/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

Ask your stupid questions here.

Attached: d6fca3aa623e4c536579a6f914efa6ea.jpg (600x800, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thewindowsclub.com/fix-bootmgr-missing-windows-7
learnpython.org/
learnjavaonline.org/
learn-html.org/
learn-c.org/
learn-cpp.org/
learn-js.org/
learn-php.org/
learncs.org/
learn-perl.org/
learnrubyonline.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=6dsQtBHk0eE
reneelab.com/mbr-vs-gpt-one-suitable.html
amazon.com/Dell-Latitude-D630-14-1-Inch-Notebook/dp/B004KZJ0UM/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1522562149&sr=1-1&keywords=laptop&refinements=p_n_feature_fourteen_browse-bin:2057439011
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/oem-secure-boot
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/hardware-protection/secure-the-windows-10-boot-process
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>windows has scanned the file system and found no errors
>CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
fuck this shit, I tried literally everything, I don't have a fucking usb stick so I can't boot from it
any way I can do something with a spare laptop I have, make it act as a bootable hard drive or some shit?

Attached: 11312639.jpg (591x800, 70K)

Looking for a file manager / image and video gallery / video player for android that are free as in no ads and just werk.

can I use an old hdd or old SSD drive as the install medium for windows 10?

LIke: Old SSD [win 10 iso] --> new SSD [new win10 install]

google keeps giving me retarded ans and I don't know how to phrase this.

Prob more hassle than it's worth, but still...

you should do it no probs with the official media creation tool. You may need an enclosure for it tho.

how do i calculate the binomial coefficient for a fractional power with a calculator. the nCr button is giving me a domain error (TI-34II) for (1/2)nCr(5)

I don't know what you would expect from a file manager or what they are expected to deliver, however I use F-Droid's "Gallery" app (the one with the orange icon) to play videos. It can rotate in conformity to system setting, or you can make it rotate regardless of a static system setting (however that function wasn't working for me a few updates ago, so I gave up on it). It also has a toggle for vertical swiping the left of your screen to change brightness, and the right volume. It even does the brightness control for images, but I'll get to using this app as an image viewer.

It has a weird behavior (as an image viewer) where if you toggle "Replace deep zoomable images with better quality ones", if you double tap to zoom, it defaults to a 100% zoom, as in, 1:1 ratio for displaying the image, which is what I want. Conversely, toggling this makes double tapping to zoom only max to image width, which I don't want, since it discards the value of all images higher res than my screen width. However, when the toggle is on, images never (never) focus for me, I don't know why. As well, if the toggle is off, zooming is extremely slow (compared to QuickPic, which I assume is everyone's default android image viewer, even if they use a signed older version, or community version).

So to conclude, it is a very good video player, and a satisfactory image viewer. I use it for both, but I wish it was a better image viewer. I actually have a (presumably) personal problem with it, where if I horizontally swipe a video to view the one beside it, a frozen image of the former video is stuck, while the audio of the new one plays. Swiping a little bit but not fully fixes it for a few seconds, before you have to do it again. So right now swiping videos is a dead function to me. As well, if I default home page shortcuts to open in this app, it forgets that it was my default app to open that filetype in other contexts. The app gets frequent updates though.

fucking with MARS MIPS,
how the fuck do I enter infinity as a test case?
I write:
.data
.float inf
and all it gives is this bullshit
"line 2 column 8: "inf" is not a valid floating point constant"

If I try to write Infinity instead it gives:
line 2 column 8: "Infinity" is an out-of-range value

I'm downloading torrents at ~1mbps, but the task manager/resource monitor shows I'm receiving like 10mbps, causing videos streams and online games to lag.
This happens both with tixati and qbittorrent. What's up with that?

Any1 know why my spotify icon permanently looks like this? It's not actually downloading anything afaik, started doing this after the latest patch

Attached: wtf.png (75x50, 4K)

Got an art project where we use p5.js to mess with any json api we want. Any fun suggestions?

I tried the wayback machine and while I do get information back, its all fucking useless since the screenshots are broken.
Also got an API key for the CTA, but I keep getting some cors error where the only solution online was contacting the guy running the site and making him change the settings.

Help lads, my blood pressure is about to go through the roof.

