What are languages that are as "low level " as C but aren't C or C++ or anything

What are languages that are as "low level " as C but aren't C or C++ or anything

What are C's level brothers

Attached: 1480477348879.jpg (692x494, 100K)

fortran is the only one some people still use that I can think of off the top of my head

Fortran, PL/I, Rust, Ada

Fortran is rather high level, just not as high as modern high levels.

You have no idea what youre talking about. Fortran has pointers, memory allocation, everything C has except all the stupid unchecked arrays, null delimited strings, basically its C without C's stupidity

Ada. Not sure if I'd say that it's as low level as C, but some very dedicated folks have used it on microcontrollers. It has really nice type safety and support for modular design. For example, if you were handling a temperature sensor, you could declare Celsius and Fahrenheit types as subtypes of natural numbers. If you had a variable of type Celsius and tried to use it in place of a variable of type Fahrenheit, the compiler would detect it. It's a verbose and robust language.

Except no curlies

>no curlies
this
any language worth its weight in salt uses curly bois

It's still by definition a high level language. Fortran has a bunch of bullshit of its own anyway.

C is by definition a high level language

What even are the levels
Are cobol and fortran same

>what languages can inline ASM?

FORTH
It's lower than C, but higher than assembly

Anything "higher level" than assembly is "high level".

That's really cool user.

Won't argue that.

Yes but what about black hat ada

/thread

There are two. Just low-level and high-level.
Both fortran and cobol are high level languages.

Pascal

Come on stop being an idiot you're that semantic piece of shit going C is high level you're like first year undergrad bad
Suck my fucking dick dude

>being this mad at the truth

brainfuck

Anything above Assembly is high level. This includes C.

Suck my cock

baito desu

Brainfuck is God's native tongue

forth

>null delimited strings,
its almost an universal way to delimit string you fucking idiot.

Holy C

Attached: sBJG8sT.jpg (1294x478, 60K)

show me one language that does it besides C/C++

You have no idea what you are talking about.

C, do people forget what pragmas and intrinsic functions are?

Rust

binary

Wait what?
I always thought Assembly languages were low level and everything else was high.

By your stupid definition then modern assembly is high level and only shit like 6502 counts as low level.

Haskell and C are worlds apart, and I'd say C is closer to an assembly language than Haskell. Treating this as a binary distinction is a mistake.

Pascal

Fortran

>All those retards who think C is low level in any way

Mesa
not even OP thought that, apparently

This

javascript

Fortran and Cobol are of similar age but have different focuses.
Ada is from ~1980 and is basically a defense contractor language.

Newer languages that seek to be better versions of C (compiled, non-GC'd systems languages without too many new paradigms) include Nim, Zig, and Jai, and probably a ton of other shit I've forgotten.

underrated

Rust is the only option if you don't want to deal with some archaic technology

Python