Why do people buy Macs?

Why do people buy Macs?

Attached: CollageMaker_20180331_165751638.jpg (1920x1920, 887K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/en-us/work/shop/tablets-and-2-in-1-laptops/new-xps-13-2-in-1/spd/xps-13-9365-2-in-1-laptop/cto2936513us
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If this wasnt on sale the Mac would be $50 cheaper

True, but you get a graphics card in this pc

because Windows is fucking garbage and that ASUS is a plasticky piece of shit that will break in the first year

Gays/feminists/children/old people.

wintards BTFO

True but same can be said for mac os or mac build quality.

Just install Linux

Don't like Asus?

Attached: Screenshot_20180331-170613.jpg (1060x1408, 331K)

Cause they don't know Linux :')

because Asus sucks donkey balls if it comes to quality? It's like saying "why do you want to get a basic mercedes if you can have a high spec chink car?" You just want the more reliable one

no it can't.

This.

Attached: 1497395076834.jpg (989x1006, 165K)

High build quality
portable
high resale value
tight integration with iPhone
physical stores with good support in most towns and cities
no-hassle unix-like os
social status
aesthetics
multitouch trackpad and gestures are unmatched
similar laptops in the same class are the same price or more expensive

Theres a reason why everyone at top tech companies use them

>mactoddler literally making up lies to defend his housefire chinkshit fruit trash

>Mercedes
>Reliable
If by chink car you meant Japanese, then honestly your statement is completely backwards. Fine German engineering breaks down more often and is more expensive to repair than some indestructable Corolla pile of iron. The Mercedes will have a far nicer drive and interior, but in terms of reliability the cheap Jap shit is actually top notch.

For the OS and ecosystem you colossal brainlet. You'll never know these feels of bliss after using Winshit for decades and breifly Linux beforehand.

theres no argument here. Why did you even post?

>uses dumpsterfireOS
>calls anyone else brainlet

Attached: 1497530074496.png (1245x852, 145K)

This is a straw man argument. You are just picking apart their analogy, not actually addressing their point

>"""""""""""people""""""""""

Attached: 1491446199877.jpg (996x954, 299K)

They might want a quick way of reducing their tax bill. Also retains value for longer.

Macs are fucking Pintos with Ferrari body kits.

Attached: 1513165632363.jpg (851x474, 107K)

see Like honestly I don't understand the shade here. Also, BSD and Linux are fully POSIX compliant either so I don't know what that image is trying to point out.

aren't*

see

Poor people who want other poor people to think they aren't poor.

epic troll my dude

How will mactoddlers eve recover?

Macs are made of aluminum, which has been linked with Alzheimer's disease. Mac users have Alzheimer's, they go into Apple Stores not knowing where they are and spend money on these products.

Is that you billy?

dude, thats like, some really good deductive reasoning right there wow I never thot about it that way before you changed my life thanks

Wicked argument faggot. Where's your content? Other OS users are so fucking clueless. Do you even own several machines? I bet you don't have a job. Don't reply to me you retarded 14 year old. Jow Forums is for adults.

As MacBook Air owner I can say why people buy MacBooks Air, but not fucking Pros.
1. MacBook air is a poorfags MacBook, cheapest laptop with OS X.
2. It has great battery life (if battery is not puffed)
3. Quite powerful (if it is cool...) for dimensions
4. Quite good TN matrix. (that is better, then some IPSes)
5. Has USB, headphone and SD-card ports.

The downsides are:
1. Throttles, if ambient temperature is above -5 deg. c.
2. Shitty keyboard layout. (No delete key, no printscreen key...)
3. Mac OS X is not a piece of cake, it is rather a piece of shit, that is formed in a candy, that looks nice, until you try it or smell it.
4. Aluminium case is less durable, than plastic. (yes, it doesn't flex, but if it flexes - it remains bended)
5. Keyboard and touchpad are becoming dirty very fast. I clean this laptop with alcohol every day, just because otherwise it is too gross...

