Linux BTFO once more, how does it feel to be in the loser site of the story?

Linux BTFO once more, how does it feel to be in the loser site of the story?

Attached: steam_redpilled.png (953x280, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!cVF23TRR!oWCzqSsiHlhF0bfiycMRWQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

steam machines didn't fail because it ran linux

Q predicted this.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: stallman.jpg (3504x2336, 2.7M)

it did, very few wanted to port their games to Linux, is like if they released Linux users are a bunch ob broken NEETs

>is like if they released Linux users

What did he mean by this?

The issue is that nobody sold steam machines because they were overpriced minicomputers and didn't have the compatibility advantage that consoles have, making them literally pointless. Moreover steam spent $0 on marketing: the one thing that makes or breaks a console in the market.

>Linux users are a bunch of oh broken NEETs
Sounds like the perfect demographic to sell video games to.

Attached: 1521539360522.jpg (804x931, 362K)

Attached: f067925f023c67cfa90c094e34bf0bce36f6cf0449e8723cc2ecec20f4cf319b.gif (320x162, 971K)

Steam still works fine on Linux and there's never been a time where more games support Linux by default due to all the big game engines supporting it.

People don't make steam machines anymore so of course they're getting delisted.

Oh my god I can't play gaymz, I'm such a looser from your 12 Yr old point of view. Jeeez why do computers exist if you can't play gaymz? I'm gonna kill myself right now. Thanks for opening my eyes.
And one more thing, when puberty finally hits you, games and computers won't be important and interesting like pussy... Who knew?

Consoles use Linux

Guys, while a lot of this might be complete autism, I personally think that in this day and age, calling it GNU/Linux actually has some real meaning. There is this little thing called Android, and it uses the Linux kernel, but the rest of the components are non-GNU. Some are even proprietary! However, I have seen normies make the dangerously misleading claim that "Android is Linux!" It technically is, as it uses the Linux Kernel, but it shares nothing else with GNU/Linux distros, particularly their respect for your freedoms.
Because of this, we should say GNU/Linux, so as not to confuse it with the botnet that is Android, or other such projects. By saying GNU/Linux, we make it clear that yes, we are using Linux, but we are also using Free Software.

No, they don't. PS3/PS4 run something based on FreeBSD, while Xboxes run stripped down versions of Windows and Nintendo develops their own shit.

It should be just GNU, not GNU/Linux (just like android is just android, not android/linux, and it's windows, not windows/NT, and OSX, not OSX/Darwin)

I unironically read it and lol, the text is a strawman: nobody wants to call the kernel GNU/Linux. Lmao how braindead must one be to post this pic as argument.

>Linux BTFO
>because a game developer who doesn't even know how to develop games anymore coded an OS as shit as it coded Steam which is a pile of shit in terms of coding
WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT?
This is why you don't allow 3rd party retards to code shit, you take straight from the Linux community, you become the 3rd party between them and game developers, you set a fucking revenue and give them offices, you allow them to communicate with the rest of the Linux community as well, and you get them as many rights to hardware schematics and hardware company support as possible, and then you have a specialized OS.
Then you market it properly when it is ready.
The fucking opposite of what Valve did.

>Stallman never sent the original "I'd just like to interject" text

They are just going to announce the stable version

Attached: 1520890348357.jpg (229x231, 25K)

switch os is also FreeBSD based

in fairness, you even have complete garbage nongnu meme linux distros now too, further making the distinction meaningful.

Munch on my GNU/balls

>because a game developer who doesn't even know how to develop games anymore coded an OS
All they did was make a console GUI and slap it on top of Debian.

Playing dark souls 3 on my linux laptop now with DXVK.

The time has come.

Attached: 1519171581091.png (875x1010, 264K)

Linux seems like a cool guy, doesn't afraid of anything.

It mentions FreeBSD on its license, but scene hackers are saying it's just an improved version of 3DS OS so I dunno

Why would anyone on an 18+ site care about video games? That's just pathetic.

Says the nerd posting on a anime website

Did I hurt your feelings, gamer?

