Would it be a mistake to buy a phone made in 2017?

Would it be a mistake to buy a phone made in 2017?
No, I'm not one of those white girls with rich daddies, I'm just concerned about the availability of services. I am worried that it will be outdated in 3 years (which i intend to keep using the phone for longer) and I'll have to buy a new one. I don't want that.
I am thinking of buying Xiaomi Mi Max 2
>inb4 haha chink phone
It's a good phone though.
Thoughts?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-09-08-39-28.png (540x960, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.lineageos.org/devices/i9100
wiki.lineageos.org/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>chinkshit

Enjoy your backdoors

>6.44"

Attached: Jesus fucking Christ m8 wtf.gif (320x240, 2.64M)

>Xiaomi for more than 150$
meme kicked in too hard

Please elaborate

Why? It fits in a pocket.

It has very good specs, most of them are even better than popular brands like Samsung, HTC, Apple and even Huawei.
Also I'm not thinking of getting it for more than $300. I'll research before buying.

>fits in a pocket
But, wouldn't it be uncomfortable to hold? Unless pic related

Attached: big blyat.jpg (853x960, 106K)

I'm pretty sure oreo runs on a fucking galaxy s2

enough said

i have a xiaomi mi mix 2, given to me by a friend

personally I like it a lot, ive had no problems with it, I don't use xiaomi's software or their launcher.

something very annoying though is the front facing camera, its on the chin of the phone and will always give you a shitty angle. unless you turn it upside down. this isnt the case for the mi mix one or mi mix 2 s or whatever.

overall though id recommend it.

i have very small hands and its still comfortable to hold imo. although I prefer larger phones so it may be a matter of preference.

No, Mr. Reddit, it doesn't. I use a galaxy s4 mini and I'm stuck in 4.4

Dont buy their botnet, buy ours

The Mi Max 3 is rumored to have a 7" screen (in 18:9 aspect ratio though, so the body size won't probably be much different from the Max 2)

Get a Mi A1 it's stock Android and lots of roms are being released so do that so no jewgle backdoor

Get something with a removable battery and lots of community support so you can flash a custom ROM when the OEM decides to drop support for it. iPhones do get several years of updates.
Either that, or buy a new Nokia 8810. It's gonna be outdates since release, but it has GPS and a camera.

uh. custom roms?

I'm using this, very nice phone fits my pocket perfectly.

>don't listen the apple fags
>btw you can install LineageOS

The 2S is actually barely more than a refresh of the 2, the design is almost exactly the same (safe for the back camera).
Also the original Mix also had the front cam on the chin.
Have you found a way to use the "Dual Apps" feature without the stock launcher? That's the only reason I still use it.

What does a removable battery have to do with this?

You can always install Lineage.

They're just trying to make up something that doesn't exist.

You'd be fine with a mi max 2 op since it has SD660, which is very close to SD835 in app speed (slower GPU is the main thing). There's always something newer.

Your post sounds like you're making shit up. All xiaomi mix phones have camera on the bottom right. They're phones fit for people that don't care about front camera because weakening the front camera lets them improve the design elsewhere.

How do you install LineageOS and how does that protect you from the backdoors?

t. techlet

wiki.lineageos.org/devices/i9100
My dude.

Find your device here: wiki.lineageos.org/index.html
Follow instructions to install TWRP and lineage. Don’t install Gapps and get f-droid instead if you want the google-free experience.

if you can't install a custom rom you probably can't manage it once its installed either

Thanks anons, you just opened a whole new Universe for me.

You're right I probably couldn't. I need to start learning from somewhere.

start with unlocking the bootloader
then look into installing a custom recovery
then installing a custom ROM (i use lineage)

can install it without first doing those prerequisites

*can't

Do you mind briefly explaining what exactly you get from lineageOS (or any) other than being google - free? Can you still text via SMS, download (most of) the apps that are available in Google play? I'd assume lineage has its own app store thing but idk how extended it is.

If I remember correctly Pixel 2 has 3 years of promised updates

>I am worried that it will be outdated in 3 years
That's why you research if the model you're interested in is developer friendly (has good custom ROM support). To expand on :
You can uninstall system apps, use firewalls, ad blockers, DNS manager apps and other root dependant apps. By doing this, the UI of your phone becomes similar to the UI on Google Pixel devices. If you decide not to flash gapps, you won't have play store functionality, but alternatives exist. Functionality you might lose is the stock camera's functionality, although there are models which have stock camera ports for custom ROMs. If that's not possible, third-party camera apps are available and tweaking settings isn't a challenge.

Thanks user. It looks like I'll have to learn a lot of stuff before I attempt any of this.

Go for it. I just bought an lg v20 2 days ago.