I can't find ANY practical use for this

Except maybe if you're trying to blink LEDs

Can anyone enlighten me?

Attached: shit.png (254x181, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Bumblefuck
robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/chopstick-junior-10
thingiverse.com/thing:1909494
aliexpress.com/item/FC-28-Soil-Hygrometer-Humidity-Detection-Module-Moisture-Water-Sensor-for-Arduino-Free-Shipping/32435196705.html
youtube.com/watch?v=23kjd_Ijlwk
youtube.com/watch?v=wshyX6Hw52I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's great for learning.
But bad for anything else.

It's for infants that can't program.

home automation
entry level embedded programming
diy robotics
rc cars/planes/boats

machinery too
github.com/Bumblefuck

If you can't find any sort of use for it then you aren't part of the intended audience.

I was about to say I've used a couple to build some cool looking LED cubes just for decorations/displays.
But that's also just blinking LED's so yeah

Attached: shopping cart.jpg (500x555, 86K)

This

hm... have you tried blinking 2 LEDs?

It is a well known fact that Raspberry Pis are the most optimal utilities for dust collection

I'm working on making an RGB midi keyboard with it. Haven't really found any serious applications for it though. It's kinda just a fun learning tool.

Mugg heater
Fleshlight "assister"
Just be creative user

automated moonshine still
you can regulate the exact temperature, measure for pressure etc. Pretty decent project if you ask me

Attached: 89ea4c728024c6105cf54585aca0a7d38d04b16874c9a47d3386cd424bcada81.jpg (497x930, 86K)

you'll go to jail for life in the US if you get caught doing this

Are you in the competition too by any chance user?
You can't get your ideas from Jow Forums.

>grand theft arduino

Attached: stalman.jpg (900x506, 96K)

teaching control engineering

lolol nice one

They're great for quick and dirty projects and prototyping. I got into working with them a while back when I built my first 3D printer from scratch (most RepRaps are Arduino based). I've done a couple of fun things with them:

- Interface to flash firmware to devices that very don't support it.
- PIC programmer
- Keepon robot dance controller
- Crockpot to sous vide temp controller
- Relay controller
- Water automation system for small garden
- Light tracking sensor for garden location selection
- Lighting automation controller for camper
- This robot: robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/chopstick-junior-10
- RGB Light controller for Pusheen light using this model: thingiverse.com/thing:1909494
- As a slave unit to an RPi2/3 via I2C

That's your own limitations talkin', bub. Any tool is useful in the right hands.

Not op but the garden idea is not bad actually might try it out u know
Thanks user

I'm working on arduino keylogger, with Wi-Fi. I'm also working in my own version of rolljam.

Pretty much every desktop 3D-printer thas its electronics built around one.

check out Bhoreal midi controller

I'm a noob, can youexplain why a raspi can't do that better?

its overpowered and wasn't around at the time.

Well depends. Buy a Nano/Mirco knockoff board and you get some decent hardware for a good amount of money to use in home automation projects. If you don't work with Arduino like me you can just flash the ATMega using an ISP and you're good to go.

Though the Nano is better suited for most projects (you just put two female headers along with the peripherals on your PCB) mines have seen lots of use

- Automated plant watering
- Alarm clock with relays for light / radio
- Temperature control AI, it has enough power and memory for simple learning algorithms, I use Q learning with 10-minute periods
- I2C interface for matrix keypad to save pins on rpi

Of course I could have used other microcontrollers but adding just 2 headers on a PCB and getting power regulators, interfaces and USB for $3 is just too comfy

This.
Also a teensy LC if you want to build USB peripherials

My pleasure! In that project I also used a handful of these: aliexpress.com/item/FC-28-Soil-Hygrometer-Humidity-Detection-Module-Moisture-Water-Sensor-for-Arduino-Free-Shipping/32435196705.html

Which were pretty fun to work with.

Have fun!

Attached: testing.jpg (960x718, 75K)

turning off and on shit
pretty much home automation

I use both! My printer is built around the arduino, and then I've got Octoprint running on an Rpi2 to do fun things like timelapse and print control

Well, all your typical gadget needs are already better taken care of via commercial products.

>be marketer
>product is autismo gear
>"I know the perfect place"
>create daily threads on Jow Forums
>no one cares because the regular posters have it already
>lightbulb.gif
>create daily threads with an OP that claims there's no use for the autismo gear
>unlimited autists run in to prove you wrong
>unlimited autists independently post your marketing points for you
>if you're lucky, they're AMD fans as well and will invent even better marketing points for you
This is nu4chan.

Attached: 4-c-h-a-n-.-o-r-g.jpg (728x546, 50K)

>be a tripfag
>come up with some retarded grasping at straws conspiracy theory
>fail to realize that the average Jow Forumsposter really is so uncreative that they can’t come up with arduino uses
>suck 37 dicks in a row

>be aforementioned AMD autist

People talking about uses for technology on a board dedicated to discussing technology. Fuck em, right? Fucking shills.

Just wait till this guy sees google. You type in the word arduino and it's fucking everywhere

Calm down, son. I just made a speculation based on observation. Ya'll can talk SBCs all day if you like; I too have one. I just found it interesting that the threads are commonly formatted like this yet with clear product images rather than some meme or female that one would expect from the mouthbreather that the reader envisions from the OP.

fuck off to tripfag retard
not even worth the (You)s

I just bought one
afaik it's great for babby's first electronics project (what I need). I'm using mine to make an alarm clock.
doing something serious with it seems a bit heavy handed and silly, it's just fun user

Ah, no worries - I get it. My gut said troll too when I first read it, but I figured I'd humor the question since I've got a lot of gear that I spend more time thinking about how to use than actually using.

Attached: 1493937265633.jpg (1024x518, 83K)

Attached: adafghsdhg.jpg (400x400, 24K)

You can use it to interface with electronics. Take this cheap eeg toy, solder some wires to a header inside and you can read your brainwaves on a computer, or if you want control some leds with your mind.

You can build simple robots, toys, thermostats. Google best arduino projects.

I've used this as closed loop AC motor control.
I know, that I can do the same thing with logic chips, but I needed to control RPMs via UART.

Yeah, anything with an analog out can be great fun

ground the reset pin and use it as a USB to serial converter (5 volts) to connect to on-board serial ports via putty or something similar so you can unbrick them or install custom firmware. unbricked a synology nas this way.

youtube.com/watch?v=23kjd_Ijlwk

>doesn't know if you produce it for yourself in small quantities in the right region (Appalachia), no one gives a damn

t. Appalachian

I've seen one used to test $8k medical devices by connecting GPIO pins to keypad and LED header inside the device.

>suck 37 dicks
I know what movie you really like...

youtube.com/watch?v=wshyX6Hw52I
You have seen the arduino that goes Ping?

I fucking wrote software for it