Attached: 1468737871210.jpg (500x442, 85K)

Frequently getting these aswell, it's like the whole DLAN connection just drops out whenever i stream via spotify for a prolonged time

I then can't even connect to the router page, sometimes using the connection troubleshooter/resetting the LAN adapter works but sometimes it just stays that way and i have to wait a couple minutes for the signal to come back, really effin werid

Attached: wtff.png (766x68, 5K)

What happened to "Complaining about women is technology"? Did Jow Forums get janitors?

Send help

Attached: 1519788608629.jpg (4011x2100, 3.73M)

Personal server question here. I have two 2tb drives and want to set up a personal server for media and other files. Should I run OwnCloud on top of FreeNas, or just run OwnCloud on a linux distro? OwnCloud looks good since it offers file synchronization.

my mothers computer is fucked up, when i boot i dont hear any beeps and the monitor remains black. i tried a different gpu but that didn't change anything, i changed monitors but that didn't change anything either. i reseated the ram and that didn't change anything either. having done all this im assuming it is a problem with the ram as i am assuming its not even getting to bios at all and therefore not beeping, can those just spontaneously stop working? to add onto the "no beep", i dont even know if their motherboard has an on board speaker to even output beeps and i cannot find a slot to put it anyways (the motherboard is p55 gd85). i tested the hard disk just to rule it out and it works fine. at one point the psu seemed to give out and powerdown but it doesn't seem to do that anymore and everything is getting power (fans going on everything including gpu). is there anything else i can rule out? anything this specifically sound like?

Yeah, starting a download immediately makes the network usage jump to 10mpbs, while the download speed is around 800kbps.
Limiting download speed on the application makes no difference. This is so weird, I don't even know what to google.

I followed your advice, and this app is fantastic, exactly what I needed, so thanks. I'm still searching for a decent file explorer though. Astro went full botnet and Amaze doesn't work properly for me, it won't move/delete files for some reason. Using ES lite at the moment.

actually you know what im going to test ram with my sticks too just to fucking rule it out be right back

can this run civilization 6
>AMD Processor:
Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics 3.5GHz (Quad Core)
>8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 2133Mhz

Attached: 1511730122600.jpg (640x543, 49K)

How much should I expect to pay for a 50"-60" OLED/QLED TV?

80% of models from Samsung and LG already have good reviews. Are there specific models of 50"-60" OLED/QLED TVs that Jow Forums could recommend me?

Attached: 233904-L-LO.jpg (400x400, 33K)

How does the score work?

You know 1MB/s is 8mb/s, right?
Torrenting shouldn't affect your internet use due to uTP, though. Use a real client like uTorrent 2.2.1.

I wish to know as well.

Wrong thread dipshit

I'm using Total Commander now, it was exactly what I was looking for. The play store says it has ads but I haven't seen any yet.

I haven't seen it move so my guess is it is static because Hiromoot can't into programming or databases.

that's about right, assuming you're misreading 800KiB/s as 800kbps, most torrent clients specify bytes, not bits
800KiB/s is 6.4Mb/s, the rest is likely overhead and upload

TEAM CHOCOLATE ROCKS

I don't want to be Team Mint. :(

Hey thanks for not just calling me autistic for my goddamn full-character allowance thesis on an android app. I actually have two other warnings with the app, and it's that scrolling from top to bottom takes a second (unlike QuickPic), and unlike QuickPic it doesn't save thumbnail cache, or if it does, it simply streamlines loading, unlike QuickPic saving the thumbnail so it never loads. It also doesn't have a slideshow function yet. It's getting there and I have faith in the devs, the brightness control alone makes it my first choice for both video and picture.

Under Windows. The Linux port is shameful.

I got my 60" OLED from LG a year ago for 2k from bestbuy, it was a sale price though. I think it was 2500 retail

i just tried my sticks so i can rule out the ram, what could this be? motherboard failure?

Oh, I see. Yeah, that adds up. Man that's confusing now I don't know how much I need to throttle.

Attached: Screenshot_5.png (488x318, 13K)

Let's end this once and for all. Someone make an Intel thread so the "Jooooooooo" spammer racks up another couple thousand posts.

