NETBSD

So somebody posted this on my last thread. How is it? Currently runing Illuminos and not willing to be a memed RMS cuck.

Attached: 1522414520235.png (1400x1050, 208K)

Good God wtf DE & WM are you using?

Im not runing it. Somebody posted this and looks comfy AF. I want to know how it runs.

Attached: 1521742690424.png (841x724, 520K)

It's called CDE. I'm running it on an older laptop with linux, p comfy.

>not willing to be a memed RMS cuck
>Currently runing Illuminos

Spotted the underage.

greentexting fag

How did you make the fake specs for the screen fetch? I'm super interested in doing that.

Attached: image.jpg (800x750, 299K)

>RMS cuck
As if someone this stupid could even computer.

Attached: 1519932692302.jpg (800x500, 46K)

>$ ./fetch.sh

Its pretty much a meme. They have a working risc-v port before aarch64 wtf

>So somebody posted this on my last thread.
That was me.
>How is it?
Pretty good.
>Currently runing Illuminos
Mediocre OS.
>and not willing to be a memed RMS cuck.
Stop being retarded.

It's CDE, the Common Desktop Environment. It was basically the official UNIX desktop for quite a few years, most notably stuff like HP-UX, Solaris, and AIX.

>I want to know how it runs
Pretty well. I uses little more than 100MB of RAM with the stock apps and desktop running, which is nothing these days.

Literally a simple shell script. You use open a text editor and make your own text art or past some in, then you use printf and new line for every line of text. Example:
>printf " line of text for output here \n"

Because RISC-V is the future.

Attached: 2018-03-30-162520_1400x1050_scrot.png (1400x1050, 383K)

bump

>Because RISC-V is the future

If hardware is ever released, yeah. And no, that one singular devboard is not enough. Particularly for the crazy high price they want.

I guess it's more exciting

NetBSD is better than FreeBSD in every regard

99% of people on Jow Forums get memed into anything with GNU.
Im just using Illuminos to browse.
nice quads

printf "wm: dumbwm\nde: somede" > fake; clear; cat fake

>If hardware is ever released
It's a free as in freedom and free as in free beer ISA. Hardware will be released that uses it. We might be stuck with Raspberry Pi tier boards that cost $200 but I would find even that to be acceptable for general computing.

>that one singular devboard is not enough
I agree.

>99% of people on Jow Forums get memed into anything with GNU
You should judge software by overall code quality/completeness and ease of use, not purely on the licensing. I use BSD, MIT, GNU and other software if it fits my needs as the end user. And since it's all open source, I'll redistribute my changes non-commercially if I think they're significant enough, licensing be damned.

Jow Forums is also a bunch of gamer idiots that don't know how to compile software. What's that, a text installer? Oh no, that's scary! What do you mean I can edit files with a small and simple CLI editor like nano? No way, that's too hard! This is neo Jow Forums.

Someone needs to photoshop the Jow Forums logo over the Apple mutt commercial and add "what's a directory?" underneath it.

you should judge software by how cool it is
GNU shit is just too mainstream now

>GNU shit is just too mainstream now
GNUSTEP/WindowMaker would like a word with you.

Attached: g.png (1280x717, 1009K)

It's as good as broken on the desktop. Their release team is garbage as well.

>It's as good as broken on the desktop
Works just fine for me. Why are you afraid of compiling what you need?

>Because RISC-V is the future.
Oh it's you, I see you saying that dumb shit all the time.
Keep dreaming. Remember this post after years while nothing about it has happened when you cry yourself to sleep.

nufags must die

Shitty driver support.

>check out my absolutely massive e-penis
If I wanted to make you feel like a micro dicked faggot I'd get in here and post *fetches and desktops of the dozen _REAL_ UNIX machines I have.

It would merely exemplify the nano-scale of your own genitals.

x86 ancient CISC trash is already being replaced by ARM in mobile stuff and is even leaking into laptops. Where is your God now, Tel Aviv shill?

I also have a bunch of SGI MIPS and Sun SPARC shitboxes. In good condition they're like $300 a piece on ebay, you dumb nigger. Who cares?

Attached: current-color-scheme.png (343x409, 7K)

all those arm devices are locked-down trash though

Which is exactly why we'll have a growing demand for more open RISC-V devices.

>I also have a bunch of SGI MIPS and Sun SPARC shitboxes. In good condition they're like $300 a piece on ebay, you dumb nigger. Who cares?
Your sole reason to post here is "trying" so hard to show off? Literary who cares, you don't have to try to push it so hard.

>RISC-V shill
>attention whore
>doing everything wrong for the right reasons
How?

>x86 ancient CISC trash
Who cares about x86. Just because you're a shill for RISC-V, does not mean everybody who actually has a brain and dares to comment about it is automatically a x86 shill. Get a grip faggot.

>Your sole reason to post here is "trying" so hard to show off? Literary who cares, you don't have to try to push it so hard.
The virgin response.

t. NetBSD using Chad who gets delicious sandwiches from your mom

Hence I don't, because I don't have nanoscale genitalia and don't need to attention whore to feel good. Unlike some person here.

>t. butthurt x86 shill

>automatically goes over to "no you" response like a projecting kid who gets bullied
>"you're a shill"
>"ugh ohh, no you are"
I'm out, enjoy your faggot festival of a thread.

Attached: yous.webm (1280x550, 1015K)

>Unlike some person here
Say my name, bitch boy.

Attached: 81a355e2dc1be18d177edbae61a6f263.jpg (544x400, 31K)

>I'm out
You're still reading this.

Please post wallpaper desu

>I also have a bunch of SGI MIPS and Sun SPARC shitboxes. In good condition they're like $300 a piece on ebay

My man! I've got a bunch of RISC machines as well. $300 on eBay may be selling the SGIs short though. A Tezro or Fuel can go upwards of $1000 (though I think with the Fuel that's just because one with a working PSU is rare).

Crop it if you want to.

>A Tezro or Fuel can go upwards of $1000
That's reasonable considering a lot of those high end SGI workstations cost upwards of $100k when they were new.

Attached: 600170ea69253e9e39ab7a22489d8b31.jpg (3200x2000, 247K)

arigatou gozaimasu

I'm masturbating to that webm.

Bump

>printf
That's fine, but echo works too.