/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. gaming, video rditing, VM work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600/K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>NO R3 1200/1300X or R5 1400/1500X. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY THE R3 2200G AND R5 2400G
>R3 2200G - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM) or for gaming WITHOUT a graphics card
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / i7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000+ MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Crypto-currency miners have driven GPU prices up or depleted stock
1080p
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050 Ti- 140 USD; 1060 3GB- $200; 1060 6GB- $230; RX 570 4GB- $170; RX 580 4GB- $200
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080 Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p
>GTX 1080 Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider M.2 form factor

Previous:

Attached: 1cb91c5d-b0e0-44c7-bc6b-f9198f71c725.jpg (600x480, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/TJRq4q
pcpartpicker.com/product/qGqbt6/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gvgb
pcpartpicker.com/product/Nbbp99/acer-monitor-umvh6aa003
pcpartpicker.com/list/KsByXP
microdream.co.uk/ecs-945p-m3-rev-3-0-motherboard-15-k76-013000.html
chillblast.com/chillblast-fusion-gtx-1050-custom-gaming-pc-green-1.html?category_id=412
pcpartpicker.com/list/
pcpartpicker.com/list/cKLbXP
pcpartpicker.com/list/MgyLJ8
pcpartpicker.com/product/H6L7YJ/phanteks-eclipse-p400-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec416ptg_br
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/jn76sZ
youtube.com/watch?v=B-qZKEP7nO4&list=PL_sfYUCEg8Ogd3fIuGmOxGaIIWg0kEjVV
youtube.com/watch?v=uqBCmwwOxmM
uk.pcpartpicker.com/guide/mdWG3C/entry-level-amd-gaming-build
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/sGCMZR
nowinstock.net/uk/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1050ti/
pcpartpicker.com/list/N8Dmq4
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-3GB-vs-AMD-RX-580/3646vs3923
uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/p8tCmG/hitachi-internal-hard-drive-hua723020ala640
uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/9V2rxr/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-4gb-windforce-oc-video-card-gv-n105twf2oc-4gd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

r8 plz
pcpartpicker.com/list/TJRq4q

fuck my life

Attached: 83e11fd48e94b88c4532f3b25c2ce29b06b6fb7d57e37e4fc3b8591f9c95445e.gif (633x758, 166K)

OP bumping
Looks nice imo

Pretty good, if you don't have a HDD get one or a bigger SSD. Look for a double fan 1060 and swap the SSD for a SU800 512GB or a MX300 525GB and the kit and monitor for these
pcpartpicker.com/product/qGqbt6/gskill-memory-f43200c16d16gvgb
pcpartpicker.com/product/Nbbp99/acer-monitor-umvh6aa003
I'd get this, you could fit the Aorus three fan model in that case
pcpartpicker.com/list/KsByXP

I don't know where to ask so I'll just ask here.
So I have an old pc from like 2006/2007
with like 2 gb of ddr2 ram,radeon x1300/x1550 series. mobo socket is lga 775.
I want this with slightly better stuff.
I already looked up on the Internet
>cpu intel 2 quad q6600/q9500
>hopefully 8gb/6gb
>radeon 6950/gt 1030/gt 710/hd 5870

any advice?
should I just give up on this pc?
can I overclock with this mobo? microdream.co.uk/ecs-945p-m3-rev-3-0-motherboard-15-k76-013000.html

Attached: 1473559125853.gif (165x115, 9K)

General advice for mini-itx builds?

Managed to find a deal on a Gigabyte 1060 6GB Windforce for £280.

Found a review saying the price at review was £245 (forgot to check date but it can't be recent) so I'm realistically only going to be paying £35 extra.

Worth taking the plunge now or just sit and wait and see if the prices lower any more? Got a 7950 just now but it's 6 years old, not sure how long it will be able to keep going for.

Also found a G1 for only £10 extra but from what I can tell it's a negligible cooling boost.

Is there any point building your own pc with graphics cards the prices they are? I've heard it's cheaper to just buy from a store now?

What do you guys think of this one: chillblast.com/chillblast-fusion-gtx-1050-custom-gaming-pc-green-1.html?category_id=412

i know its got meme colours but overall

That one in particular is terrible, you can still make something better for the same price.

