Ryzen 3 2200G just shit?

Did I build a horrible computer or does the Ryzen 3 2200G (3.5GHz) just suck? I got a ASRock AB350M Pro4 with it and 2 sticks of DDR4 8GB ram. Does anyone know why im getting such shit frames on a CPU that was supposed to be the "king of budget"?

Attached: Help.jpg (640x480, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130989&cm_re=msi_motherboards-_-13-130-989-_-Product
msi.com/Motherboard/B350M-GAMING-PRO.html
youtube.com/watch?v=vcqu-9Ejf60&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he thought he could get 60 frames on an APU

You need to overclock the shit out of the GPU I've heard for it to be worth while. Also need faster RAM.

I don't know what you're expecting of a low cost APU. It's good for what it is and the price point it sits at it's quite capable. If you expected more, you should have spent more. I would suggest overclocking the GPU if you're looking more fps.

Attached: stopwhining-1058x582.jpg (1058x582, 46K)

I have a GPU dick munch.

you need to set how much ram for video

Can I find that in the BIOS?

OP here agian, I found it seemed to be running from the VEGA 8 Graphics instead of the GPU. How might I change that?

Plug your monitor into the graphics card, not the motherboard

yeah you have a GPU and you're not even using it you retarded nigger

kys

I did that but it is still wanting to run off of the Vega Graphics

Also can you please hop of my dick sir?

if u have a dGPU why the fuck would you get an APU?

It's pretty much impossible for it to run off the apu graphics when you're plugged into the graphics card

great comeback for a 15 year old

if you knew anything about computers you'd know to disable onboard graphics through the bios

Look man I wasn't the one getting all fuckin heated over an innocent question. Go back to /b/.

user.
i don't even.

the gpu is good, but not that good.
i suggest you overclock the ram, gpu and cpu.
ram most important.

i would so i can mine with my real gpu.
latency is lower on the 2200g than 1200.

>mining in 2018

Attached: 436.png (382x346, 170K)

If any of you are still here I think I found out why shit was all wrong. My GPU is not being recognized and even though I have the integrated graphics disabled it still tells me that's the only option (even thought I have an HDMI plugged in).

wiggle it, maybe it's not properly inserted. Also what card is it?

I tried that and still nothing. Also dont castrate me but a GTX 750ti.

Bump

Did you install the drivers?

are you fucking nuts?

For what exactly? The MOBO or the Card?

yeah that's gonna bottleneck like hell, you need something like a 1060 or a RX580 to match the 2200g but anyway, step zero with AM4 boards is to update the BIOS. Look around at the official website and do that. Also, if you can, test your graphics card on another mobo and see if it works.

>mining on an APU

The BIOS is completely updated on version 4.70. And yea that's exactly what I did before all this and it works fine.

Op, do you have one of those 750Ti's that take a 6-pin power connector? If so, did you connect one, niglet?

Nope, i don't have that.

Fucking both? Do you usually install one or the other?

hmm sounds like a faulty mobo, to make sure, if you can, get another graphics card and insert it. It it also fails to be recognized, take that mobo back to the store and ask for a refund.

And GET A FUCKING MSI MOBO. ASScock a shit

Don’t meme him into MSI lol
Just get a asus motherboard. Haven’t failed me so far. MSI on the other hand... but like other user said, make sure you have updated drivers lmao

750Ti is only 40% faster than the Vega 8 chip, you won't see too much difference in gaymen. To put things in perspective, a good 1080p-tier card would be 300-350% faster

I mean before all this it worked pretty well for all I was doing. It could run ARMA 3 on medium graphics and full render distance at around 20-30 fps.

>Reddit spacing
The difference between motherboard brands is marginal when it comes to quality and reliability. What one should really be looking out for is a feature set he likes (e.g. some micro atx MSI boards may have a larger two-slot gap between its 16x and 1x to allow room between a thick card and your accessory).

>assrock
didn’t even read the rest
kys lmao

>that card
>arma3
>Jow Forums
Are you the soyboy streamer from cali I'm thinking about?

N-no!

Im not a soyboy nor am I from cali so I dont think so.

Fuck off retard.

Bump

I've been working as a pc builder/technician since the early '00s (now I do it mostly as a hobby, I'm an IT engineer) and the top 3 shitty mobos BY FAR are:

-Abit (RIP)
-Gigabyte
-ASScock

On the other hand, I have literally NEVER had a faulty MSI mobo/GPU/laptop. As in NOT EVER. And I've been fixing A LOT of shit in the last ~15 years.

Also I have no idea what reddit spacing is and I don't care.