>High build quality
Hell no, Thinkpads have much better build quality, even E-series
>portable
Yess
>high resale value
I don't care, but very probable
>tight integration with iPhone
I don't care, because I don't have this toy.
>physical stores with good support in most towns and cities
Official support on these laptops is shit. At least in my shithole.
>no-hassle unix-like os
Linux is better, that this shit candy.
>social status
Nobody cares. Guys told me, that I'll get more chicks with MacBook, but in reality they don't care... I've picked up more chicks with my gorgeous 99' Renault Twingo, then with my shitbook.
>aesthetics
No, this laptop isn't beautiful... Either ugly. Just average laptop.
>multitouch trackpad and gestures are unmatched
Touchpad is 10/10, agree, even in Linux (I guess Linus T. had made those drivers).
>similar laptops in the same class are the same price or more expensive
Not quite sure.

>macfag brainlet
>calling anyone else clueless

Attached: 1494196287595.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Too much of a dumb faggot to do anything other than make deflection greentext posts. Such is the intellect of the anti-Mactard. You're too dumb to post here, back to 9gag you fucking subhuman poorcunt.

Attached: 1509683281217.png (195x200, 65K)

Downgraded and devolved even more to just a shitty 9gag-tier macro. This place isn't for you, off yourself. Every shitpost you make in response to me is just making your hole deeper.

>>High build quality
>Hell no, Thinkpads have much better build quality, even E-series
Other laptops can have high build quality too yano. MacBooks last forever, anything sandy bridge and up still works great. Posting from a 2013 MacBook Air that'll last a several more years at least. If you buy new and its a little fucky, just go to your local apple store and exchange it for a different one. Easy as that.
>I don't have this toy.
This is clearly hyperbole. Saying that iPhones are toys and Androids are tools is ridiculous. They are basically the same thing. (I have both)
>>no-hassle unix-like os
>Linux is better, that this shit candy.
I agree, linux is better for many things, but macOS is good enough. and that candy is pretty nice when you are using it for both work and personal use. However, most of my real work is done over ssh to a linux box, and macOS is great for that.
>>aesthetics
>No, this laptop isn't beautiful... Either ugly. Just average laptop.
I disagree, but this is just an opinion. It is still a reason people by them either way.
>similar laptops in the same class are the same price or more expensive
surface book with similar specs: 1499 starting
Dell 13inch XPS with similar specs: 1,449
Macbook pro 13 inch: 1299
The reason people think Macs are *more* expensive is because they compare them to laptops that aren't in the same class

Too much of a dumb faggot to do anything other than regurgitating apple marketing slogans like the gullible braindead sheep you are. Such is the intellect of the Mactard. You're too dumb to post here, back to 9gag you fucking subhuman poorcunt.

Attached: 1520243508688.jpg (732x797, 263K)

>macshit
>lasting more than 6 months before the soda can shit tier case bends and crumples

Attached: 1499540240296.jpg (400x300, 29K)

yeah that exact same thing happened to me one day when I was typing. This is why you can't buy a MacBook older than 6 months on craigslist

i own a mac and i donĀ“t have stupid tattoos of the brand, why some people like you act so retarded? are you a retard on some level? wow dude, what the fuck.

dumb neet nigger, noone uses fucking linux for the fucking kernel, they use it for the shit that has been built on top of it. macs have high hardware quality and high support quality relative to the other offerings out there, commercial and otherwise. have you actually held a job before? i hope your family kicks you out and your shitty laptop breaks and you can't cash in on free repairs and service like the rest of us.

>ThinkPad
>build quality

You've got to be fucking joking. I used them exclusively for around 8 years, all kinds of them. They're riddled with defects and manufacturing problems. Not to mention retarded shit like Lenovo having 3 suppliers for keyboards with only one of them being decent, you're playing a fucking lottery. The keyboard in my W530 doesn't even have symmetrical gaps on either sides of the trackpoint buttons. Random squeaks and cracks in parts of a chassis for a few models which are in perfect condition. Display assembly displaying gaps and shit that can't be fixed. ThinkPads are made with really high tolerances so they don't fail, akin to Glocks, but the MacBooks are 1911s. Easier to malfunction, but a more accurate and well made weapon. I bought a brand new X230 recently too which also displayed at least 3 minor defects which aren't enough to make a fuss over but are just enough to piss you off. Status light bleeding and such.

