>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones

Recent News:
>Honor View 10 Review
phonearena.com/reviews/Honor-View-10-Review_id4507
>T-Mobile announces Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ BOGO
phonearena.com/news/T-Mobile-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-Oreo_id103724
>More evidence suggests LG Q7 may be launched alongside the G7 flagship
phonearena.com/news/More-evidence-suggests-LG-Q7-may-be-launched-alongside-G7-flagship_id103722
>Would you buy a phone with a notch if you could hide the notch?
xda-developers.com/would-you-buy-phone-hide-display-notch/

Previous →

Attached: 1515935321621.jpg (5030x7101, 3.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-letv-le-3-pro-x27
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-letv-le-max-2-6gb-64gb
m.mymarket.ge/ka/product/11553600
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So, MiA1, yay or nay?

buy galaxy today

Attached: galaxys.jpg (1200x851, 330K)

Nice user, hope you get to enjoy with a tenderly female body too.

Yeah, I flashed something tiny and it didnt do anything, and everything still fine, but it allowed me to use fastboot oem unlock-go command and that worked fine, though it reset the phone and lost user data, and set up from scratch, oops, rooted and running some diskdigger in root to see if i can get back the photos i didnt copy over previously.

I received my blue S9 yesterday. Got a 220€ Samsung employee discount.

Im honestly just looking at the LeEco's at this point and debating if an SD card is necessary. Not just that, but the tear down shows the LCD screen is the first thinh that comes out to open the phone... meaning screen replacement would be easy af.

NFC + 4000mah (also super cheap)
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-letv-le-3-pro-x27

No NFC, 3000mah
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-letv-le-max-2-6gb-64gb

I wanna get a smartphone dedicated to emulating NDS games with DraStic emulator for Android.

I am debating between Huawei Y7 (Qualcomm SD 435 CPU + Adreno 505 GPU) and Honor 9 Lite (Kirin 659 CPU, Mali T830 MP2 GPU), which one will be more efficient and better for long term usage?

On the one hand, Kirin 659 is a 16nm chip, which is supposedly more efficient and less prone to heating than Qualcomm SD 435 chip which is a 28nm chip.

On the other hand, I hear Mali T830 is a weak GPU, so I am concerned it may drain the battery quicker despite the better 16nm process

However, I was told that for EMULATORS, unlike regular games, the CPU is a lot more essential than the GPU, so a weaker GPU shouldnt really matter for DraStic emulation.

Any ideas which should I choose?

Which one is Jow Forums approved? The price point will be the same?

Attached: duvidacruel.jpg (582x344, 117K)

Buy Xiaomi

Buy a nds with a flashcart

So, is the oneplus 5t the best mid-ranger with great battery life a stock android ?

Well the Moto will have updates. But you're spending $300 for a phone that will piss you off in the span of 12 months and realize you could have spent $400-500 on something that will actually last years

Help me decide, mi mix 2 mi mix 2s or nokia 7 plus?

$900 iPhone X. If not that just make sure you're getting 18:9 in 2018

I would go for the nokia. Nice stock android, quality... Mix 2 has shitty battery life iirc, also no updates.

lol nice meme

Is there any phone out there that is like the XZ1 Compact?

WHY DID SONY FORSAKE US?!?!?!

Foss launcher?

You say meme now but if you like having a bulky phone and no notch that will be your preference. Eventually that will feel outdated and annoying.

that onahole any good? almost bought the loli one but bottled it

XZ1 Compact?

I prefer having a heterosexual-looking phone thanks.

>first phone was iPhone 4
>Motorola and LG android ever since
>bought 256GB iPhone 8 for $650 total brand new during sale

iOS has stepped its game up quite a bit. Shame about the battery and lack of simple controls that android has. Changing different volumes would be nice from the UI instead of deep in the settings menu. Being able to have a shortcut on the lock screen to open different apps would be nice (besides the control center which is gimped to only specific system apps)

Guys, dumb and simple question here:
Does the Google Camera has the option to take pictures in square mode?

>first phone was iphone 4
You need to be 18+ to use this website.

I was 21 in 2010 when I got my first smartphone, before that I had a motorola brick

Looking at the s9+ lads but is the snapdragon version worth it without root? Even if I get an exynos version, is it worth tripping Knox and possibly not being able to trade it in years later ?

Oh shit psa for xiaomeme, don't update to miui 9, battery are complete trash, I'm on 9.2 stable btw, 4 hour screen on battery already at 40%.

Bump.

I know there are better options but among these, which one is better?

Some people say Xiaomi is able to sell their phones so much cheaper than competition, because they use lower quality materials than, say Huawei.

