Intel to avoid corner cases"

>OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver
>tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-patch-dsdt-for-working-battery-status.116102/
>10 page guide
>dude it just works

>volume controls microphone controls dont work
>HAHA YOU TROLL LEL XD
I'm afraid you're the one mentally ill with too much free time on your hands and dont @ me again you fat neet.

Nice to see that "blind" was your only rebuttal to any of those. Your kernel panic screeching is just weird since I've never experienced any except for the initial installation when I didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

Actually if you read so many post it will help I don't what your experience but for me a laptop guy reading so many guides helped me and make me perfect config.plist file so that I can boot it

>Nice to see that "blind" was your only rebuttal to any of those.
look up previous threads on font rendering, we have got over it many times, there are plenty of example screenshots, it's just atrocious

>I want to monitor AND control my fan you retard.
It does both, you retard.
>(VGA) which doesnt work with hackintosh
forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1969-guide-for-enabling-vga-dp-dvi-and-hdmi-in-intel-hd3000-gpu/
>(SD Card Reader) which doesn't work with hackintosh
tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-make-a-generic-driver-for-any-card-reader.74471/
>ah yes, the old mactoddler excuse: you dont need it
youtube.com/watch?v=et0rMAuw5dQ
>10 page guide, dude it just works
...Yeah, it works if you're not a fucking moron and can understand simple concepts like DSDT patching. Would take you like an hour then you'd never have to do it again, but if that's too much for you, then forget it. How long is the arch install guide btw?

Can you shut the fuck up now? You ask for a screenshot then say "dont reply to me!!!!!", rofl

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 5.36.43 PM.png (797x383, 174K)

am i acoustic for liking that sticker on the bottom left?

I'm not talking about font rendering, I'm referring to the myriad of other advantages I listed out. You cherry picked one, that's it.

It's a pretty cool looking sticker but it breaks the first rule of fight club so I could never get one.

I just got a bcm4353 ac wifi card to have wifi on macOS on my x220. It's great!

>we prefer being rich,
This is the opposite of a hackintosh, retard.
Have fun upgrading!
The only sane reason I can see. But then again, why not go with a Mac?

I mean bcm4352.

I have an X220T, but don't really want to install Mac due to uncertainties regarding the digitizer and the other components. What do your specs look like and what performance are you getting? was wifi the only thing you had to replace? I don't give a shit about fingerprint readers or anything like that, just the essential stuff

Because they're overpriced? That's the whole point of a hackintosh.

>thread about x220 hackintosh that just works
>posts x61s videos and links to "how to make drivers"
>literally there's a faggot here forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1969-guide-for-enabling-vga-dp-dvi-and-hdmi-in-intel-hd3000-gpu/ who still cant get vga to work on a x220
>literally hundreds of faggots all over those threads saying their shit doesn't work after applying those patches
>DUDE YOUR DUMB IT JUST WORKS
it's shit, deal with it, you're better off with windowsXP

>inb4 more links from google 1st page results for "hackintosh doesn't work"

dont forget iMessage probably wont work either

What's the best laptop for hackintoshing in both looks and not having to mess with stuff / stuff not working?

Attached: hp-spectre-x360-13-inch-2017-02.jpg (830x467, 73K)

What a waste time.

Just get a macbook. You won't even have to install macOS on it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 8.49.22 PM.png (1088x108, 47K)

this is probably the most blatant stupidity i've seen on Jow Forums in a while, honestly impressive. You managed to use your own stupidity as an argument. Wow.

PS, this thread isn't about an "x220 hackintosh that just works", I think you just pulled that out of your ass because the OP's image was a laptop running a hackintosh. Nowhere in the post does it mention an x220. It's an image from google.

by the way, it's *literally* "you're".

Hackintoshing is a shitty experience and even shittier on a laptop. Nothing works and updating the OS is always a risk.

I eventually bought a real Macbook pro.

>"I couldn't figure it out so I just bought one instead"

top kek

You should too. The trackpad is simply godlike.

I did make it "work" in the end. I even tracked down a modded bios from some russian site so I could get wifi and bt without a stupid dongle. But even then it never worked properly. Battery indicator was flakey, trackpoint wouldn't work half the time, all kinds of small issues. And any OS update could just make it not boot.