Try other power outlet.

you can rack up lots of overhead with torrents by connecting to lots of peers
i have my client limited to 16 peers as well as QoS to keep it from either saturating my pitiful upload speed, or slowing down other things

What the absolute fuck is this team shit

Unironically I think on april fool's one year reddit (in)famously had a "push the button" thing or something. If you pushed the button, your icon turned from white to purple. It made people ironically divided, probably.

So this is that but with no engagement at all, and teams aren't tied to IPs. So it's shit and nothing noteworthy will happen besides shitposts.

>teams aren't tied to IPs.
But they are. You cant change shit

?

Wait, if so my bad, that's better actually.

The chart is just the number of people who have posted from a unquie ip since midnight. Its randomly assigned

Only 1647 unique IPs hitting Jow Forums across all boards in 35 minutes? That's a little sad.

i assume you mean the outlet for the psu. i just did but nothing changed, what do you suppose that would have fixed though? do you think it is a power failure of some sort

I mean I'm not quick at math, but after seeing your post I refreshed a tab and took this to post in reply. I think you were a little late with that number, and it's climbing in real time. But yeah, they're no reddit numbers.

Attached: Untitled.png (448x141, 4K)

I'm cool with that, for now. I just wanted to escape Google Photos, and this does the job. Thanks again

Which Team am I?

I guess it was one off on my end, but I had a similar problem some time ago - turn on pc, monitor wouldn't respond but I was sure everything was working because it was fine a few minutes earlier. I changed the power outlet and it worked. No idea why.
Maybe try different ports and/or cables?
If you know the local IP, maybe you could try turning it on and pinging it after a while - maybe it's a video only problem.

The problem is they're climbing a bit linearly in real-time. Going up by 250 or so every ~5 minutes. That doesn't sound like unique IP behavior on the Jow Forums I know. Sounds more like post count divided by something.

i tried a completely different gpu and a completely different monitor, which i know both work, i know it isn't the video out. this is completely puzzling, it seems like it should be working perfectly fine as all the obvious parts are confirmed to be working on their own

We had a now autosaging "God tier Android apps" thread if you want to witness people calling app botnets, and maybe some context given to app choices here and there.

>completely different gpu
Have you tried the onboard ports?

Is the CPU supposed to be able to come out of its mounting tray after the lever has been pushed back down?

You are in the team that fartposts. Here, take this image.

Attached: 33d34166b1a2c868a6e3d16792cfaab8.jpg (402x604, 48K)

Definitely not.

How to... "install" ffmpeg properly?

there aren't any, this computer doesn't have an igpu

sudo pacman -S ffmpeg

what distro?

3.4.2?

If you're on Windows, you don't install it at all, you just download the whole thing then run the exe

BOOTMNGR Error for SSD and M2 drives

how can i fix my stuff to boot again in these devices?

Attached: 1522401662149.jpg (708x533, 53K)

>BOOTMGR
install gentoo

So just unpack in a folder and run the .exe? Problem is, there is no .exe here.

>there is no .exe here.
you might have gotten the source code, you need to either
- compile the source code into an exe
- get a precompiled exe

Get respective windows version USB.
Rebuild Bootmngr.

What's that icon in tumblr's dash page? I just noticed, it looks pretty suspicious

Attached: screenshot.png (480x639, 444K)

fuck i so thats how they get me to pay for it. instead of knee caping the usablity it hampers my upgradbility

Its easy to rebuild it, takes 10 seconds tops, you just need to paste certain commands in CMD while you use your USB windows installer.

If both contain different versions of windows only do it with one device connected at the same time.
Do not use it with 2 drives that have an OS connected.
Why? Windows likes to fuck stuff up.

thewindowsclub.com/fix-bootmgr-missing-windows-7

Fonts in urxvt broke after installing Gimp and now all resolve to DejaVu Sans. This has happened before after installing fontforge, but that time removing fontforge and cleaning out unused packages, specifically gsfonts fixed it. This go around no luck.

Why do I need to make this shit so hard on myself?