So are there any mobos that you would suggest in particular?

I have the MSI B350M gaming pro right now, it has meme LEDs but still it's a good, cheap mobo. It has some of the best RAM compatibility out there, and that matters with AM4.

What kind of RAM is required? Because for the the "Assrock" I needed to buy DDR4.

Also newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130989&cm_re=msi_motherboards-_-13-130-989-_-Product
That one right?

yeah, all AM4 mobos need DDR4. You can check the mobo's support site for compatibility lists.

msi.com/Motherboard/B350M-GAMING-PRO.html

Ok, not gonna lie you have been the most helpful person on this thread so far. Now if only I got responses like this sooner.

>t. Linus

That's what you getting for buying AMD. Enjoy

Can a mod just start banning low quality threads already?

Just finished a couple of MSI B350M PRO VDH + 2200G builds for a client.

Fucking bullshit board, even with the AMD 2000 ready sticker the fucking D-SUB (client monitors were all 22" 1080P D-Sub only) didn't output a signal till I went out and grabbed a DVI-D monitor, booted into bios, flashed with with the March 15 7A38vAB bios which doesn't even say that it fixes the problem.

I literally sent the full set of computers back to the supplier and they just told me lol it's all working, turns out they never tested the D-SUB port that I specifically told them wasn't outputing video.

The other set of computers with the same exact specs but with an a client requested Asus Prime B350M-A had no such problems, has D-SUB, DVI, HDMI (which the MSI board didn't have.)

Interesting. I’ve heard some first hand accounts from friends about MSI boards and stuff, maybe just really unlucky haha

>GTX 750ti
>wonders why he can't get 60fps on gaymen
>on a 2200G
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. have you ever considered killing yourself?

that's strange, im using the same board right now on my 2200G build and it's working with D-Sub. now, mine doesn't work with a spare DVI-D cable lying around, i dunno maybe my cable is busted or something

The D-SUB works now that the bios is on the 7A38vAB using the same cables and screens the client had that didn't work on the original bios that was on the boards. It was just annoying that it was never mentioned anywhere on the bios page and the supplier never tested with D-SUB.

lol wtf, the vega 8 is better than the 750TI

A couple times yes, its always people like you who tend to actually do it though. Which I am all for by the by.

Bump

LOL the 750Ti is like the same performance as an overclocked 2400G and a bit better than the 2200G.
No wonder you get shitty FPS. Your GPU is garbage and only worth like $25.

>buys discrete graphics
>runs on integrated
>complains

Attached: 1508140016478.png (300x300, 9K)

You notice this whole thread is how to get off integrated right? Or are you just that dense?

is Jow Forums about to meme me into getting an msi board. i have an asrock in my shopping cart

Attached: 1490311359089.png (692x413, 223K)

As i've said before I had pretty good performance on the 750ti and its only now that I am having issues.

don’t do it, it’s shit

MSI has the worst UEFI. Just don't.

ASRock and ASUS are the only motherboards worth buying for AMD.

How about this, does anyone have any good ASUS mobos they can suggest?

but i need a vga port for my monitor, the asrock doesn't have one

Attached: Capture.jpg (1156x162, 28K)

AB350M Pro4 or Pro4/DASH
AB350M-HDV

Been a system builder since the 90's and I can guarantee you're absolutely full of shit. Abit was amazing, it just didn't have any brakes and XTREME overclockers would burn them out, especially the good ol' NF7-S. Asrock is still an amazing manufacturer, they provide the most features for the dollar in whatever price bracket they sit in. Gigabyte is a meme I'll give you that. MSI (aka microstar international) has always been shit, and is buggy shit to this day. Even fucking Biostar is more dependable than an MSI board any day.

Attached: 1495222986983.gif (501x585, 85K)

Fuck bois, the jews have arrived.

What is your RAM speed and what game and what resolution/quality settings?

that doesn't affect anything, it will automatically use as much RAM as it needs

>medium graphics
>20-30fps
this better be fucking bait

You're trying to run an AMD and Nvidia GPU at the same time in the same system, are you really asking why you're having issues with that?

you also won't make any money mining on a GTX 750ti

>that doesn't affect anything, it will automatically use as much RAM as it needs
Only if you used Windows 10.

Why the fuck would you buy an APU when you have a GPU? This is fucking stupid.

Die space is used for the GPU taken away from the CPU. You purposely bought a CPU that's gimped a bit to make room for a GPU.

What the fuck were you thinking?

