NEVER OBSOLETE

The eternal CPU.

Attached: SandyBridge_01.jpg (375x340, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nlxfDvSyPKA
youtube.com/watch?v=2PygTb3Wk1o
youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0dffrSmPI
recode.net/2014/8/2/11629454/this-post-is-art-framed-Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw Jow Forums memed me into buying the 2500K back in 2011
Legitimately probably the best tech thing by value I will ever buy.

Jow Forums didn't exist back then newfag

Pretty much, my 2600k is still more than enough for what I do. Plenty of battery life and grunt on my i5-2520M too.

Attached: hurr.jpg (274x321, 26K)

I got memed a year back into finally picking up a T420 with that last processor for dirt cheap. Best decision ever made. Jow Forums is usually right.

It is already obsolete (No AVX support and several other new instruction sets) and the platform it rides on and is even more obsolete (PCIe 2.0 (only 16 lanes), DDR3, no native USB 3.0 support, no native NMe support, no Thunderbolt).

It had a good run, but calling it "never obsolete" is just being disingenuous.

All of those are bloat.

Literally none of that matters to the typical user at all. The closest thing you had to an argument was USB 3.0 and basically every motherboard worth buying had USB 3.0 chips added on.

Not if you want to run software that requires new instruction sets. It will happen sooner then you would expect.

Just ask any former Pentium III/K7 user who fell victim to mass adoption of SSE2 back in late 2000s.

Nehalem is what mattered. I don't know why Sandy Bridge gets the fame.

It is because it overclocked like a dream and wasn't a blast furnace.

Bloomfields/Westmere were toasty SOB when overclocked.

Attached: 1501314649658.png (142x164, 46K)

You're confused. Sandy bridge is the first generation to include all of that good shit. You're thinking Westmere, which is also eternal as evidenced by my beastly dual X5690 system that can literally do anything and outperforms anything that costs what I paid for it 3-4 years ago.

Nehalem couldn't break 4 ghz if I right. Or it was right around 4ghz.

(OP)
I got the 3770k when it launched which has the advantage over Sandy bridge with USB 3.0 and PCIe 3.0 which is pretty good for backups and newer games which have surpassed the PCIe 2.0 bandwidth limits.

That's Sandy Bridge-E/X79. The platform it rode does hold-up better (40 PCIe 3.0 lanes, DDR4, native USB 3.0 support). It just lacks native NVMe and Thunderbolt 3 support. The CPU itself is still dated (no AVX and a few post-Haswell instruction sets) and socket it rode on could only upgrade to Ivy Bridge-E. Haswell-E require new "Socket2011v3" (different voltage pin layout).

Nehalem could easily get 4.0Ghz, but it got very toastly. ~4.3-4.5Ghz was the 45nm process limit.

It depended on what chip revision you had and what your cooling was like. C0 Nehalem was the essence of silicon lottery, where you could get a good clocker, but most of the time you got a housefire that struggled to get past 3.8 without disabling hyperthreading.
D0 stepping chips were better about it, but they still got hot when going past 4ghz, and usually didnt go much higher unless you had a golden chip.

Its when intel switched to 32nm when the clocking got good and did so with sane temperatures.

what?
Ive been here since before fermi came out and pretty sure that was before 2011

Attached: 1385420494989.jpg (852x939, 325K)

Only thing that determines when a cpu is obsolete is when it can't handle a task you toss at it. Most software you tend to keep long as it works/supported by Windows. Windows itself is never obsolete long as hardware support it. Your hardware will last long time if you keep replaceable parts in stock/don't plan to play latest games. Your only replaceable part should be storage and that's if you don't got a central file server already in place. SATA is not going anywhere for long time yet. Hell drives are just now pushing Sata I data bus to the limit and Sata I came out back in 2k4. Also Sata is 100% b.c so a Sata III drive will work in old Sata I mobo with zero issues. After all, how many cores do you need if all you do is office/e-mail/basic shit?

2500K best processor ever. I've gone through 3 video cards in the time I've had it but it still keeps going.

You're better off getting an Elitebook or Dell Latitude. They are much higher quality and lower priced. The fucking T420 requires you to remove the keyboard and a screwdriver to upgrade RAM. Meanwhile an elitebook has direct access on the bottom.

Ivy bridge is also the first desktop cpu to use white stuff under the heat spreader.

Attached: perfrel_3840_2160.png (500x490, 23K)

Attached: processador-intel-core-2-quad-q6600-240ghz-8mb-775-pasta-D_NQ_NP_867947-MLB26105209899_102017-F.jpg (1080x952, 175K)

Nah, that's not as legendary as the 2500K and 2600K.

