If I delete all data on my SSD and then format the drive, can I still recover that deleted data?

If I delete all data on my SSD and then format the drive, can I still recover that deleted data?

I am asking this because I am planning on selling an SSD of mine, but I want to securely erase all data on it, so it can not be recovered by the buyer.

Attached: 1300667790001.jpg (200x189, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usenix.org/legacy/events/fast11/tech/full_papers/Wei.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

noko

Why, you got something to hide OP?

Attached: police.jpg (580x325, 65K)

Yes. My personal pictures and documents. Nothing illegal though.

Run a multipass DBAN to be sure.

Use file shredder.

If you're selling it to a normie you shouldn't worry about it. No way they will ever bother trying to recover documents.

Who knows who's going to buy it.

Encrypt then format. Done

Use something like DiskWipe.exe and do a single pass of 0's or randoms, that will make sure your data is erased (assuming that the buyer doesn't have government grade data recovery equipment)

no information is ever lost, just depends on how much effort people are willing to expend to get to it

You can only retrace so much entropy

dumb fucks here assume SSDs be like HDDS
get learnt fagits
usenix.org/legacy/events/fast11/tech/full_papers/Wei.pdf

WITH FLASH
YOU BETTER SMASH

or FDE from the start, and use the reco proc (cryptsetup faq) when wiping

I'm not too up-to-date on the specifics of SSDs in this regard- I know they get write wear, but I think this is leveled such that "stuck" data would be no different from random data in terms of preserved dataintegrity. A random-digit wipe will realistically sanitize data in a way that it is essentially unrecoverable.

But you probably should do that random digit wipe because just formatting your drive and read all sorts of data lying around that recovery software can find.

Yes. Its not really difficult either. SSDs, SD cards, thumb drives, all NAND/flash storage devices are super easy to recover data from. Normie tier recovery software is available that will pull up most of your deleted files with the click of a single button. That goes for your phone too, so don't ever sell or throw away a functioning phone with compromising information on it.

stick it in the microwave for a couple of minutes should do the trick

>apparently no data can ever be lost or deleted
>still cant save on my drive after its full

Attached: gunpepe.jpg (228x221, 8K)

your cp habit is gonna get found out sooner or later, either hand yourself in or find a rafter and some rope

>no data can ever be lost* or completely deleted*
*: if you are in possession of an electron microscope and unlimited free time

kek

Just dd it full of zero, should be enough

Just write it over with memes, ones, zeroes, dank memes and zeroes again. Then reformat it and install windows on it and make sure it looks like you used it. Nobody will suspect there's something left over under there.

Does Windows' full format write something on the entire disk? How do I do this?