I need some help. A cousin of mine asked me to put together a pc for her. She normally buys apple however she also enjoys gaming and as a result wants to get a nice desktop with a focus on graphic design/casual gaming(60hz). I'm having trouble picking a good build only because the price of the monitor is factored into her budget and I'm not sure what resolution to land her at. Higher is better for graphic design but that also increases gpu prices which are absurd. $2000 USD budget though so theres lots of wiggle room. I really wanted to dress it up with some extras but the budget is pretty tight and I dont like it atm. Suggestions? The monitor isnt on the list but should be. pcpartpicker.com/list/

Attached: 1519713712109.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

thanks, i might just try and customise one and use a build off pcpartpicker as can't really be arsed to do myself again

>pcpartpicker.com/list/

Attached: 1521046344013.png (621x702, 56K)

Yeah fuck me
pcpartpicker.com/list/cKLbXP

Attached: 1520114897776.png (572x504, 274K)

hey, you helped me in the other thread

pcpartpicker.com/list/MgyLJ8
how about this?

I think you should go with 1440p
Or just go 4K anyway and just play at lower resolutions or with lower settings.

any last opinions before i pull the trigger?

i have only a few questions left
>should I replace the barracuda with a more reliable drive?
>adata vs samsung?

Attached: gunshot.png (726x673, 54K)

>any last opinions before i pull the trigger?
terrible for the money and for current monopolies

please actually input some information not just nonsensical opinions. i don't care about brands, i want the best options for the pricepoint for gaming with background applications. i do appreciate any actual input and suggestions, as i'm planning on having the build for as long as possible.

Hyper 212 evo is always a solid cpu option.

Never had a Problem with barracuda but I wouldn't worry too much. It's the cheapest thing to replace.

MSI Z370‑A Pro is another motherboard option

I dont know much about ADATA so I couldn't say but I'd consider getting samsung or crucial as an alternative.

Would consider a mid tower case

would consider a fully modular smaller PSU

would consider adding braided cables

Nice, I'd get the H7 for $10 more, the Focus Plus Gold 750W is cheaper and this case has tempered glass but the Focus G might have more airflow
pcpartpicker.com/product/H6L7YJ/phanteks-eclipse-p400-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec416ptg_br

not him, but what do you do? Do you really need an I7 (unlocked, also), along with a 1080 and an RGB case? are you going to overclock? what are your reasons for overclocking?

I know this has been asked a ton earlier, but will the recent bitcoin drop make GPU prices go down?

We don't know, bitcoin might rise again by the end of the year. the only thing we can hope is that privates and companies would stop trying to hop on the bitcoin train by funnelling millions into the market. We don't know when that will happen though.

i've heard the 212 is a little light for the 8700k in case i want to OC later on, any input on that?

what do you like about mid towers? this tempered glass enthoo pro has great temp reviews and i think i might like the extra room to work with, having not built in a long time. i have the spare room on my desk.

for what reason do you mention a smaller psu and do you have any specific suggestions?

gaming with video recording, maybe streaming, at the very least multitasking during gaming, i know that an 8600k is plenty for the purposes but i figure to just future proof myself with more cores being utilized in newer games and not wanting the hassle of constant upgrading. my main goal is a great machine for the price that will last generations. i don't need much OC potential, as I favor longevity and future proofing. i dont care for the RGB aspect of the case but it's the best looking solution for around 100 in a full tower

fuck it I'll just buy a pc now, I'm tired of the "any minute now" shit

Reposting my question from the other thread - on the topic of dumpster PC's, which is more reliable for an office PC that will be working all day - a corporate liquidation sale HP/Dell/Fujitsu/Acer whatever brand name PC or a home-built PC with a motherboard from like Asus or Gigabyte?

I'm already steering clear of PCs that have proprietary form factor PSUs, but what about the motherboards, are the caps more solid on brand-names or are they the same crap? There's really not much of a price difference between the two.

Which is better, R3 2200G or R3 1200 + 1050 Ti for 720p gaming?

aight, I'll get the H7. the focus plus gold 750W isnt cheaper for me so i'll stick with this one.
thanks for the help

If you read the OP it answers the CPU matchup in no uncertain words.

What is the absolute cheapest way to build a pc outside of stealing parts?

which gpu is best paired with a q9500?

Yeah, but I read 2200G alone can't into heavy game. Hence I compared it to the downgrade version but with a dedicated gpu.