Is this true? One guy also claims Xiaomi phones are harder to repair because once you open them something always breaks.

Please don't give me alternative options. Just help me choose between these two.

What are my options with a Galaxy S8 with a broken screen (possible water damage), and USB debugging *NOT* already enabled?

I want to just wipe it/remove the google lock before I flip it as-is on ebay, so I was thinking fastboot and adb commands. But it didn't have USB debugging on before the screen shit itself so I can't enable it now, and on top of that, can't tell how long to hold vol down + power to get it to download mode in the first place. It does a short vibration after holding it for ~8 seconds, but as far as I can tell the phone either restarts normally (back into android home), or just stays on.

Attached: samsung_galaxy_s8_stiftung_warentest_1493901413034[1].jpg (800x407, 36K)

Can anyone identify what phone it is on pictures?
Don't mind the moonrunes
m.mymarket.ge/ka/product/11553600

thats a fake LOL

got a little excited for a moment. Thanks.
I didn't even know they made fakes of mediocre phones. What the fucking point?

What do you guys think of the Vivo Apex?
Obviously with a motorized camera there are always breakage concerns not to mention waterproofing is probably thrown out the window.
But its SOOOO close to being the slab of glass future phone I want, add the underscreen fingerprint reader and I love it.
After just being called a concept for a few weeks they said it would be sold later this year, my current phones battery is fucked so I'm tempted to bang around with a cheapo phone like umidigi s2 or something till the end of the year.

Attached: p3450095-1024x768_800x450.jpg (800x450, 51K)

Update: I realized the phone didn't have wifi or data since the SIM was removed. So I put the old SIM in, it has data now from AT&T, and google Find My Device sees it.

Just wiped it so I guess I'm good to just throw it up on ebay.

I bought the Mi A1 around 4 months ago. Very happy with it. The camera is surprisingly decent, battery life however worsened once i updated to Oreo. The 64gb ROM and 4gb RAM are plenty and I never feel like I'll run out, however the RAM isn't great at keeping apps in memory, some still restart even if you have plenty of free ram. The metal body is a bonus.

I was picking between the Moto G5 and the Mi A1, and since they were both around the same price here, the guaranteed android updates for the Mi A1 for the next multiple years sold it for me, not to mention bigger internal storage, and a dual camera.

For 220eu (where I live at least) you can't go wrong.

Keep in mind, battery life, even if a bit worse on Oreo, is still very good, just that on 7.0.0 it was excellent.

>32GB Internal Mem
>3GB RAM
>MediaTek Helio X20
>Android 6.0
>150 USD
Did I do good for 150?
I might only use this for memebook's messenger to contact normies, some shitty mobile gaem while outdoors and reading manga.

Attached: KodakEktra.jpg (2500x2500, 628K)

How $150 it's been $90-100 for months

But every which way you hold that phone you're going to be touching the screen and icons, it will always be interfering.

I'm on a Nexus 5X, and it still feels fast, but the 2GB RAM is starting to be a limitation. Is the Pixel 2 XL a good buy, now that they've (apparently) sorted out the screen issues, or should I hold on for now and hope the Pixel 3 is better?

Bump.

Is the zenfone 3 zoom a good choice or does someone have any suggestions for a sub 400 dollar phone that's got a good battery life, a decent camera that performs better than the droid turbo 2 and decent cpu/gpu? Band 4 is necessary.

Is this true for every smartphone, or only for stock Nougat and stock Oreo?

I'd lean towards CPU over GPU for emulation. I don't know if there are benchmarks for smartphone GPUs only, but I know Geekbench has results for the CPUs. If they're roughly equal, get the Kirin due to 16nm.

i can only get a phone on bestbuy and this seems the only good stuff on it around that price

Attached: Screenshot_20180401-083613.jpg (1335x928, 112K)

its (((10))) cores

You could have just used an USB mouse.

Mi A1 or Honor 7x?

Yeah but I couldn't see the screen lel. And didn't have any screen mirroring apps already installed

Ah I though only the touchscreen was fucked.

Mi A1 is much cheaper for 64GB vs 64GB, has USB C, and comes with Android 8. has more LTE bands, etc.

This version of the Huawei doesnt have NFC sadly

Is there a good anti theft/remote wipe FOSS application?

Prey?
Can't remember

Whats the best undelete root app to recover from userdata partition?

I also have a dd image of it, but I dont know how to mount it.

Okay finally something going my way... looks like everything is backed up on my mi account... 20gb of data and photos.

