Is it normal to forget syntax and how to program after a break? Or I am brain damaged?

Is it normal to forget syntax and how to program after a break? Or I am brain damaged?

Attached: Programming-Languages-1.jpg (949x652, 197K)

everyone forgets languages they don't speak

/break

Especially, if they have retarded syntax, like french or Perl.

/thread

>Especially, if they have retarded syntax, like french or Perl.

Attached: laugh-milk.gif (285x235, 739K)

I always forget the syntax for things, even if its really simple if I hadn't programmed in a specific language for a while. The concepts and stuff like that, usually not

It's a story based on actual events, though.

I'm always looking up basic shit like how to declare an array. I think knowing I can easily look up syntax prevents me from ever remembering it.

>like french or Perl
Parisian french is perl with strict. Canadian french omits strict

>Parisian french is perl with strict.
As someone who was in Paris once I doubt it.

>/break
is this a new Jow Forums meme?

No I just misspelled /bread

/return 0

Yeah me too and it gets worse when using languages with similar syntax.
I was using gedit long time ago to write some Java and when it got about +90 lines I decided to compile and got shit loads of errors complaining about var.

Normally my python code is littered with semicolons. Python doesn't complain about them so I often forget it's not required.

that means you didn't even learned to code, once you learn its correctly and fluent you maybe lost speed but you do not forget a programming language.

>I'm always looking up basic shit like how to declare an array
you really really sucks as programmer, its ok to forget large API names, but you never forget the basic syntax of the language.

>retarded syntax
python has the most retarded syntax

>you really really sucks as programmer,
Thanks pajeet, I'll keep that in mind.

Kek

>I'll keep that in mind.
ayylmao. You can't even remember basic data structures you can't keep a shit in mind bro so you are the only pajeet in here.

I will never forget French syntax. And Perl has no syntax, you can't forget a non existing thing.

It's always better to be a slow coder that gets clean, working code after looking stuff up than a pajeet who can knock out a google clone in 3 hours but is ass spaghetti code

TOP KEK!!!

no this is

I'm not the only one who does this

Attached: 1431293240685.jpg (500x375, 29K)