Don't ever say they're higher build quality than anything. Durable, yes. High quality no. I've taken apart a few MacBooks of friends and the actual construction and tolerances of the machine are incredible. Its the most over-engineered laptop I've taken apart.

>Dell 13inch XPS with similar specs: 1,449
>Macbook pro 13 inch: 1299
You need to double or triple the macbook's specs and price just to catch up to windows tablet level performance.

Attached: 1511317501256.jpg (1750x960, 405K)

rather have the macbook, sorry

cus they're pretty and built well

Attached: ag2.png (450x248, 133K)

Did you even read what I said? That dell laptop isn't in the same class as a MacBook, its not a competitor. Its a clunky plastic brick with a sata SSD and probably a lot of other lacking specs. There are not comparable. Apple doesn't make laptops that are that shitty okay.

Here is the dell I am basing it off of: dell.com/en-us/work/shop/tablets-and-2-in-1-laptops/new-xps-13-2-in-1/spd/xps-13-9365-2-in-1-laptop/cto2936513us

>That dell laptop isn't in the same class as a MacBook, its not a competitor.
This.
The XPS is an order of magnitude superior to that throttling overheating chinkshit fruit trash for gullible morons.

it's so heavy it's like carrying a prisoner brand around as you walk on pins and needles, the screen's shit too and the fan screeches like a banshee

>mac

Attached: 1507525597763.jpg (1080x1370, 264K)

must've worked hard to write that one

lol. I bet you haven't tried either of them, let alone held them.

You have any proof to back up your claim?

Wonder why over half of google uses MacBooks then?

Meant to reply to

le epic troll my dude. Great arg

i bet your shitty dell keyboard/trackpad malfunctioned

Purely for battery life, but they've long since lost that advantage. Nobody at Google uses fagOS for anything productive and take painstaking measures to ensure they never have to use that pile of shit by doing all their work through SSH on their virtual workspace.

Attached: 1518143591225.jpg (1290x1645, 499K)

Wrong.

Attached: 1522094784622.jpg (989x1006, 165K)

oh boy you sure got those mactoddlers didn't you sir?

>Other laptops can have high build quality too yano. MacBooks last forever, anything sandy bridge and up still works great. Posting from a 2013 MacBook Air that'll last a several more years at least. If you buy new and its a little fucky, just go to your local apple store and exchange it for a different one. Easy as that.
Well, I've destroyed an audiochip with static discharge. And Apple services said 'fuck you, buy new.' And then I've ordered DC-in board with audiochip from dumpsters of Shenzhen for 20$ and it worked.
And then I've tried deliberately shock a Thinkpad E330 and ASUS VivoBook with ESD zapper - both survived, and both had realtek chipsets, unlike Apple, they had... Well, I've forget which chip, but it didn't had any zener diodes to deal with ESD inside, and Apple didn't put any on PCB.
And speaking of fit and finish - Apple wins...
>This is clearly hyperbole. Saying that iPhones are toys and Androids are tools is ridiculous. They are basically the same thing. (I have both)
Both are toys. Too small to do something useful, but calling.
>The reason people think Macs are *more* expensive is because they compare them to laptops that aren't in the same class
Lenovo and ASUS probably had something with similar specs for 1000$, don't quite remember and too lazy to look now.
Fit and finish of Thinkpads is not as good as Apple, but overall design is much better. Because in those laptops GPU is not overheated (in MacBook Air it is not an issue, since it doesn't have a GPU, only Jewtel HD), and there is no retarded JTAG, that is being corroded by small drop near air intake.

Mac is quite similar to BMW, expensive, good assembly quality, but since it is turbo and FSI it won't last as long, as Dacia Logan with prehistorical 1.6 8v engine and spartan interior.

imagine being so retarded that you think people in an office give a shit about battery time lol

meant for lol

imagine being so retarded that you think any corporate office uses fagOS for any purpose besides SSHing into a real OS

looks like keyboard quality hits home for you retards. maybe i triggered some ptsd from last time you sent a mistyped email to your boss. oh wait...

>The reason people think Macs are *more* expensive is because they compare them to laptops that aren't in the same class
The reason people compare macs to laptops half their price is because as soon as you try to do anything useful on a mac it loses over half its performance.