Attached: low profile 1050ti.png (1362x1012, 87K)

You should be able to find either within spitting distance of each other pricewise, there's no reason to pick the 1200. You also get better stock base/boost clocks out of the box without OCing.

T-thanks.

Vega 8 compares more to a 1030 so any of them with a 1050 ti is a better option

should i assume few responses is a good sign? the only problem i see with my build is too much power for what i'm probably going to use it for, right? which isn't bad considering the length i'm planning having it. thank you for your help through these extremely anxious times, i think i'm going to fire the cannon tomorrow unless new information comes to light.

Right, thank you.

ignore this fuck stick dont change a noctua for a 212

No problem man

Sup guys, certified idiot here. Thinking of building a pc for the first time.
I want it to last me for a good 5-10 years.
Any suggestions on how to improve this?

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/jn76sZ

Thinking of getting a RX580 8GB for 400.
Would that be good enough for the monitor?
If it can't handle most games at 60fps I will be sad. Don't need a beast for now, just good enough.

Considering you can get a decent build with $350-$400 it's very good
youtube.com/watch?v=B-qZKEP7nO4&list=PL_sfYUCEg8Ogd3fIuGmOxGaIIWg0kEjVV
Here's the 2400g overclocked
youtube.com/watch?v=uqBCmwwOxmM

Should I pull the trigger on this, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1080.png (1536x418, 169K)

So let's say money is no object and I want the most powerful processor between Core i9 7980xe and Threadripper 1950x. For amateur AI programming and 4K video effects. Not gaming.

Do I still go with Threadripper? I'm just so hesitant. I've always used Intel, I know the instruction sets for assembly language, and I'm used to AMD being shitty.

Attached: AOLpress.gif (400x315, 25K)

The absolute state of CDN.

If not troll, I had a full response typed out but all you get now is:
Price doesn't completely reflect quality or performance.

Just found
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4GB Mini Graphics Card

for 210 usd should i buy?

its for this build

That's around current retail price, MSRP is around $140 USD.
Dunno why you think you struck gold.

congratulations this is one of the worst builds i've ever seen. rx 580 in a bugdet of 2k€ is a fucking joke.
this is better: de.pcpartpicker.com/list/sGCMZR
what is your budget? the best thing would be 8700k + 1080ti + 1440p 165hz monitor.

change ssd to mx500
change mobo to asrock extreme4

well, on the build list it says you can find this price but it is hard to find.

nowinstock.net/uk/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1050ti/

get a 1060 (cheapest one you can find)

so, in your opinion is it cheaper to just buy from retailer pre-built now?

i am thinking of putting together this build:

just because it has good reviews and i'm wary of buying from retailers because of the lack of customization and knowledgeable independent reviews.

Sorry I left to make dinner. The full tower case is fine but they are BIG so if you don't mind then more power to you. Personally I love the tempered glass cases although they are quite heavy. As for the 212 evo I would consider getting it unless you plan on any real overclocking in which case I would look at water cooling options($100+). The PSU you have is fine but I just suggested a smaller one only because that one is quite powerful. Realistically 600w should suffice fine. The cables just make any build look much cleaner if you are into that sort of thing(fully modular if you plan on any braided cables). Enjoy the build.

If you're getting a 2400G and a dGPU you might as well get a 1600 + dGPU.
Otherwise ride out with the 2400G + integrated Vega and stay strong.

ok, that's made me feel better as I just panic bought it, price was £150 incl postage and cheapest not out of stock or pre-order on that list is £174

why? will in not make much of a difference having the 2400 and dgpu versus 1600 and dgpu?

I want this to last a while and be upgradable.

1600 will carry you further with an additional 2 cores/4 threads, and you won't be using the 2400G's integrated Vega if you have a dGPU.

I consider everyone who's recommending 212 evo a retard. It's not 2013 anymore ffs. Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1506291793399.jpg (250x241, 7K)

Hello /pgbg/. I'm here to piss people off.

Attached: aaaa.png (805x261, 20K)

Oh no! Somebody else's money!

But srs though i got tired of waitfagging. Fuck miners, i've got a gpu from 2013 and a 4k monitor for god's sake. That shit doesn't fly.

can someone give me a hint how to make 128GB ddr4 no gpu (only integrated) system
intel ARK says there are only up to 64GB RAM cpus (not xeons)

I have had two and I think they were both hideous but they worked just fine.

