Hey, user, did you get an internship for the summer break?

> Hey, user, did you get an internship for the summer break?

Attached: 1521233256899.jpg (750x967, 349K)

haha epic xD normies reee

I've been working at nvidia for 18 years now.

wow it's nice of them to hire the developmentally delayed

>Internship? I had one at Boston Consulting last summer but I'm spending this summer surfing along the coast of Morocco.

Feelin bad for all you wagecucks

Your position is shilling on g?

Who are you guys quoting?

Society.

That explains the shitty drivers.

>internships
>during summer
That's the most degenerate thing one could do. You get paid less than by mowing lawns. Then again I am euro, I don't have to worry about education being a financial burden

intenrships in cs pay $30-40/hr

More than most university students actual mid-career pay

Fuck I Know, I'll Practice With my Little Sister.

cool jacket

Dude's tie is all jacked.

I did, thank you for asking!

Attached: this.jpg (320x240, 27K)

>internship
Holy fuck, corporations have actually convinced highly educated Americucks that low/unpaid work is a good thing

no i got a hundred bucks, a few coke can, a few cokeheads, and about 5 months of sunshine

I'm not sure any of us are convinced. We're just stuck having to show years of experience right out of post-secondary schooling. It's either internship, nepotism or entrepreneurship.

You have 3-5 years of experience straight out of post-secondary schooling and should be paid accordingly. This working for nothing(or very little) bullshit is slavery of highly qualified people.

I got a cloud computing internship at IBM despite not having ANY of the qualifications. My interview lasted for maybe 20 minutes, which mostly consisted of me explaining my personal projects to her. What I'm saying is, as soon as you pass their cognitive test, which is done online and any dumbfuck can cheat on, you pretty much got the job.

Corporate experience, not subject matter experience.

And yes, it is.

Decent IBM interns are paid $60,000 CAD, which is pretty decent for the corporate exposure

I did back in school.

Cisco.

It was a fucking joke. Never fucking work for Cisco.

I did a year-long paid internship at an investment bank and they offered me a job at the end.

The pay isn't the point, the point is and

but yet here you are trying to validate yourself to us

>IBM

Ended up working for IBM when they bought the company I was working for. They offered a $60K/year raise, and a very nice retention bonus if I stayed for 24 months.

As soon as the bonus was paid, I turned in my too weeks.

Fuck that place...

fucking this!

when you get bought like that, always flee with once is my experience

Tech internships at big companies tend to pay high or near full time positions. You do it for the experience and in hopes of getting a full time offer

But I took classes over Summer.

No because I'm white.

Checked

Attached: 1522204816340.gif (320x320, 2.46M)

hello fellow euro, if you've no connections and don't do internships then you won't get a job.

Yes.

Working on side project to show my internship boss :)

wait. you actually get *paid* for internships?

Only in freedom countires.
In the U.S. internships are some sort of slavery.

wait, explain that pls? Wasn't there a contract that said you were supposed to stay there for 24 months? Did you take the money and ran before the 24 months?

Attached: 1516378168294.png (782x960, 334K)

Fucking lol no they don't, unless you're smack dab in the middle of silicon retardey you're not. That's what a new developer makes

>be black
>have no skills
>get hired because a company literally gets to check two checkboxes for the government and get a tax break
It's honestly disgusting

Its so easy to be a negro.

sounds like he left right after he did his 24 months

Because I'm not black enough to work at Indian Business Machine.

I got a summer job as a software developer with the option to continue part time, does that count?

this

I kekd

Don't tell me you work for free

>you have 3-5 years experience
You have 3 to 5 years of knowledge. If all you've ever done is college, you have no working experience at all. In many career fields, you aren't even qualified for a certification and certainly not licensure. Working in a career field is different than learning about one. On top of that, a rigorous bachelor's program has 55 credits directly within your major, if you're lucky. A 3-unit credit is worth 144 hours in a semester of actual time. If you put 60 credits into your major (half of your degree plan), that means you would have spent 2,880 hours learning your major. That's barely more than a years worth of working days. You're short of this "3 to 5" years by a good 4,000 to 6,000 hours of working time. Even if you committed all 120 credits of your degree to your major, you'd only be halfway to 5 years worth of experience.
>bachelors degree
>highly qualified
No. See above. It's a checkbox to get you in the door. Someone who has been working in the same industry for 5 years without a degree is guaranteed to be better at actually doing the job, because they have 2 to 3 times the experience you do, regardless of whether they know more technical knowledge than the person with the degree or not.

Regardless of all of that, unpaid internships are bullshit if only because you are providing work and should therefore be paid accordingly. "Gaining experience" and "making connections" is the equivalent of "for exposure" in the music world - a nice idea, but it doesn't pay anyone's bills.

I got a software internship every summer I was in college and now have a decently paying ($70k in a cheap area with good benefits) software job I’m about a year into.
You must all be autists in interviews.

I got a SE a month after applying to places during my last semester at school, didn't even go to school for CS or SE either so i was kind of a burden the first couple months but being engrossed in it every single day really helps you learn so much faster it's crazy

Once as it was compulsory in my MSc program, unpaid.
In my experience getting a part time job while in college is much more valuable, was a sysadmin and later project engineer during college and recruiters are more interested since they are 'real' positions.
Got a job that starts ~2 months before official graduation

Also is right and is wrong.
You need to have something on your CV but not necessarily internships.
Part time / TA / Own business / Notable projects are fine too.

he should join our startup

Yes, you get paid, but not always.
You can assume something called an unpaid internship has no pay.