Attached: 1506831536728.jpg (1944x2592, 1.04M)

why is that a problem? Its a perfectly good use for a laptop. Anyways, my corp doesn't let you keep code on your laptop so its your only option. MacOS is way better for that windows and is on par with linux if thats all you are doing.

t. someone who has never written for a job or done anything involving a spreadsheet

>mac
>so fucking shit that the best use for it is to not do anything more intensive than text input

Attached: 1501248243509.gif (250x230, 927K)

>doing computing locally
>doing computing locally on a laptop
you must not be doing very useful things then. Basically everything I do is remote so I never run into this problem, if it is even really that big of a deal.

thistbh f a m

>gayming laptop

I'm guessing the SNSV laptop weighs more than double the air and lasts 4 hours max on battery.

see

>text input
Yeah, text input and displaying information, while being portable. Thats kind of the point of a laptop isn't it?
>caring about local computing
you must be NEET

>S-S-STOP USING THE i7 AND 16GB RAM WE PUT IN THE THROTTLEBOOKS
>I-I-IT MAKES APEL LOOK BAD
>YOU'RE USING IT RONG
>LEAV APEL ALONE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1492307703331.jpg (813x1402, 177K)

>make laptop with $300 CPU and $200 of RAM
>you're not supposed to stress those! use it for chromebook tier tasks only!
Mactoddlerism.

Attached: 1497795380820.png (441x302, 58K)

>raw performance is the only thing that makes a laptop good
have fun with your cheap, heavy plastic, clunkers, that run windows

Attached: fox and the grapes.gif (640x918, 10K)

have fun with your cheap, fragile tincan, housefire, clunkers, that run soyboyOS

Attached: 1505150674034.jpg (1200x1600, 383K)

It really does.
t. Macbook Air user, that has Pentium-level performance.

Post the one with the Apple on the ground that macfags are forced to settle with.

Fresh OC.

Attached: 1511516847188.png (849x918, 22K)

>that logo
Pajeets can never into aspect ratios.

what's the mac model?

oy vey, delet this!!

It has the best out of the box experience, and the benefits of a unix-like system, compared to windows laptops.

Attached: 2024.png (575x320, 353K)

>comparing an ultraportable to a desktop replacement
I S H I G G Y D I G G Y

MacBook Air is pretty terrible value. A better comparison is MBP.

Bear in mind the MBP will likely have a vastly superior SSD and screen compared to whatever laptop.

Because

>Comes with Apple processor, Apple ram, Apple memory, Apple screen, Apple keyboard... heck the whole thing is made and assembled by Apple!

it just keeps werkin

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 15.10.25.png (700x447, 102K)

It is mostly due to the software and the brand. The laptops haven't had very good build quality since the G4 days. The OS offersf support for proprietary software like M$ Office and Adobe's suite along with programming applications and GNU utilities. The only reason Windows is popular is because MacOS is cost prohibitive and GNU+Linux isn't user friendly enough.

> Why do people buy gay men laptops?
I don't specifically mean "non-powerful", but everything that has a "Gaming" word in its name and a gamer tax.

>10.9.5
It sure can.

Money > sense

They're basically the gaming console version of a computer for people too stupid to use even Windows. They can forget about Linux unless it's something easy like Mint or Ubuntu so they go with the OS that will not only hold their hand but change their diapers and give them their baba too.

thinkfags will never be this comfy.

Attached: 9zVlwKMhS++K4dY13Te1bA.jpg (4032x3024, 2.05M)

Because 99% of devices come with windows and some people prefer a better default OS so they buy Macs or system76.

>muh windows is the easiest OS to learn and use
Only if you grew up on it exclusively. Anyone born into a UNIX world will find UNIX-like systems easier to use, and thus find windows more difficult.

>Because 99% of devices come with windows and some people prefer a better default OS so they buy XPS13 DE or system76.
Fixed.

Big nigga battery life, goat screen, goat trackpad and its unix based so it's comfy.

It's a front end for connecting to servers and doing remote work, so why wouldn't I get the most comfy device? I can do the same work on a 50 dollar laptop from 2001 but it wont be as nice to use.

Also OSX is the goat trackpad based OS to use.

MSI is even worse retard