I really wish there were more /fa/ HSFs.

Thanks, I've only bought the Geforce GTX 1050Ti I bought is a dgpu - (I'm not really great with hardware), so I'll take that into account when buying the processor.

Get a new PC.

*if it is a dgpu I meant.

what is the difference between EVO 850 and EVO 860 SSD's? both are at the same price.

i understand the ssd change, and i do like crucial, but why the mobo? i only have 1 ssd, so the heatsink is better than the extra m2, and i won't be overclocking to the limit on anything. i suppose the vga is desireable over the dp for me because that's what my current monitor has but i'm going to assume a dp adapter either comes with it, or i can just use the hdmi until i install my drivers.

the price similarity does lean me towards your suggestion, but i'm already well past my budget

This or look into used parts
pcpartpicker.com/list/N8Dmq4

many thanks to you user. i'm definitely avoiding water cooling due to paranoia, and i've seen some noctua perform better than some liquid, so i'm happy with the giant thing i think

uhm sweetie, you can't.

some old ass, x58 motherboard that you bought for $20, an old $30 4c8t xeon, some old ass ddr3 that you get by blowing a dude under a bridge.
thank me later.

so is $210 actually cheap for the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4GB Mini Graphics Card
or does it just seem like it because prices are so inflated

the MSRP is $140. Think about it.

dont waste your fucking money on a 1050 get the cheapest 1060 you can find

>1060
fuck that shit.
Get an RX 580, cheapest you can find

too late mang, sorry already 'wasted' it.

yeah, fair point but fuck it. Can't see gpu prices coming down any time soon as crypto prices have crashed and people are still mining.

What does everyone think of this:

looking to build it, only bought graphics so far but was thinking of getting a retail pc but they're not customisable enough and I feel like the money you may save on the GPU they just fleece you out of on some other shit you don't need.

Thoughts? Retail or build?

where i am from a second hand rx580 goes for like 20% more than a new 1060

let alone that second hand rx580 have seen more abuse than a sex worker 50 years in the trade.

the point is not to support the GPP, even if it means paying slightly more. Nvidia won't stop until it hurts their wallet

no thanks.

Should've bought 1080ti tbf

enjoy paying $1000 USD for a GTX xx50 in the near future. don't forget to post red wojaks on Jow Forums crying about "muh inflated prices".

Nah, 4k monitor I have has Freesync, which I don't want to give up.

i only game at 1080p on low/med graphics in FPS. I dont care about 4k 144hz gaming.

i7 6700k for r7 1700 worth it for gaming 1080p?

wtf are you on about? An RX 580 is the best 1080p GPU you can get at the moment considering its faster than a 1060. Everything faster is overpowered and better for 1440p.

then get an AMD 2400G, should be more than enough for your needs.

>considering its faster than a 1060

Attached: 1504030410934.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

>pay 20% more for a second hand card thats been raped for 3% perf increase

NO

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-3GB-vs-AMD-RX-580/3646vs3923

no-one?

is it for gayman or wat?

it is. in 98% of games, an RX 580 is faster than a 6gb 1060.

nice fallacy

Attached: 1516508284663.webm (480x360, 210K)

Considering getting a 1080 ti. I dual boot Linux and Windows, though. Will I be able to run Steam on Linux with a Nvidia 1080 Ti card? Can you even use a modern Nvidia GPU with Linux?

If so, does it run at the resolution of your monitor or is it stuck in constant 1024x768?

some one please help I got a ryzen 5 1600 on a msi b350 gaming pro and it's not even booting to bios but fans turn on everything turns on but it won't boot please anyone for the love of Christ on this holy Easter help

I'd get a 1600, the P300, P400 or the Enthoo Pro M, a B350 PC Mate and this HDD (or two 1TB WD Blue/2TB Black) and this GPU
uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/p8tCmG/hitachi-internal-hard-drive-hua723020ala640
uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/9V2rxr/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-4gb-windforce-oc-video-card-gv-n105twf2oc-4gd

it's stable and fast so far, and handles everything I threw at it. Thanks for the advice, Jow Forums. Godspeeds.

Attached: wewlad.png (1227x402, 76K)