Windows appreciation thread

Windows appreciation thread.

Let's all be thankful for an OS on which Everything Works.

Attached: serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sketchappsources.com%2Fresources%2Fsource-image%2Fwindows-logo-ales (800x600, 4K)

I too appreciate Windows 7.

I just installed LTSB and i love it, i think its the best one, unless u wanna play shit like GOW4 than you need Pro

Attached: 1481102562872.jpg (697x523, 35K)

The Windows desktop is great.

Attached: iheqh.png (1280x800, 661K)

gfy

Hail the King

Attached: StatCounter-os_combined-ww-monthly-200901-201802.png (1280x720, 124K)

MFW YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP

ANY YEAR NOW ITS COMING

Attached: 1506107793273.gif (330x670, 1.02M)

>Upset over how Linux DE projects try to clone the Windows DE

Recreate startmenu index.
That's what you get for messing with the registry when you don't know what you're doing faggot

>everything works
Then explain why suddenly the option of rotating my surface pro was gone after booting up some day, rebooting didn't help. The only thing that helped was adding a key in the registry. Windows is a joke that can't even run decent on hardware that was specifically designed for it.

How did you extract that from three letters?

It's always the retards who manage to fuck things up and them blame someone else

Why the winsxs folder keeps getting bigger every time i use it

Imagine an OS that keeps occupying the hdd just by using it

Why windows look like an OS made by amateurs

Tfw me and my family moved to linux from windows since win10 didn't work at all.

Attached: smh 1.png (671x1047, 343K)

'Unknown' had a banner fucking year in 2016.

>God fuckin' why
>Getting upset over how someone else's screen looks like
Pure autism detected

Don't worry, there is a misunderstanding. GFY = go fuck yourself. He's just butthurt.

I actually don't give a shit. The gfy was a reference to what he has playing on his desktop and about the note.

>"People" who say "how it looks like" instead of "how it looks" or "what it looks like"

Attached: image_5.jpg (703x911, 158K)

winsxs is your Windows native assembly cache. As you install and use a wider variety of applications it will increase in size.

>getting your panties tied in knots because it's not a Linux appreciation thread

Attached: 1504415583007.jpg (350x335, 27K)

Haven't had disruptive bugs in W10 for a long time. It's really getting more stable, sadly the damage is done and it will have a bad reputation forever.

Just 3 days ago I came to work and my stationary W10 PC launched without an internet connection. IT department was at a loss. It magically started working again the next day.

It's true though, Maddox is a cuck.

your comment makes no sense bud, you can launch a PC without an internet connection.
>IT department was at a loss. It magically started working again the next day.
you never even said what wasn't working. sounds made up

>A millionth remark about a windows update causing some inconvenience "sounds made up"
What did he mean by this?

Been using Windows since 2000 when I got a PC as a Christmas gift. I've updated to the latest version every time since Vista. No regrets.

Same, except that I used Windows since 3.1. The overall stability, the high number of freely available programs that are actually easy to use & the fact that MS pretty much set the de facto standard when it comes to consumer computer use. And it's only been a recent thing that Linux went in a similar direction & thankfully, now that Steam's on Linux, gamers on both platforms can enjoy something that Windows users have for so long.

Windows 10 is ugly

Using this OS is suffering

>He thinks Windows 10 is nothing but Metro apps
>Uses Ubuntu with its disgusting Metro clone called Unity

Attached: Rubber Ducky.png (500x358, 179K)

Windows 10 was garbage in the beginning. It's gotten a lot better. It used to fuck around and try to update shit right when I got on it. Killing download speeds and such. I say this as a laptop user. My main PC is Win7 but it at least downloads and updates shit basically when it knows I'm not going to fucking use it for a while. Pathetic it took them THIS long to pan it all out to be user friendly.

>unity
>metro clone
>implying ubuntu even uses unity anymore
arguably, ubuntu does now use gnome3, which is even worse
thankfully ubuntu and gnome3 aren't the only other options

yeah i know it was more of a nod to dick

troll harder

Yep.

Same for Windows. They make 3rd party desktops, some proprietary & some free. All you have to do is know how to change the UI from explorer.exe to something else in your registry.

>proper spelling and grammar is a Linux thing

Attached: 1522031444889.jpg (588x823, 109K)

>Still being upset over an old joke nobody cares about
Nigga pls

We's tryna has some meaningul convo here

I thought it was Good For You???

Google Follows You

it just werks ©

oh look it's the "i fucked up my search index" autist

Windows is fuckin gay hahahaha

update was never mentioned, no issue was mentioned at all

>Windows 10
>Just works
Pick one

tell us your tale my friend, your tale of not being able to use windows, an OS made for literal retards.

How does one fix the search index?

>Fresh install on my Sandy bridge PC, SSD too
>1st boot, trying to go to windows update
>control panel takes 25 seconds to load
>freezes
>open explorer
>freezes
>finally manage to get updates going
>come back an hour later, boot looping and blue screening
>go into windows troubleshooting via USB
>finally get back to desktop
>working ok, but slow
>Start menu can't find anything
>Two control panels
>Blue screens
That was about a year ago. I reinstalled windows 7 straight away and never looked back.

sandy bridge might not actually be supported. I remember Intel saying certain models with the integrated GPU didn't work.

>GOW4
Nothing of value was lost.

Torch doesn't work on windows. Checkmate wintards.

It's funny because everyone knows that windows 10 simply does not work at all for anybody, expert or noob alike. That's why it has abysmal market share despite the virus-tier forced-update shit.

Hey I can do this too!
>Desktop with Win 7 gets stolen by some nigger a while back
>Get loaned some Compaq from 2007 with a piece of shit Pentium and buy an SSD to go with it because fuck laptop hard drives
>download Windows 10 enterprise because muh Jow Forums memes
>install on hard drive
>just werks
>igpu is technically not supported but the os works fine and since it's a 2007 laptop pentium you can't even run any games besides 90s shit and roms so whatever
>use that while saving up for a decent cheap desktop
>buy desktop with skylake i3
>build it
>take the ssd from the laptop and hook it up to the motherboard
>turn the computer on
>everything just werks

Poo in loo pajeet.