What scripts/bots have you written to automate your work/life?

Attached: 1522267953306.jpg (603x324, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/BarneyGumball/poe-gem-pricer/blob/master/src/GemPricer.py
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd love to write a bot that would collapse shitposts like this

Why are you not doing it?

im too lazy

I write bundlers all the time to automatically compile shit for me, or to handle custom metaprogramming instructions for me.

because every single language on this planet is retarded.

Script that runs rsynch to do backup. Really great oneliner.

Not much.
Most recent thing I can think of is a batch that deletes a temporary nvidia shader cache file whenever I launch black desert online. Otherwise I would get microstutter

I make a lot of scripts that run as cron jobs. Some are backups, some are log forwarding and disk usage reports. It depends on what the system is used for and how mission critical it is.

Attached: FB_IMG_1520447143979.jpg (500x455, 54K)

A script in ruby to crawl iafd. It lists new double anal scenes since the last time I ran it. After writing that out, I think I should do something else with my life

I have a bunch of powershell shit i built to make work easier. There's a CLI for managing our VMware environment, built scripts for checking and pushing vmware tools updates, managing drs groups etc.

There's one i just built for monitoring and logging clock sync values on a couple of our production servers, running it over the weekend to see behavior during an intermittent auth/connection issue.

Everything i build is rough as hell but I'm proud of it. I'm like a 3 year old doing paintings and being super excited, except I'm old enough to realize they're shit.

This image always make me laugh out loud. My wife is yelling at me for some random shit right now and this picture just fucking saved me. Cheers op.

Python script that checks for duplicate images in my reaction images folder (or any arbitrary image folder) and prunes the most recent duplicate(s). Also a script that renames all files in a directory to unix timestamps according to their creation date.

I wish I was smart enough to make a discord bot

I made a script to "daemonize" commands, since I'm too much of a brainlet to make services that auto-restart.

Also a bunch of other things, such as a script to send me the arguments in a private matrix channel. I use it for all sorts of things, from getting exchange rates to checking the status of my raid array.

Lastly, a script that will output the diff of an html page from the last time it was checked. That one's super useful.

literally installed nodemon for my nodejs app 15 minutes ago so I don't have to restart the server by hand every time I make a change

Last script I wrote would pull one of my Path of Exile inventory pages filled with 144 gems and then scrape the trade website to see if any were roughly above an arbitrary price I set.

Saved a fair bit of time desu.

Right now I'm using my daily script that has sadpanda auto torrent download (after click), some manga site auto "show all pages" combined.

Haven't felt the need to do anything else yet.

uh, user, that's what my wife does for me

Automate ref image creation with powershell + hyper-v

also automated languagepack injection into install.wim

other than that, nothing except odd shit for some customers.

Linux noob here, would you please share it?

It just hashes them and compares or actually see the image difference regardless of size and compression?

Can you share?

Systemd can handle all of this for you.

My job is mainly automating things at work. I generally use Python or Ruby. Sometimes it’s big complex problems and sometimes it’s simple 100 line scripts.

Things that might be of interest that I’ve worked for my own personal use lately, script that pulls stats from deluge and sends them to influxdb, which is then used for my grafana dashboard. A script that pulls stats from the IPT site and also sends them to influx. A script that checks for deluge downloads that contain rar files, if some are found it will delete the extracted files. This is run as a post processor since Sonarr and Radarr don’t handle rar files.

well then they wouldn't be the same image would they dipshit

Wow there edgy lord. Yes actually it would.

You don't fucking remember every 1000 images you have on your reaction folder do you? Sometimes I save a image that I already have but sometimes in different dimension.

Guy you're replying to here. Yeah, I just hash then compare. I briefly played around with more sophisticated means of detecting similar images, but got too many false positives for my liking.

github.com/BarneyGumball/poe-gem-pricer/blob/master/src/GemPricer.py

Just update the details at the top with your account details (and change league to 'Bestiary' assuming you're playing the latest league).

It'll also spit out a few of the top listings if the gem's average price is high enough, but typically I'll only see between 2-10 gems with any value so I'll just manually price check them to be sure.