Attached: 2018-04-01_01:26:47.png (2922x1560, 304K)

How do I stop myself from getting discouraged learning to program? I know the new concepts the book talks about will be explained later, but I cant help but feel stupid for not instantly knowing them

Attached: un.png (334x247, 151K)

learnpython.org/
learnjavaonline.org/
learn-html.org/
learn-c.org/
learn-cpp.org/
learn-js.org/
learn-php.org/
learncs.org/
learn-perl.org/
learnrubyonline.org/

actualy make an effort to learn about the basics. and wear coding socks to help out

thank you onii senpai

Attached: 1441238696296.png (900x2355, 564K)

I'm not sure how this answers my question.
I'm currently already learning with a decent source, I'm just constantly going "but why does it do that" whenever it teaches me to do something and get nervous when it brings up a command or something without properly explaining it, saying it'll talk about it later

treat it menatly like a game then. its how i challenge studying. its one more hurdle. ive talked to countless programers and they love the problem sovling aspect of it.

if you want to hone in this puzzle solving thing into your skull then you need to take proper breaks to understand it fully. this is due to the fact that the brain can only take in so much info at a time.

youtube.com/watch?v=6dsQtBHk0eE
a simple puzzle game such as this can help you form the ideas of logic gates and shit like that if you take the ideas you've learned and drawn them onto concepts you already know

its also a good review since it expands upon simple concepts into larger problems which is essicentaly what your dealing with every single time you program

Setting up company laptop with Windows 10. Fresh install. Drive is less than 2TB big and will only ever have 1 partition on it. Initialize disk with MBR or GPT? GPT supports better data integrity and boot table redundancy. That's the only difference I can find. Any cons to GPT that I'm missing? Which one is generally used more commonly?

seems to be zero problems in the slightest

reneelab.com/mbr-vs-gpt-one-suitable.html
With UEFI + GPT Combination, you can:

Boot your computer with shorter time
UEFI + GPT will skip the detection of external device. And if you use SSD to be system disk, the boot time of your PC will be reduced sharply.

Support Secure Boot
Protect your computer from Bootkit attack, which can improve the security of your computer.

Safer
Boot data and structured information will be copied and save in different place in UEFI + GPT mode. Even one got corrupted, others can work immediately.

Support Larger Disk and partitions
Windows allows up to 128 partitions on a GPT-based drive.

i want a shitposting device that i can use out the box, something that just works. wanted a 11" macbook air but theyre still expensive

cheapest intel chromebook yes/no/why?

Outside GNU/Freedom tier reasons, no.
Use GPT.

its probably unique threads sitewise, cant be more than 2000 an hour you know?

Thinkpad X200-X230 with a SSD.
Format it yourself with Windows/Linux on your own but it already comes with a OS usually.

just for shitposting? yes just get the cheapest machine with a screen resolution you can stand (probably want to avoid 1366x768)
or better yet buy a used office thinkpad

Boot your computer with shorter time
UEFI + GPT will skip the detection of external device. And if you use SSD to be system disk, the boot time of your PC will be reduced sharply.

Support Secure Boot
Protect your computer from Bootkit attack, which can improve the security of your computer.

===============================

Will I still have the option to boot off of alternate media? Will it always skip alternate boot media even if that's your boot intention? Just wanted to be clear: when you mentioned Secure Boot, that was a pro for GPT right?

amazon.com/Dell-Latitude-D630-14-1-Inch-Notebook/dp/B004KZJ0UM/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1522562149&sr=1-1&keywords=laptop&refinements=p_n_feature_fourteen_browse-bin:2057439011

techancily you'll need more RAM for multiple tabs if your just shitposting but something as old as this will make you use linux

Rather wary about Video Downloadhelper suddenly demanding that I get an external "companion app". Any decent video ripping substitutes for Firefox?

any specific website? If just youtube, get familiar with youtube-dl and start using that.

>Cheapest is $99
Too expensive and weak.
Better buy a T400 or a X200 with a P8400 or better.

who needs a browser addon. just copy the url and feed it to youtube-dl

Can anyone recommend an external blu ray burner?

i havent skimed it but the assumption is yes

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/oem-secure-boot

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/hardware-protection/secure-the-windows-10-boot-process

A kissanime website. Not Youtube so I wouldn't know how to use Youtube-dl for that. Or Vimeo for that matter.

whats the best firefox fork? thinking palemoon.

dickshit
this

>65339700
Or you can just use a data to USB adapter.

use 9anime
kissanime streaming has hidden bitcoin mining

it's named after youtube but it works on a gorillion different video sites.