Trying to build a decent computer

>trying to build a decent computer
>$500 budget
fuck this gay earth, it seems like computers only start getting good once you reach $1000 and beyond, for now im stuck with my shitty 8gb of ram and lack of a real GPU
fuck cryptofags ill i want to do is edit a video or two and use some photoshop

Attached: 1468424950840s.jpg (250x250, 11K)

Get a job nigger so you can afford a good computer.

Just get a Ryzen 5 2400G fool.

>recommending GTX 1050 performance to OP

kys

>$500 budget

but if you have components already you can use some of the stuff you have already

Why on earth would you buy anything else?

Maybe I'm not a poorfag like you and can afford at least a 1080Ti and a 1440p 144Hz monitor?

>inb4 gaymen comments

good for you

What retard pays $300 more than MSRP for a GPU?

Id just hold onto it until you have $1000 and use whatever you have until then

Or get a 2200G and overclock if you want to save even more. After OCing both, the two have very similar performance.

Build a upgradable computer if you're stuck on a $500 budget. The obvious question is: Do you have parts you can re-use or get cheap used like a case and a PSU? For $500 you're limited to a motherboard, a good CPU and RAM. I'd buy those things and nothing else if I was you and save up to get a GPU and SSD and things like that down the line. On the GPU side, AMD will release a new line of VEGA cards 2-3 month from now and NVidia will release new cards too. This combined with ETH ASICs on the market and a drop in crypto prices means that now is a stupid time to buy a GPU. You'll be able to get something much better at a way lower price if you can wait 2-3 months.

I'd go for a good motherboard/CPU/DDR4 RAM and do the rest over time if I was you, OP. And if you can't re-use a case and a PSU then look for those things second-hand. It should be possible to find something usable very cheaply.

You're a pathetic useless person who should stop posting and here's why: OPs budget is $500. Your budget/income doesn't matter, nobody cares. OP needs recommendations that fit within a $500 budget. My desktop has a triple 4k IPS monitor setup. Each of them cost more than OPs budget. Does this help OP? No, it doesn't, not even a little. It does not matter.

Thanks nigger

Who the fuck said I paid more than the MSRP you cuckold?

I bought it when it came out and paid MSRP. Great card that runs cool and quiet and is a beast.

I can throw it on eBay and make $300 right now.

You seem poor and angry.

Instead of telling OP to find a better job and not be poor, you tell them to buy a subpar piece of shit APU.

>Ryzen 5 2400G
Don't bother. It's absolutely not worth it.

>2200G
This is the APU you're looking for if you want to go that route. The 2200G is really cheap and gives you a whole lot of bang for the buck. I think OP would be better off buying a more powerful CPU now & a GPU down the road when OPs saved up more money. But for the APU road it's the 2200G that's the obvious choice. The 2400G costs a lot more than the 2200G and it really doesn't have much of a performance advantage. You're basically paying a lot extra for the 2400G compared to the 2200G while getting a very small performance bump . The 2200G makes sense. The 2400G doesn't, it's one of those parts nobody should buy.

>You seem poor
I was 20 years ago and I did scrape a few computers together from nothing (less than a $500 budget). Don't care what OPs reasons for a $500 budget is, if that's OPs budget then that's what OP needs help with.

For $500 wtf u think you're gonna get?

You're gonna get lower than console quality gaming.

I've seen some decent refurbished HP prebuilts going for $800 with 7700k and GTX1070 and 16GB of RAM.

I recommend OP looks into that.

OP wants to edit videos not game, so he still needs a fairly powerful computer to do that.

You were suggesting people should buy GPUs right now when the prices are crazy inflated still.

>Get job
>Have to relocate to expensive city
>Blow most of income on rent and living expenses
>Living space too small
>Build small desktop after saving
>Living space even more claustrophobic
>Need to worry about lugging more shit for future relocation
You never win

I thought about helping you out, but you use proprietary software.

>For $500 wtf u think you're gonna get?
As said, a motherboard/CPU/RAM. That's about it. And that's enough for video editing and photoshop. You don't need a GPU for that so OP can buy one down the line. Console quality gaming and iGPU/APU gaming is fine, video editing and photoshop is OP's stated use-case.

OP here, I'm not gaymen at all. All I need is something decent enough to do some video editing, some photoshop and maybe programming.
Thank you very much, will look into upgrading.

just live in a trailer fag

Attached: 1517606635942.jpg (690x460, 62K)

>midwest
>housing is cheap
>jobs plentiful and well-paying in certain industries
>afford a standard of living coastfags can only dream of
>some cities even have google fiber

You should have just started living in a van

>midwest
>housing is cheap
>jobs plentiful and well-paying in certain industries

st. louis is the exact opposite of this, plus it's crime-ridden and filled up to the brim with nigs

Then don't go to St. Louis. There's plenty of other places like Oklahoma City and Kansas City.

Shut the fuck up. The midwest is full. Fuck off. These idiots ruined the coast and now they want to come here and ruin our cities with their bullshit.