Have you ever gotten hacked, Jow Forums? I swear I've caught some virus on my win10

Have you ever gotten hacked, Jow Forums? I swear I've caught some virus on my win10

Attached: capture.jpg (87x125, 10K)

>win10
here is your problem

When I was younger I installed counter strike online 2 on my pc. It was all in chinese and I kept pressing next. I managed to install and play the game but at a cost: Ever now and then chinese pop-up ads would randomly open. Sometimes some new software would ins on its own. One day I powered my pc on and had baidu antivirus freshly installed.
>mfw searched on google for the virus but since it was an obscure chink virus I was totally fucked with 0 help

This is a really common virus, it lives inside System32. What you do is delete C:\Windows\System32 and then reboot your PC. Windows 10 will recreate System32 on boot and the virus will be gone.

CAN CONFIRM

MOST PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED BY TURNING IT OFF AND TURNING IT ON AGAIN

IF THAT DOESN'T SOLVE IT THEN JUST DO A QUICK DELETE OF SYSTEM32

BACK UP AND RUNNING IN NO TIME

Can confirm this works.

>not nuking your hard drive as soon you notice something weird

i bet you have at least 5 viruses and 2 coin miners on your pc already

Are you still fucked if you delete System32 but don't reboot your PC?

I remember my Starcraft Broodwar account got hacked back in 2007, but other than that no.

Once. At least I think I was
>browsing away happily
>suddenly mouse cursor moves by itself to URL bar
>begins typing www.paypa-
>dive for the power cord and yank it out
>wipe everything and reinstall

honestly you aren't even fucked
just boot into the windows install cd and do sfc \scannow or whatever it is

This. Any time I even think I might have a virus it's time to wipe and reinstall windows

This board is populated by 13 year olds.

just install gentoo and never worry about being hacked or getting a virus again

The camera moves by itself sometimes while playing TF2.

My server was once rooted via an exploit in exim4
Nuked and reinstalled of course, but sometimes it worries me what would've happened if the exploit was done properly. My email stopped working and that's how I found out, what if it had continued to work?

>implying the virus isn't in the hdd firmware and will just insert itself into every new install

>every time I even think I might have a virus I drop my hdd in thermite and buy a new one

someone logged into my computer through windows 7 rdp once

it was enabled and on default port so it's hardly surprising that someone tried to log on, but i don't use that username or password for anything except that computer

Not since 2012, get with the times grandpa

win10 is the virus

>IMPLYING CIA DOESN'T INTERCEPT IN TRANSIT FLASH INTO FIRMWARE THEN SHRINK WRAP IT UP AGAIN

>I personally manufacture my own harddrives because I'm schizophrenic and afraid of the CIA

Too bad you can't delete that folder very easy even with third party's apps

And you dumb cunts probably think people have when they counter troll you

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON CATTLE OF THE MELANOID VARIETY

>depends on if they glow in the dark

>virus
>windows 10
linux shills please leave

About 2 years ago, some hacker from china (least the IP came from there) tried to get access to my server. They failed. Since then no more attempts and I check the logs once a week just as routine measure. Thing is even if they manged to get in, they couldn't do anything (admin account is totally random,local users don't got remote access rights, and the single remote access account is really limited. Highly personal stuff is restricted/off limits to "guests/remote user" )