>broken NEETs
Those are the only kind of people who play video games

I'd just like to interject for a moment. You're a fat, ugly, toe fungus eating loser who's trying to take credit because you made a tool chain. Why don't we just prefix Linux with all of the contributing projects? Go work on your failed GNU Hurd kernel faggot.

Did I hurt your feelings, weeb?

Why are gamers so defensive about their little toys?

Gamers are fat and smelly and got bullied in school

The only one being defensive here is you, a dumb weeb that think he can judges anyone. You are scum of the society.

Why can't I judge people who play with toys?

Because you are a manchildren yourself, and you know it. You are just trying to find some group you can hate on so you can give any meaning to your pathetic life. Compensation at its finest.

Which is all Unix philosophy

You can judge whoever you want, your judgement will still be meaningless.

Linux is not unix

mega.nz/#F!cVF23TRR!oWCzqSsiHlhF0bfiycMRWQ

Steam machine failed because PC gamers don't buy fucking prebuilt hardware

>FreeBSD
they use cuckBSD due to the cuck BSD-license.

and what does this have to do with linux

How does Valve removing a pre-built computer from their store BTFO Linux? It's not like they removed the GNU/Linux steam client or stopped supporting games. I'm actually shocked it didn't happen sooner with RAM and GPU prices being what they are. Think about it, can you build a PC that's comparable to the Playstation 4 PRO in the same price-class? You'd have to sell it at a huge loss and Valve can't do that.

>People don't make steam machines anymore
We can try, though, and see how realistic it is to do so. Pick a small-formfactor case, a PSU, a motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU that would be considered acceptable in terms of performance and see were you're at and compare that to the price of a console. It doesn't work, even if you somehow assume you can get the GPUs at MSRP.

There's quite a few videos with Linus that show him as someone who stands by his values and doesn't care if young SJW's boo him. There's one where he's with the Debian developers and they say bu-hu you're rude on the mailing list and Linus just shrugs it off and explains that his respect must be earned, you don't get it and can't demand it just by showing up. He also point out that if you submit bad code then you deserve to hear that it's bad, you can't just whine and demand to get it included. Linux has a future as long as he's in charge - unlike FreeBSD which is doomed. Here's a clue for FreeBSD: Code Of Conduct doesn't compile into executables.

i don't know what "the steam machine section" is

or does, sorry.

I you won't find out cause Linux just got BTFO

heh, haven't opened steam in a while now

Attached: a.png (414x300, 26K)

protip: if valve had based their steam machines on windows they would have failed nonetheless.

>We can try, though, and see how realistic it is to do so. Pick a small-formfactor case, a PSU, a motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU that would be considered acceptable in terms of performance and see were you're at and compare that to the price of a console. It doesn't work, even if you somehow assume you can get the GPUs at MSRP.
The form factor failed, who wants that? It's not competitive to either a console or a thin-client steam-link-type-thing for the living room use-case.

The steam controller failed just as hard as steamboxes, which was an important part of the concept.

Look at this guy. So grown up. Mommy must be proud.

No idea what the fuss is all about, there are tons of Linux games on Steam. The best game engines support Linux, so it's mostly a matter of developer laziness to produce a build. And if there's no Linux version, you can just pretend to be a Windows, run Windows Steam, install Windows games and run them with pretty rare issues. If the game was not made by tech degenerates, it will run on Wine perfectly.

That's because they're making their own console. They removed the competitors to maximize profit.

>People don't make steam machines anymore
Ataribox

>Ataribox
typical atari, can't keep up with the times

Stallman is a fat fucking nigger!

How long will microsoft allow steam on windows?

yeah that's why they buy gaystations and shitboxes

>reminder that Valve has made a store with auto updates and some successful games
>people praise them as being "the best" and tech geniuses even though every other venture they've tried has failed

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

hahahahaha

freetards btfo

Eh, it doesn't really matter. Steam on Linux is still big.

Steam controllers were supposedly very good, the issue is they only advertised prior to launch and then didn't say a peep about any of the steam hardware.

What you're actually saying is that it failed because it doesn't run windows.

> removing games from a timesharing system built for servers and general use computing
fuck

Moderate chuckle at underrated post.

>computers are only good for muh gayemz and nothing else
Go back to /v/.

Attached: 1521829282683.jpg (657x527, 38K)

No one said that