No nigger, if I were a jew I'd be telling you to buy ASUS ROG cause nothing else will do. I literally mentioned el cheapo brands. When you build and sell systems, you're making boomer internet boxes all day, and rarely do you get a boutique build. I know my cheap shit, I have the eye of the jew, but I'm no fucking heeb.

Attached: 1515899810917.gif (500x333, 150K)

You are the one person in this thread who actually supports ASRock

ASrock makes the best budget AM4 board with the Pro 4, I have an overclocked R7 1700 on one right now.

So would I just be better off taking the 750ti out and using the integrated overclocked graphics?

ANUS Maximus X Hero is nice

The GTX 750ti is still faster in some cases, the APU will be faster in some DX12/Vulkan

Probably sell the GTX 750ti for like $40-80 or something before it's value goes down, GT 1030s are going for like $100+ still I think and that's it's performance bracket.

I'm not a store technician, just a Cybercafe owner. so for 15 years I got experience for multiple mobos.
Here the list of shitty mobo that always breakdown in the first couple months.
>Biostar
>Abit
>ECS

Long lasting one that barely broken except for factory defect.
>Gigabyte
>Asus
>MSI

Never got the chance to tried Asrock.
You guys might be building shit for home user where most of them only used IE or light gaming, meanwhile my place got over than 80 units of shit running from the old WC3 to recently PUBG and my cybercafe is open for 24 hours a week.

I learned shit that I would never trust a PC store technician anymore because their expeirence mostly came from normies who used their PC at least 4 hours a day.

Attached: xin_580604141530351662049.jpg (380x259, 88K)

I should have gone with Asus if you want better components. asrock for cheapskate but werks.

Except I'm not. nice try though.
I wanted an Asrock, but I was too late for stock on launch and had to settle for a Biostar. It's fine now, but all boards were shit before bios updates. It was worth it for the free 240 GB SSD.

> shit frames
> "king of budget"?
> budget
That's self-explanatory. A budget system will perform like one. Just can get a lot of fun out of your box with your GTX 750ti, though, just reduce the quality settings in games to something like "medium" instead of "high". My nephew has a APU that's weaker than yours (older generation AMD) and a Radeon 7850 and he plays some games at 60 FPS on 1440p - just not with the highest settings.

Also, your APU will probably perform better if you manage to use your graphics card because the CPU part of it will have better thermal headroom. You should be able to choose which to use in the BIOS somewhere.

>Im not a soyboy
Face it, you don't lift, you can't even bench four plates. Don't fool yourself.

Asus is the only one I really like of those on your list. I've had good experience with MSI but there are some odd bugs with some of their boards. And Gigabyte.. what the hell happened to them. I've had several of their Aorus boards fail after just a few months. Older Gigabyte boards never causes a single problem, they used to be a solid stable long-lasting choice. Now it's all about them leds and fancy IO covers. What a disgrace.

what are the voltages and clock speed? what about RAM frequency?

>>>/sqt/

Like I said any suggestions for Asus mobos?

I never own Gigabyte anymore after my last upgrade, so I can't comment about their recent hardware.
I also stop using ASUS because they tried to jew me over their sponsor program.

I'm using MSI now after some other Cybercafe owner recommended me, but I wished I waited for Ryzen.

Attached: Capture.png (1328x729, 182K)

My shop used primarily MSI boards. In my experience they were good for taking it out of the box and using, but overclocking on them always fucking sucked. Shitty UEFI options for overclocking, and smartfan settings that only go 0/25/50/75/100%.

I fucking hated them but for whatever reason my shop hated asus everything.

1.375V 3800-3850mhz can't remember which, 2933mhz from the XMP of 3200mhz, haven't tried updating the BIOS yet to get 3200mhz though, the timings are probably just the issue in hitting it.

Can always upgrade to Ryzen 6 cores on the relative cheap sometime in the future. When did you guys buy the 1050tis? Was that just a power thing? If it was back when the RX 470 was just $20 more that would be a poor choice IMO.

>any suggestions for Asus mobos
Not really. The only latest generation board I have experience with is PRIME B350M-A for AM4 with Ryzen 1600's. Those are pretty cheap, I'd probably buy something more expensive for a personal build.

youtube.com/watch?v=vcqu-9Ejf60&t=1s

It's not a component problem it's a problem with their shit BIOS.

I got a 1700x Asus Prime X370-Pro and it won't go over 3.825ghz even if I push 1.4+v, it does 3.825ghz @ 1.363v.

Also fucking spectre is still not patched on the latest 3805 bios

Around two years ago, shit still really cheap back then.

470 is a good deal, but yeah I choose 1050ti because it draw less power.