In the end, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. My Thinkpad runs Linux now. There may be some point to hackintoshing a desktop computer, if you need some mac-specific software, but with a laptop you'd have to be a looney.

But it does.

I have... to say it was less stable than windows is a massive fucking understatement

Is there a modern OS which is not a "nice daily driver?"

One which has every legitimate reason to exist but is completely useless for routine computing activities?

>inb4 TempleOS

Installing that shit on to a x220 is absolutely haram, you deserve 50 lashes for your insolence.

x220 is horribly outdated, how do you use it in the current year
I've been told 2-3 hours of battery is "good" when complaining about mine. What the fuck is that shit.
Bought an X260 and never looked back.

Installed OS X on my T420 a while back. Realised that having Windows on there too removed any reason to have it, and when I used it I ended up living in XQuartz and bash.

>x220
>outdated

Attached: What.gif (500x500, 289K)

it means the stupid you macfag OS is fucking trash. are you thick?

the battery life is positively horrendous doing anything other than light web browsing
x260's base battery life with the internal 3 cell is better than my 9 cell x220 with a *new* battery

Would you guys approve of a hackintosh in production of optimized properly ?

I have a 5k iMac but I'm considering making a hackintosh. What should I expect when trying to getting it working?

Attached: __souryuu_asuka_langley_neon_genesis_evangelion_drawn_by_gedou_ge_ge_gedou__7d8b9f5fbaff84e31624f396 (1000x940, 91K)

It's still a totally worthless OS for anything but baby's first web browsing, so fuck that.

>tfw hear all this great stuff about hackintosh from Jow Forums about it having way more drives than linux
>try it out on my desktop
>no graphics or cpu drivers
>1024x800 resolution
>no wifi drivers to download patches
>went through 3 wifi usbs
>literally no support on Mavericks and up
>try on laptop with intel cpu and intel wifi
>no support for intel wifi chip
>no support for the most basic intel wifi chip that comes with almost all hp laptops

Never again.

I was thinking of learning how to optimize one for work, not my personal usage.

I need to know if any of you guys used one daily in production.

On a desktop it's even worse. 9/10 times there will be no graphics drivers, and FORGET it if you are using an AMD cpu. If you aren't using ethernet on your desktop, forget doing an hackintosh on your desktop.

nice bait cuck, i get 4 hours on an old 6 cell battery, would probably get 8 on a 9 cell

>it means the stupid you macfag OS is fucking trash. are you thick?

Attached: flat.jpg (800x522, 50K)

send pics of bob and vegena bitch

Where do technology illiterate appletoddler morons get the false impression they or their gay toddler toys will ever belong on Jow Forums?

I never had it work right. how the fuck did you get it to work? thats really cool.

>this thread isn't about an "x220 hackintosh that just works"
yes it is you dumb fuck, why do you think I've mentioned microphone mute button and fingerprint reader here
how fucking dumb you have to be to think I was trolling when I literally posted x220 specific problems in reply to your OP image which you now disregard as "not related".

you retard, you didnt install shit and you're clueless, kys.

i'm not so sure about how good hackingtosh is .. i finally got goddamn sierra running w/o patching up to latest. i picked up a 2nd 970 gtx for sli and goddammit it's fucking broken .. fuuuck. and i know it will break when i update.. so basically i gotta re-install again probably.

Fuck osx is less stable than windows. Can confirm, have used Apple products for the last 25 years and have supported them for as long. The meme that they are better is a fucking joke.

/thread

>macOS
>no customization

spotted the Windows baby duck faggot who doesn't know anything

I seriously doubt it. What kind of hardware you used? What OS X version?

Installing updates always worked in every hackintosh I built. Unless you're talking about upgrading the OS to a newer version. But then,
>if you try to install a newer OS version without formatting, and it doesn't work, that means it's unstable!
ok then lol remember that El Capitan still receives security updates

>this entire thread

youtube.com/watch?v=Abs7_jdK5fI

jesus i've never heard someone with so many problems on hackintosh
it literally took me 2 hours to get everything up and running when high sierra came out and it was my first time
it isn't rocket science guys

It is dependent person to person my experience Linux is better but not good for app development if you going to gui part , hackintosh give me Mac apps for development and for me windows is steam i have high end games which support windows else windows is dead for developer
> Install ADB drivers and fastboot drivers for particaluar device on windows is really irritates me where as Linux and hackintosh is a cake walk