If tested on final fantasy XV the results would look a lot different.

My specs were retarded back then.
>Q6600
>2GB RAM
>XP 32-bit

I have a i5 2400
Cannot play more than 10 minutes,the pc freeze and the keyboard leds gets off,i think its the shitty h61m gigabyte MB i have, i think its a MB voltage issue

Fair enough. Haven't had to upgrade the RAM, but I'll keep that in mind. Already pretty comfy with what I have though.

Reminder that Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge are primarily designed in Israel. Based Intel

>X79
>DDR4
>SB-E have 40 PCIe 3.0 lanes
>Not talking about X99

Deprecated by meltdown
had a good run though

Windows 10 dropped support for it, you're stuck on build 1709

And what a shame that is.

>never obsolete because you can still play games
Dumb sandyfags.

>no AVX

You guys must have a one of a kind then because Sandy Bridge have AVX.
Besides, when you talk about Sandy Bridge, you talk about the 2600K/2700K, not the 2500K.

Attached: cpuz_2018-03-31_05-40-55.png (806x804, 55K)

Still have my 2600k build, and its still going strong.

What motherboards are you looking at? Because the Z77 have USB3.0 and PCI-E 3.0
It's like you're all so underage that you think these doesn't have that.

What's next? Gonna tell me they don't have Gigabit Ethernet? No 7.1 sound? No support for SSD?

Current state of 10 is garbage on my 2600k... GG

>2005
>Intel getting JUSTed by Netburst and competition from the then superior Athlon 64
>suddenly some (((mobile))) CPU architecture designed in the Holy Land manages to save Intel and doom AMD to obscurity and poorfaggery forever

Based Intel Israel

Obsolete? You would only have to purposefully and artificially overload i7 2600 in a DAW to make the software crash. I'd assume most of us know that virtual instrumentation and DAWs in general are some of the most demanding tasks on the CPU. Sandy Bridge - not outdated in the slightest.

>Deprecated by meltdown
>had a good run though
There are patches for it on both Windows and Linux.

You can run a 2600k in a Z77 motherboard but it won't be able to use PCIe 3.0

X99 is the second revision of X79 platform but it uses Socket2011v3 which is not compatible with Sandy Bridge-E/Ivy Bridge-E because Intel changed the layout. It only works with Haswell-E/Broadwell-E chips.

Sound familiar?

Pleasantly surprised I didn't get trolled into buying shit by Jow Forums that time. Memed into trying mechanical keyboards, what a waste.

No, Sandy Bridge is too old to use some of the latest version of software in HPC world (that require AVX2 and other Post-Sandy-Bridge/Ivy Bridge new instruction sets) but you wouldn't use Sandy Bridge chips in the first place.

It is only a matter of time before mainstream software starts requiring the use of the instruction sets. AVX requirement will certainly killed off Core2/Phenom II generation.

We heard you the first time. Give examples of what you're referring to or stop repeating yourself.

AVX is the irrelevant AVX
It only starts getting relevant with AVX-2 where you can use 8 floats at the same time instead of 4

I'm glad there are still some thermi memes flying around. I used to have a whole folder.

That's not the i7 920.

youtube.com/watch?v=nlxfDvSyPKA
>eternal

Literally a 7+ years old CPU and IPC has pretty much remained stagnent ever since.

Attached: fermi launched.jpg (600x749, 62K)

did a nigga say fermi

Attached: 1286564762241.jpg (800x600, 535K)

Source:Your ass

>PCI-E 3.0
That is from the CPU brainlet. Also, 6 series can have AsMedia (Chimera backdoor) USB 3

I am trying to say X79 doesn't have DDR4, and sandy bridge-e doesn't have PCIe 3.0 in contrary to what the guy I was replying to said.

your i7 920 was rendered obsolute a generation later

>(PCIe 2.0 (only 16 lanes)

You only get 16 lanes on pretty much every consumer grade Intel CPU. The i7-8700k has 16 lanes. SLI / Crossfire runs at 8x8. You want more lanes? You need to buy Xeon. And an E5 Xeon at that. The E3-1280 V6 is the newest of the E3 range and only supports 16 lanes. This is a shining example of how Intel segments their yield binning to make as much money as possible.

Meanwhile, when AMD yields for Phenom were bad. They simply disabled one core and sold them as tri-cores instead of disabling one faulty core and one good core and a bunch of other features and selling them as some other dual core niche segment cpu (like Celerons, Pentiums and i3s that supported ECC).

So it is. my bad.
Good thing I don't need it though.

6 series of what?
Also, why are you ignoring the USB3.0 support that you said the Sandy doesn't have?

