Why is there no good ePub reader for Windows?

Why is there no good ePub reader for Windows?

Attached: libro_epub.jpg (480x480, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pgdp.net/c/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because it's a trash format.

Edge is actually the best one.

this

What's so trash about it? It's pretty much html in a zip file.

>Edge

What would you consider "a good ePub reader" for Lincucks and FagOS?

no it's not. pdf is

mobi and epub are the only formats without downloading

worth downloading*

without? why did i type that? wtf

that's calibre

It doesn't support bookmarks or annotations. Lame.

sumatra

/thread

SumatraPDF

The ebook mode is very limited, no ctrl+F, no text select...

Calibre

Care to elaborate?

Most windows users don't read, even fewer read digitally, even fewer than that would read on a desktop/ laptop, even fewer than that would pay for software to do so.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-4-1 calibre - Download for Windows.png (404x319, 37K)

>reading lots of text
>windows
>computers in general

i have android and a kobo reader

are you a kindle user?

unironically this

I can't do it

What are your requirements?
Personally I've found Freda to satisfy all my needs for a READER, and Calibre for everything else eBook related (e.g. uploading onto a hardware reader).

Calibre is a fine viewer. I'm more annoyed at the complete trash quality of most epub and mobi versions of books out there. Spelling errors out the ass, low quality pictures if there are any, and text layout generally fucked up.

Attached: 1389553624740.jpg (285x281, 26K)

This. Book piracy shouldn't be as hard ads it apparently is.

>not using android emulator and moon+

Attached: 1521759301031.png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

Fuck off with your Windows Botnet Edition

Edge actually has quite a decent EPUB reader built-in. It's the default eBook reader on Windows 10.

Attached: microsoft-edge.png (1075x800, 75K)

Just gave it a shot and it's not bad. Definitely far better than Adobe Digital Editions but the font rendering hurts my eyes for some reason.

Because most of those books are scanned, OCR'd and then put online. Think of how little there would be available if people actually had to edit them too. Yes it's trash but it's miles better than nothing.

Versus what? MOBI? EPUB is the patrician format to view e-books.

Just think of the hours of autism that piracy groups put into anime, music and film piracy. Even more so with the groups that spend months cracking video games. It all results in pirated versions being a far better experience than the retail product most of the time. It's pretty clear that almost nobody gives a fuck about ebooks.

Well there's this
pgdp.net/c/
Also the OCR stuff only really applies to older books, anything that's released nowadays will have an official ebook and then it's just a matter of stripping the DRM and putting it online.