FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK...

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
I hope at least my meme folder is not gone

Attached: FUCK.png (594x693, 78K)

>WD

Attached: photostudio_1522517549032.png (368x367, 67K)

Good thing you bought WD since those never fail.

Hope you keep backups user.

I was fucking years ago when I got my pc from local store and didn't know anything about this shit

>storing data on hdd
>not hashing and encrypting hashed 0s and 1s in ur mind

if there is god - Thank you, you fucker

Attached: HDTunePro_2018-03-31_20-38-08.png (594x693, 67K)

you can say the same thing about literally every HDD maker

It going to fail next boot keep it running till then and grab something else

Use ddrescue on linux to image your drive.
Keep a logfile.

You may be able to recover everything.

Use ddrutility to find the damaged files afterward.

Use BTRFS from now on.

Stop fucking error checking and start a ddrescue from linux NOW
The more you read the more you have a chance of more data getting fucked
Start moving shit off of there this second.

sprinrite that bitch
clone it to a new drive

yah, next time buy seagate from amazom with Rescue plan. it costs 9.99 for two years od coverage and they will do data recovery, put the recovered data in a brand new portable hdd and mail you warranty return of broken harddrive. if you aint got a plan you'll pay $&50 LOL. Don't be a goat fucker.

Attached: 31Hz4Wdi9tL.jpg (450x187, 16K)

I have an old WD laptop drive I took out and turned it into an external backup drive. One of the best HDDs I've had, very fast, 9 years old and has zero bad sectors. Still going strong.

The laptop has travelled a lot and been thrown around quite a bit. Pic related.

Attached: IMG_7175.jpg (2736x3648, 3.77M)

Grab a livecd and fire up ddrescue.
You are damaging your data by doing that scan.

>Spinrite
Proprietary garbage that will do more harm than good.

Ok, thanks anons. I'll do that right now

that's a werid minesweeper

Drivelet

Yeah, same as me but mine is WD Scorpio Black. Took it out from my old laptop and turned it into External drive. 7 years old and still running. Too bad its 500GB.

Attached: Western-Digital-Scorpio-Black-500GB-7200RPM-16MB-Cache-SATA-II-30Gbs-Laptop-Notebook-Hard-Drive-.jpg (1000x1000, 184K)

Uhh...

It's okay user just restore from your backups

Attached: images(2).jpg (270x187, 8K)

At least it's not Seagate.

Attached: seagate.png (586x509, 33K)

All electronics fail, smartass.

There's a deal on slickdeals for a 3TB drive on amazon for like $65

good luck

They don’t, at least if you take care of them properly. You probably ruined it somehow with your unsteady greasy hands. Never ONCE have any of my WD devices failed or even gotten so much as a bad sector.

The first block is damaged? Isn't that where your fucking MBR is located?

>Scorpio Blue
Had one die in months. Damn HDDs being hit and miss

>34782648 Viruses found on your Computer

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What these guys said but add testdisk to the recovery options

Why have there been multiple threads about dead hard drives lately? (I just had two drives die too) what the fuck is going on here

It's over, your data's gone

Attached: IMG_20180331_121013-scaled.jpg (1800x1350, 965K)

My 160gb Scorpio black just died a sudden clicky death and became unrecognized in disk management

Always take an image first, but Spinrite has legitimately saved my ass before.

It works best on the occasional bad sector though. With 30% of his disk shitting it'll probably take weeks to run and do nothing.

shieeet

Attached: file.png (578x514, 69K)

lol

Spinrite just reads repeatedly and rewrites the data back to disk, allowing the firmware to reallocate.

You can do the same thing, while being able to read your data and mount your partition, by remounting RO and ddrescuing the disk to itself.

They claim all sorts of magic about how it regenerates disks but it's nothing you can't do in ddrescue and ddrutility.

Or you can just use a BTRFS mirror and not give a fuck.

> Shitgate

fuggggggggg

Attached: file.png (578x870, 94K)

>FUCK
I don't get it. What's stopping you from restoring your files from your backup?

Attached: shouko unknown face.png (460x420, 149K)

Attached: westerndigitaldrivefailure.png (586x509, 33K)

>They claim all sorts of magic about how it regenerates disks but it's nothing you can't do in ddrescue and ddrutility.
Be interdasted to see if this is true - got spinrite years ago, it's saved data for me more than a few times.

Props to SG for getting something so small to live boot originally without freedos and do what it does with int13 etc.

But yeah for OP I'd mirror with dd then try ddrutil or testdisk as I've mentioned.

>backup

Attached: 136925242111.gif (400x229, 1020K)

Wow there are like 4 hard drive makers, all with some issues. WD having a good reputation.
Fuck that ey lets just buy what?

>Use BTRFS from now on.
Pretty sure OP would rather not lose data in the future.

oh shit and i am about to jump the gun on a seagate barracuda 4tb...is it safe?

God works in mysterious ways. Sometimes he helps, sometimes he challenges you to help yourself. However God can't use a computer so idk how the hell he managed that lawl.

I've had this drive for over 4 years, no issues whatsoever - its been my main storage drive for years now.

Attached: WD drive results.png (1911x984, 66K)

>THREE st3000dm001's
ayyyyyyy

This HD was a WD Blue tho

It does this, but when the disk can't get a read it won't reallocate. Spinrite will sit on a sector for hours trying to get the data of it, and a lot of the time the read will pass checksum after hitting it 285623 times. It will also occasionally work on disks that don't mount, so that's nice. It is absolutely a last resort though.

Also
>btrfs
>Not ZFS
>Not GlusterFS
>Not storing terabytes of anime reactions on a private geo-distributed Ceph cluster.

Things like this are instances where God could mess with things with 100% chance of not getting caught. If I were in His shoes, I'd throw a little red at OP in an attempt to light a fire under him to rethink his data storage.

you took the bait

>unironically suggesting btrfs in the context of not losing data
Oh right, it’s april fools

>Spinrite a 500GB HDD
That will take weeks

>st3000dm001
Yes, that's three dead Seagate st3000dm001's. And one of them is Refurbished as in I went the first of them to fail - just a month after I bought these - to Seagate under warranty and they sent a DEAD drive back. And a second of those drives died the day after I got the dead one returned. I guess I should have raised hell but I just decided to never buy anything Seagate again. I've read that those drives had a 40% failure rate or something like that. In my case it was 100% failure (3 of 3) within 3 months.

>starting a scan before attempting to copy

BTRFS actually isn't bad on newer kernels if you're mirroring instead of raid 5/6.

I use primarily ZFS but I enjoy ZSTD support and actual LBA error addressing in my dmesg.

Attached: 1517462193691.jpg (322x395, 24K)

They did end up getting them straightened out. I have two 2TBs and a 3TB and they're fine.

Attached: Untitled.png (1002x883, 691K)

Attached: 1520059803404.jpg (689x596, 84K)

[DAMAGED]

Why not just fucking backup???

I'd hope so, I just got a 3TB barracuda last month and pray I didn't choose poorly. Hadn't heard particularly good things about seagate in recent years, but this drive had the best price/size ratio of what was available at the time at the place I got it from, and I needed it asap.

8.5 years and counting

Attached: hdt.png (593x484, 34K)

U R EXPONGED