>No AVX

>It has AVX

>B-baka I mean AVX2, and instead of standing corrected I'm gonna claim I meant AVX2 from the beginning.
Where are you moving the goalpost?

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080.png (500x490, 22K)

>Also, why are you ignoring the USB3.0 support that you said the Sandy doesn't have?
Because I ain;t the user you were originally talking to.

>6 series of what?
Panther point.

I quoted both of you since I knew one of you posted it.

>Panther point
I don't use Z67 though, and I don't install chipset drivers to begin with.

stallman would argue that it was obsolete since its inception

Stallman is a Jew. That's why he hates AMD.

he believes in democracy and freedom above all else

He's a Jew. No he doesn't. He believes everyone should do as he says.

>I don't use Z67
Z67 doesn't even exist famalam. It's P67 or Z68 for overclockers.

I am simply saying the stuff you mentioned in are not valid concerns because 1) PCIe 3.0 comes from the CPU which requires an Ivy Bridge CPU, and 2) Z68/P67 motherboards also often comes with USB 3.0 via an AsMedia chipset.

antisemitism has proven time and time again to be wrong

No it hasn't. It worked for Germany. They might have lost the war, but killing millions of Jews throughout Europe has made Germany the strongest European nation today that is effectively ruling the European Union like they are the Vatican of antiquity. Meanwhile American is a nation in decline, being ripped apart from the inside by greeding money hungry Jews and banks.

>greeding money hungry Jews and banks.
And a presidential puppet.

but I would say that mark zuckerberg and spielberg have added value to american culture.

>P67 Z68 etc
You get the point. I haven't used those boards so I just typed from what I remembered from memory.
>Z68/P67 motherboards also often comes with USB 3.0 via an AsMedia chipset.
Then it's the same as my Z77.
It comes with ASSMedia as well.

Jow Forums sub-topic
>antisemitism has proven time and time again to be wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=2PygTb3Wk1o

>Meanwhile American is a nation in decline, being ripped apart from the inside by greeding money hungry Jews and banks.
It's the same with Germany as well now, sadly. Just look at how Merkel is the opposite of Hitler.
Hitler LOVED germany, Merkel hates Germany.
youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0dffrSmPI
Antisemitism was good back then and it's even more so now.

Still rockin a i5-2500k

>AVX
>Relevant at all
no

Zuckerberg is gobbling up peoples data and personal information like the SS did.

Spielberg makes films.

There's value in neither. One is creepy. The other is a waste of time.

>art has no value
kek

It doesn't. Other than what it is assigned by people.

recode.net/2014/8/2/11629454/this-post-is-art-framed-Jow Forums-post-sells-for-90900-on-ebay

This. AFAIK you have to swap to an Ivybridge-E to gain PCIE 3 on X79.

>Other than what it is assigned by people.

Critics are what dictates a piece of works value. And critics are gobshites that couldn't make it as professional artists in the medium they spend most of their time critiquing.

>morons who don't understand art
>Talk about art
Amazing

why would a post with reddit spacing sell for that much money?

Critics and connoisseurs are two of the most insufferable sections of society that exist.

There is nothing to understand. You simply judge a piece and choose to like it or not. You must be at high levels of delusion to think otherwise.

Attached: TheEternals.jpg (3000x1150, 446K)

>not 1080p
>not a 7950/7970/280x
You fucked up.

>1366x768
Eternal as in an eternal horror on laptops sure.

>1366
>eternal
So if your ancient processors are eternal mine will truly be it.

Attached: 8.1.jpg (1011x798, 81K)

I just replaced my 2500k last year. Wasn't even that much of an upgrade and I didn't even want to, just couldn't find a decent motherboard replacement for a seven year old chipset.

My Q6600 is still going strok.
My newer 4790k is going to be the same, I hope.

Balanced build, absolutely based.

The absolute madman.
Upgrade to Zen already Jesus Christ, seeing this hurts my soul.

Give me a X470 and Ryzen 2700X and I'll upgrade immediately. Thats why I sold my i7 parts.

Almost TEN YEARS and THREE POWER SUPPLIES later my i7 920 and x58 mobo is till ticking along

Can't be obsolete if you weren't up to date in the first place, eh Intel?

Attached: laughing hoovy.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

Obsolete by haslel

Get yourself a hex core. They run cooler, come with more L3 cache, and unless you get one with a stupid low multiplier or your board is horrid shit, 4ghz is practically guaranteed out of them.

Plus, they're cheap.

I would argue he "hates" Intel more and to be fair he recommended AMD at one point when they were working with Coreboot.

Proud owner of I7 3770K

This thing is gonna last until quantum computers.

lol