MS Office is shit

So, is this the lead office suite in the world which is accused to keep milions of users on Windows instead switching to Linux?

it's trash.

> Hotkeys are translated in the local language. So ctrl+s is underlined, ctrl+b is save, ctrl+g is bold, etc. for me.
> Some "translated" hotkeys don't even work
> If you change the default language of Microsoft it will not revert hotkeys to standard. You have to re-learn all of them.
> Anything other than .docx and .doc is displayed in a non-standard way which fucks all the formatting of google docs and other suites
> Expansive as fuck
> Annoying smooth cursor effect when writing

The only good things are ribbon UI and Excel macros.

why Office is currently shitting the bed?

which is the Jow Forums office suite?

>inb4 LaTeX
It's not an office suite.

Attached: whatisoffice365-apps.png (760x472, 24K)

It's still better than any freetard garbage ever, especially excel.

What's wrong with outlook? It's unironically the best email client

I just bought a license key on eBay for $4 yesterday.

I think the cost/benefit of the office suite is huge. It’s industry standard. Sorry to hear that you feel that way. Get over yourself.

i use LibreOffice

I use Google Spreadsheets. Because I work in 2018 and several people need access to the same version of information at all points in time.

i just use wordperfect '98. the typing of fucking papers was already perfected in 1998. no reason to ever 'upgrade'

>which is the Jow Forums office suite?
WPS (unless you're on windows), OnlyOffice, LibreOffice

A week ago I uninstalled Office 2013, ans somehow that freed 17gb of space (probably years of update patches piled over each other).
At this point I've installed LibreOffice since I just use Word and Excel. I didn't know it could open and save xlsx, I guess I can stick to it.

It’s trash at reading html. Calendar is good though

I've used office on mac and windows and libre office on Windows and ctrl b has always bolted text, u underline and s save. So fuck knows why your shit default keys are doing that

GO TO BED U FUCKIN GREEN FAGGOT

GONNA TAKE OVER THE CHARTS

I hate how it tries to guess what I'm doing and then I have to fight against it. Like it will predict I want the next thing formatted in a particular way or something.

Altho OneNote is pretty nice been using it for uni.
Instead of just using one drive for everything whats the linucks alternative to some sort of cloud software thats i can just store in the browser

((inb4 make ur own cloud))

I'm not from United states or Uk.

LaTeX is the only word processor you need.

To be honest the only reasons to stick with it is Excel for anyone who is serious about stats or finance because of the formula presets and PowerPoint if your workplace uses it for presentations.

I personally use LibreOffice. Calc is great for working with customer details and checking for duplicate entries.

I meant file browser like onedrive not internet browser

By the way, I too hate the slow-mo animations and shit in the new editions.
Maybe Microsoft has forgotten that we have to use these applications to fucking work.

same

team creme supreme

any previous microsoft office file formats (.doc, xls, .etc) which were all proprietary, were converted to a more open stand file format (.docx, .xlsx ,etcx) like .odt

>> Hotkeys are translated in the local language. So ctrl+s is underlined, ctrl+b is save, ctrl+g is bold, etc. for me.
>> Some "translated" hotkeys don't even work
>> If you change the default language of Microsoft it will not revert hotkeys to standard. You have to re-learn all of them.

Not an issue most qwerty keyboards.

> Anything other than .docx and .doc is displayed in a non-standard way which fucks all the formatting of google docs and other suites

Elaborate

> Expansive as fuck

You didn't use student license?

> Annoying smooth cursor effect when writing

?

WYSIWYG: Apple Pages/Numbers/Keynote
non: troff, suckless sent
They're not slower, you're just a luddite who hates every new thing

you didn't know that... and you browse Jow Forums?

wtf is wrong with you
they've been able to do that for like 15 years.

fuck off white negro

this by a fellow peep

fuuuuuuuu

hahahahaha btfo

ur a fuckin pink nigger

I knew it could read, but not save excel format. I had never actually used LibreOffice until now and since I didn't care I never wasted time reading news about it.

>Expansive
You're not a bright man, are you.

Too dumb for Microsoft Office.
Imagine being that low IQ.

>bolted text
kek

What makes every shit WYSIWYG program an office suite according to you? And why isn't LaTeX considered as an office suite?

He is lying.

LaTeX is not a word processor, and is too long winded for normal* people.
>italics in a word processor
>CTRL-I
>italics in LaTeX
>\pleasemakethisbititalicandnoitcan'tjustbeasinglecharacterlikeeventroffdoes{}

*non-autistic

just

Attached: wps.png (512x512, 21K)

Outlook is one of the worst components of Office.

>the eternal peanut butter buys stolen software keys
really gets the noggin joggin

Attached: 1458279354089.jpg (169x250, 6K)

you forgot the homosex pricing structure
we need to find and lynch the sob who started this subscription model meme

Have fun having your work deleted because Google finds it racist :^)

what is office 365

How typical of a peanut shitter to forget hotkeys and kick on pirated things.
KYS

Attached: 01POY01POY34AskedRTX10IMC[1].jpg (940x627, 94K)

What office has to offer over using a linux machine is that it has that smooth cursor effect, and I FUCKING LOVE IT!

How braindead are you? You just have to add \textit and put the portion of text in brackets to make it turn into italics: it's miles more comfortable and accurate than using the retarded shortcuts WYSIWYG programs force you to use.
Do you want to turn the whole document in italics? Write \itshape in the preamble of the document. It's literally that simple and you don't even need to highlight all the words in the document, like Offise Shit forces you to do.

>pressing CTRL and I is harder than typing out a word, a backslash, and two curly braces
The absolute state of LaTeX defenders. Even Groff just makes it \fI and \fR on either side for in-line.

It depends on the editor. My editor lets me create brackets by pressing tab after a command, so I can say it's really comfortable. Do you want to make it even faster? Use Autohotkey.

>have to round all the 88s to 89 to avoid the censor

>You just have to add \textit and put the portion of text in brackets to make it turn into italics: it's miles more comfortable and accurate than using the retarded shortcuts

Did you fall on your head or are you serious?

Attached: 147234456693222222222222.gif (379x440, 141K)

>no latex editor has format keybinds
above average bait

While latex is better than word and powerpoint, excel and outlook does not have a good replacement on gnu/linux.

So you're saying that I must use a specific program to Process Words in a comfortable way. If only there was such a piece of software...

it's trash but you literally can't get anything better so it's not trash

>using retarded shortcuts instead of gloriously and accurately and comfortably typing { \textit }

Are you saying there's something inaccurate about pressing two keys at the same time?

I bought Softmaker Office 2018. It is pretty comfy and compatible with M$ formats. Also lighter than Microsoft Office. I have used libreoffice for 4 years before switching. I do not need Math, Draw and Base.

Anything more than AbiWord is bloat.

Why do so many people here dick ride any Microsoft product especially Office? Use that cancer on your work computer and use Google docs or libre office for home use. I know you guys just larp and don't need muh industry standard at home.

Onenote and onedrive are absolute shit. Just try exporting and importing on different platforms. Or just simple sync. Fucking retarded software

It stinks of curry seriously.

This is the most teenage thread in all of Jow Forums. Get a job, kiddo.

I unironically liked using OneNote 2016 for note taking on a Surface in uni

good thread user