Add a Remote Activated Composition C
Whenever you got your phone stolen,
just activate it and everything on the thief's hand would be wiped out.
>pic related

Attached: Remotechip.png (381x347, 258K)

Can anyone with an S9+ vouch for battery life? I had an S9 that I returned because the battery life was hot fucking garbage but I actually really liked the rest of the phone, so I was wondering if a Plus was better.

Okay, I am looking at the following roms for my Redmi Note 3 Pro

AOSP Extended *mod* for RMN3P
Cosmic OS
AOSiP

With google camera HDR+ port

They're all 8.1.0

I should mention, I dont know which to pick, as I am unsure of what differences they would make to me.

Finally upgrading my crappy piece pf shit iPhone 6, and using an android for the first time. I'm wanting a Samsung Galaxy, but I'm torn between the s8 and s9. Don't care for the plus. I'm leaning toward s8 because there isn't a huge difference besides the camera (which the quality of the camera isn't a deal breaker to me), AR emoji (which I don't care about), and finger print scanner difference (I do like). There's a 10 bucks difference between getting the s8 and s9 but I'm kind of a poor fag.

Also worth just trading my iPhone 6 to AT&T or selling somewhere else? My brother got like 60 for his when he upgraded his phone.

Attached: 18.jpg (300x216, 83K)

No you won't, the screen doesn't wrap around any sides like the Galaxy phones, it has bezels, they are just small.

I want a good android but I don't want to go Samsung, what should I do?
I'm ausfag

Sony or HTC

It's generally shit on the S9, same as the S8

Thanks fren I'll have a look

I have more than $800 to spend on a nice phone. What would you recommend?

Attached: 12snapshot_18.05.png (1920x1080, 2.39M)

What are the chances a phone with a SD845 and no notch for less cost than Mi Mix 2S releases within 45 days?

>got Redmi Note 4 less than a week ago
>everything is fine
>starts to crash at brave browser loading webms
>crashes at loading reicast
I'm getting scared

Attached: 510e34cc2d55169f7c9da92ad9025365b8e35c1f31b31db89bce2cc87d02a1ca.png (495x495, 354K)

Zero.

It's there a FOSS call recorder?
>inb4 illegal
It's legal where I live, and I need it for legal reasons.

Attached: queen_of_asmr.webm (800x478, 1.93M)

Excellent

Britany has no fucking muscles. Anyways, I saw one on F-Droid.

>Decide to turn old Galaxy Note 4 into a strict music player for high-quality files
>Use System App Remover to remove everything I possibly can that won't break things
>293 system apps before gutting - 43 when finished
>Still at 1GB RAM usage when idle

I knew TW was bloated but, Jesus.

Does /spg/ have a prefered app for recording live conversations with your phone secretly?

Can I get a tip of a newly released phone with Oreo and decent specs that has something close to stock android as much as possible?

Cant get a Pixel 2 here.

Attached: 04230+243.jpg (820x1100, 84K)

Nokia 8 / Nokia 7 Plus

holy shit the price of Nokia 8 looks cool. i wished there was a black one though.

There's an updated Nokia 8 coming out soon called the Nokia 8 Sirocco that's all black, but it's probably going to be $700+

It is pretty much an alternative Google pixel too, it's got a Samsung style curved OLED screen and stock Android.

I'd buy it if I didn't know it will be super expensive.

Is it safe to use a wireless charger made of wood as a drink coaster?

I currently have a Nexus 5x, been feeling the need to upgrade since the phone is a bit old, I've been thinking about getting a Galaxy S7 edge or maybe spend a bit more for a Galaxy s8. Any thoughts? I only used my phone for it's GPS, music and basic websurfing. I don't watch videos/ play games at all.

does installing microg have any negative effects? i rooted all my phones before but i fucked up my huawei by installing the non-root version of vanced

in that case a mid range phone would be good enough

I installed microG on a rooted phone and on one that wasn't rooted and it didn't do anything different.

I just want something to read manga, any recommendations?

I'm sure micro g will remove stock play services, if not check installed apps. Don't know if u can run both 2 play services and micro g at the same times.

iPad :^)

what's a good twitter app?

A phone user not a tablet

Mi Max 2

Thanks, hopefully the battery won't charge for hours to fill

So far we have the iCunt X and its victims:

Huawei P20
OnePlus 6

What other phones have retarded, non-linear screens with a dick at the top?

Attached: huawei-p20.png (883x661, 694K)

LG phones apparently

It's got Quick Charge 2 or 3.0 so it doesn't take hours.

t. Mi Max 2 owner

>I'm sure micro g will remove stock play services
Nah, it doesn't remove them in my experience. I was logged into my YouTube account with vanilla YouTube, installed microG and YouTube Vanced, and I was able to log in with the same account with no issues.