Daily reminder perl6 exists

Daily reminder perl6 exists

Attached: c15407aee7b95423a08aedb5dbba57ac93d1abe2_hq.jpg (660x933, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

evanmiller.org/a-review-of-perl-6.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

good artist

DOA

thanks... i guess...

Asshole

Nope

Per 5 >>>>>>>>>> any other language >>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Perl 6

Attached: 9fa71e0c2dac65ece59abd86670b07da.jpg (480x480, 27K)

Name one language slower than perl6

english

The real question is why does perl 6 exist

Explain

Keep me posted

Attached: tom_hd2.png (715x467, 364K)

and daily reminder it's a half baked language full of literally every meme feature possible. makes tc39 proposals look like dinos.

the repl is nice, and the dependency management is less retarded but really it's just too mediocre right now. I'll wait until perl6 fags make a VM for their language that isn't slower than aids.

Slow is comfy

It makes me angry. People should extend languages, not make new versions.

Reminder that Python3 is 10 years old and won't be relevant for another 2 years more.

not really.

and I just tried to install linenoise because I had a bug up my ass to try it out again because of this damn thread and am reminded that the package manager tool still blows. even nodejs fags and node-gyp figured this shit out.

===> Building: Linenoise:ver:auth
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltommath
/usr/bin/ld
: cannot find -latomic_ops
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luv
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

fucking god damnit perlfags. I get you gotta rip of js for a lot of the cool edgy features, but come on.

Perl6 does a lot of cool shit nothing else does

good for it. and now it's default polluting my fucking $HOME, which i had forgotten and PERL6LIB does fuck all. fuck this shitty rakudo star bullshit.

people are better off using nodejs.

>subroutines
its shit

and that's how you end up with shit like C++.
Fuck off.

Attached: file.png (900x729, 129K)

>people are better off using nodejs
>implying js is better than literally anything at all

Attached: file.jpg (575x750, 67K)

Yes

No

Rust monkey detected

I wish all anime looked like this.

Attached: 8cdbc617d8c69370b1016c185195587c.jpg (700x703, 63K)

It was dead waaaaay before arrival, user.

AppleScript

>it's a half baked language full of literally every meme feature possible. makes tc39 proposals look like dinos.
Here is a better opinion: evanmiller.org/a-review-of-perl-6.html

not cost effective
as in, how much more it would cost to produce wouldn't entice enough extra people to make up the difference

It's not that corporations can't bring this to us, they just won't. It's the culture of capitalism.

>not cost effective
I know, which is why I prefer manga.
>It's the culture of capitalism.
More like, it's the culture of actually having scarce resources.

No, it's capitalism. Anyone who takes business classes learns early on that corporations should be doing as little work as possible for as much money as possible. There are no real limits on either front which is why even in a post-scarcity society these problems will still exist.

aah, the duke nukem forever of programming languages

Depends on the kind of a post-scarcity society. If some resources are still scarce (like people's attention and labor) and some aren't, then a company, all things equal, would rationally expend an unlimited amount of the non-scarce resources. It loses nothing by doing so and may gain by offering a superior product. If computing time is non-scarce or at least "too cheap to meter", you suddenly have an unlimited supply of certain kinds of work. It's a matter of time before computers are at least able to draw 90% of the in-between frames in any anime, so far better animation would become economically viable in a post-scarcity.

thanks

>It's not that corporations can't bring this to us, they just won't.

Are you retarded? Artists, even ones working for high profile, high-budget projects like Unicorn Gundam and Gundam SEED, routinely complain about stuff being too hard to draw and push back on it. Unless studios want to operate at a loss with extended timeframes for projects they're not going to be able to produce that quality in motion until we get an anime drawing AI

Completely ignoring the competition aspect of capitalism...

ggggg

Why do people hate perl6

except it is. once typescript's optional typing becomes a part of ESNEXT, javascript will basically be the best scripting language ever.

Parrot-ing.

It is still easy to get a type error even with the optional types in TS. Most often this happens because the ecosystem is untyped and your signatures are outdated or were never right to begin with. Contrast this with the subject of this thread, Perl 6, which was built from the ground up for gradual typing.

>hurr you must be a rustfag if you have C++
nigger, everyone hates c++.

Attached: file.jpg (1060x810, 389K)

typescript is literally the worst of the compile-to-js languages besides coffeescript. It's just a thin veneer over the language for people who would otherwise still have enough Stockholm Syndrome to use raw js. There are way better options out there for front end dev.

>There are way better options out there for front end dev.
Name a few.

Kaneoya Sachiko

Attached: the_thing_which_lies_hidden_in_the_abolished_facto_by_kaneoyasachiko-d4jk9mr.jpg (850x735, 907K)

Knew I recognized his style

Attached: 1505499109003.jpg (440x652, 371K)

ya ok, like what? elm? lol.

like it or not, typescript is literally the only good transpile language that also has a rich set of tools like the typescript server. it is even supported by babylon. is your meme transpiled garbage supported by babylon? do you even have an language server for yours? didn't think so fagboi.

What do you mean "nope"?

I did a uni project on Perl 6 grammars (unsolicited, no profs have heard of p6) but i quite enjoyed it.
Grammars and unicode interoperability are its two killer features. Other languages do concurrency better.
As an aside to the folks saying they should have extended p5, you can just stipulate 'use v5' at the start of your code and it'll be p5...

Attached: 1512052100335.jpg (502x659, 106K)

Attached: drive_on_alley_at_night_by_kaneoyasachiko-d4n8rx0.jpg (600x436, 168K)

purescript

Don't do that

How stable is it?