What web broswer should I use if I care about privacy?

What web broswer should I use if I care about privacy?

Attached: eff.png (375x135, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qMALm1VthGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

None

GNU Icecat

wget

gnunet

a vm

wget

You would not use the internet if you cared about your privacy

fpbp

Links

waterfox

The only ones that are truly safe are small browsers made from the ground up like Netsurf, quteBrowser and Midori. Anything that borrows Chrome or Firefox code at all is compromised.

If you compile firefox yourself how would it be compromised?

It reports back to home. Open source telemetry is still telemetry.

But it can be removed/disabled

Waterfox or icecat.

This.
Or you could install Waterfox and skip that.

Waterfox is just Firefox. They barely remove anything but a few theme files.

I'm just saying it's possible. Plus the performance boost is worth it.

qutebrowser uses qtwebengine which uses chromium

fug :DD

If you care about privacy you should throw your computer in the trash right now and go live innawoods.

That's right, just bend over for big brother and ad trackers and hackers. Don't put up a fight.

Prove it, dumbass.
Yeah, but Waterfox still has XUL.

Attached: waterfox-features.png (387x263, 45K)

Nothing for them to track if you don't have a computer, dipshit.

this is dumb and wrong
this sort of pervasive cynicism is why modernity sucks
take your beautiful soul talk and eat it
we are enmeshed in this madness
there is no getting outside or away from it
yet there are tangible meaningful things we can do from where we are

icecat on a freedom respecting os is the real answer
then block everything

All my addons work. Therefore firefox is the easy winner.

That's right don't use the most powerful tool for acquiring and spreading knowledge. Don't put up a fight.

Using icecat here

Is telemetry/profiling/data collection disabled by default in TBB or do you have to check/uncheck boxes manually? I would assume setting the security slider to high would disable anything like that.

It should be completely removed. Tor itself does have some vulnerabilities, however.

Such as?

You see, this might sound retarded, but on one hand, you have the knowledge of the world, on the other, you have people not knowing where you are and what you're doing.

I'd give my right eye for the knowledge of the world and I bet that if you printed wikipedia out and traveled 100 years back, you'd be considered a god.

odin gave one eye for knowledge

Ayyyyyyyy

By monitoring certain exit nodes an enemy can trace your location. It's not perfect but if you're up to something that the FBI would like to speak to you about they will probably find you.

Any browser which supports uBlock and uMatrix

Yes, you can block a lot of garbage with a bulky hosts file, but unfortunately you can't do everything with something as simple as that, which is why I don't really use qutebrowser or surf, because they make me feel wide upon by comparison to FF or even Chrome with uBlock/uMatrix.

I know that feel

Attached: FF.png (589x711, 50K)

Didn't the devs patch that vulnerability? It was displayed by MIT but then fixed shortly afterwards iirc

I'm not sure. IIRC it was a weakness in the design rather than a software issue.

you can do literally all this shit in regular ff with a few minutes, why would i use waterfox when it runs worse than quantum

Because the botnet has been removed, not disabled, it supports XUL add-ons and will support WebExtensions soon, and Quantum a shit.

>Because the botnet has been removed, not disabled
functionally it is the same, why would i care

>it supports XUL add-ons and will support WebExtensions soon
the only legacy add-ons i miss are the old vim ones, maybe. none of the new ones are any good. other than that most of the relevant add-ons have received webextesnions or spiritual successors
>and Quantum a shit.
still runs better than WaterFox

>functionally it is the same, why would i care
Less bloat.

>the only legacy add-ons i miss are the old vim ones, maybe.
So if they were useful to you and irreplaceable, why wouldn't you choose the browser that supports them?

>still runs better than WaterFox
Not in my experience.

microsoft edge

I use Safari because nothing beats its user experience on macOS.

Lynx.

Generally anything without a javascript engine.

youre having a piss

Waterfox, Chromium or Vivaldi.

As if you fags use your computers for anything besides anime and shitposting.

Worth mentioning: qtwebengine uses code from chromium but binary files and services that talk to google platforms have been removed

TorBrowser has a lot of security and anti-fingerprinting features (HTML5 Canvas warning, JavaScript API does not return monitor resolution and timezone, DOM Storage is disabled, WebRTC is disabled, etc.)

You can use it with Tor disabled if you don't care about your IP address.

Waterfox or Brave.

TorBrowser.

qutebrowser can use either QtWebEngine (which has Google-related stuff stripped out, and doesn't phone home) or QtWebKit (which is based on WebKit instead).

>throw your computer in the trash right now and go live innawoods.
You simply can't. Someone tried, "they" came for him. His name was Theodore John Kaczynski, he was an academia genius. They got him because he tried to escape "their system". They will get you too if you try.

there was a reason they came for him buddy

Is the EFF the most based organization in the world?

>2018
>unironically using web browsers

>2018
>shitposting in Jow Forums

Curl

yes, along with the fsf
rip john perry barlow ;_;

Attached: gdyui282.jpg (768x584, 233K)

I would trust Mozilla Foundation more than whoever is building the binaries/installers of Watermemefox, thanks.

>Mozilla Foundation
>non-profit organization
>Revenue $421.3 million
youtu.be/qMALm1VthGY

I used to but now prefer to have a GNU/buffer between myself and Mozilla.
Icecat master race.

>a non-profit cant have revenue
????? lmao??????

F
>open sores
>b-but i don't trust him

Do you know if this is true or just an outdated shill as stated by . I'm pretty sure it's impossible to "monitor" a node unless you own it an Tor devs have been highly suspicious of all new node since 2014.

And then he quotes a YouTube video with 1 min of sponsors. Ohhh the irony...