Weak Password at Credit Union

The local credit union doesn't allow passwords that are too long, and doesn't allow passwords that contain most special characters, including the AT sign.

Is there any explanation for this other than that they are storing the passwords in plain text somewhere?

Attached: your password system is a wimp.png (772x166, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20130124043324/http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit_card/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Screen shot #2

Attached: your password system is a wimp 2.png (816x67, 3K)

Call them and demand that they tell you how your data is secured. If you can’t get a satisfactory answer then go to a different one.

>iBranch
bodes well

Banks tend to run on legacy hardware that are simply incapable of storing such information.

Probably an arbitrary restriction made by a lazy programmer in 1999 who wanted to use fixed-length character arrays instead of unicode strings because it was easier for him.

support costs. it costs more to answer a thousand phone calls about "my password is wrong (because i made it complex)" than it does to respond to a couple saying "my password was stolen".

This plus they might intend to allow you to type this password at some point on a device with a limited input (like a legacy ATM or a small hardware terminal)

which doesn't FUCKING matter because their hardware shouldn't be storing it in the first place!
the only thing they should store is a hash, which has the same general format regardless of input

>Banks are running over hardware from the 50s
No.

It's probably not capable of handling it is what he meant.

Trust me, it's probably because there's a C buffer somewhere that can't handle the input. The backend of banking systems is really old legacy garbage and everything on the higher end has to be input length checked or they take down the entire system with a buffer overflow crash.

Sounds like somebody's got a case of the s'pose'tas.

If you reuse passwords then its your own fault if a system breach in one service causes a personal breach in one of your other subscriptions. Until client-side pasword hashing and salting protocols become better-standardized and informed across all modern browsers, you just have to assume that websites you give your password to know your password.

Call up and demand to be given full access to their password database and all other internal systems so you can conduct a full security audit and if they don't comply and pass the audit you will take your business to a rival bank
Works every time

>credit union
Use a conventional bank like a normal human being instead of that communist shit, you retard.

I bet you some institutions still depend on vacuum tubes and punch cards.

Probably not vacuum tubes since they’d be impossible to maintain in an institutional setting, but certainly punch cards. I think the DoD still uses a lot of punchcard systems too, such as those for the ICBM program.

>not acting in your own rational self-interest and choosing the institution that gives you the best rates and best products
>instead demanding adherence to a central powerful authority
dumb chocolateposter, you were the communist all along

Lol

The ATMs in my town literally still run Windows 3.11, I really wouldn't put it past them.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

I switched to a credit union because Bank of America was literally charging me $12 a month for not using their online banking system. Also, the tellers at my current credit union are very friendly, while the ones back at BoA were all cunts.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x960, 965K)

>He thinks
>when you sign for your credit card that the signature goes somewhere
>that your transaction history is kept for any reason besides to argue that you spent money and to resell the data
>that banks are capable of security any system or using 2FA
When they make money off being insecure.

Attached: 1499819722786.png (621x702, 56K)

web.archive.org/web/20130124043324/http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit_card/

Team chocolate are definitely niggers. Go lynch yourself.

Why would you chose to bank with a credit union with such shitty security?