debian.org/vote/2018/vote_001
hyperbola.info/
cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not a fan of apt

I am
9 testing

Probably switch to Arch later today

but I am, using testing. has this come up because of the two threads about systemD and you are trying to push the NSA backdoor onto people?

Because it does not run great on my MacBook. Still runs better than any other distro. Not good enough, though.

But I am.
Debian Sid with experimental is mad comfy.

wut

What day is it brainlet?

devs are retarded

I do on some things I want to mostly just forget about, but I find Ubuntu or one of its various flavors much more convenient for desktop/laptop usage.

I am, its the only peep's choice

Does Mint count?

it just werkz

Installed it yesterday and although the sound isn't muted, its fucking glitched and wont work. Overall it's been a shitty experience. Switching to Fedora

>user, why aren't you using Debian yet?
But I am!

Attached: 1518398792667.png (419x398, 191K)

I installed gentoo

Attached: evolution.jpg (600x367, 41K)

Don't care for apt but I like how they separate dev packages and things like that

unironically install gentoo

Real Gentoo, or should I give CloverOS a shot?

They are both the same distro, you can change a clover install into gentoo by deleting part of your make.conf

although you won't get the performance boost without ricing your own kernel and packages with vanilla gentoo

Because I am already

I am tho.

Does Bunsenlabs count?

Because I'm using PureOS (Debian fork).

Debian is the most stable flavor of the SystemD operating system

>id with experimental i
You can use Guix with Debian. I recommend it.

Because I'm not lesbian, and I hate ancient packages.

what kind of packages do you need that are not "ancient"? The only thing I don't have from the repos is Firefox since ESR doesn't support umatrix.

is there an up-to-date debian hardening guide anywhere?

>Installing debian
>Wifi card needs non free firmware that I have to manually add during installation
>Manually add the firmware
>Piece of shit debian installer doesn't recognize that I have added the firmware and keeps asking for non free firmware
>ditch debian and install fedora
>everything works out of the box

Thats why.

>wifi
kys

Clover OS is essentially some guy's Gentoo configuration and shared packages. Reconfigure and it is all yours.

used to have Debian stretch but had issues with wifi card.
turns out mine is proprietary.
> bought a non-proprietary wifi card
didn't fit in
> R A G e

If you aren't using >Gnome or KDBloat, you have customise everything.

debian.org/vote/2018/vote_001

looks like they have an election

Yeah, using wireless lan on a laptop is the problem, not that a self proclaimed """""universal""""" operating system doesn't support 99% of networking hardware out of the box.
Fucking freetards, you are the reason why linux will never be a half way decent desktop OS

Aptitude depends on systemd

I prefer stable OSs. Not only does this preclude OSs using systemdick, it also precludes deb*an as a whole, where "stable" for them means "the bugs from 5 years ago, which have been fixed 4 years ago, have been ported to this year's version of that software".
Install Gentoo.

CloverOS because it has an install script, and a good preconfigured make.conf. However they're the same thing beside these differences (I personally use gentoo with the fetch command and binhost set to cloverOS's)

is it easy to setup like ubuntu or does it take some effort to set it up?

>user, why aren't you using Debian yet?
Sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

CloverOS is arguably easier to setup than ubuntu, because the ubuntu installer infinite-loops and then crashes if you try to deal with any lvm's, while CloverOS lets you launch gparted to do partitioning and then go back to the installer when happy with the results.
The install script is an interactive shell script so it's less pretty than a GUI, though. The information it asks for is the same as ubuntu's installer. I don't think it does automatic partitioning, but that's the only part that could take more effort.
After that, it's the same or better than ubuntu with regard to effort.

Debian takes a shitload more time and effort because it's fully tui-based, craps the bed when it comes to firmware, and requires debian-specific expertise to fix up if it doesn't have internet during initial setup (namely you'll have to download 30 packages by hand by manually following dependency chains, and hope that nothing is incompatible/the wrong download link/missing at the very least, if you don't need to mess around with ndiswrapper or other abominations).

Yes, it's easy.

Download the non free iso, everything will work.

Sunday

Cuz team creme best

noob, it's "apt update" these days. What are you using, wheezy?

> (You)
>noob, it's "apt update" these days. What are you using, wheezy?
Switched To arch sorry

scrolling is broken :(((((((

it's literally the worst mainstream package manager now that yum is out of the picture

Can someone link me to the net inst?

could try hyperbola:
hyperbola.info/
>pacman + aur repos + debian stability + security + privacy + no systemd

honestly, the only worthwhile deviation from vanilla gentoo is funtoo

because apt is a piece of shit

Debian is just another Red Hat distro at this point

You should try rebecca black os, 0 known bug in any provided packages in history, also provides fully bleeding edge packages. Every single software ever created is available for it, and it even makes coffee for you. Also I've got a bridge to sell you.

fake news

Why would I install that outdated piece of crap when Antergos exist? I like packages from this century thanks.

Attached: Screenshot_20180401_143527.png (651x509, 59K)

But I am using Debian GNU/Linux testing (buster).

But user, I am!

Attached: superputty-2018-04-01-17-45-17.png (1136x588, 23K)

Because debian has systemd and openSSL.

Attached: screenfetch.jpg (613x281, 175K)

Waiting for Mesa 18.0 and kernel 4.16 so that i can play games on my vega 64 on stable release

>4.15.14
lmao, insecure, old kernel

>hyperbola.info/
>packages of arch
>security and stability of debian

So its debian then. Because debian has the packages.

State your preference.

Setting up wifi is such a pain in the ass wpa_supplicant/dhcp. I'm going back to void today.

>void
>hipster

Attached: minilo.png (700x2000, 164K)

because i use gentoo

wrong image

Attached: change.png (500x2000, 270K)

Ancient repos full of code so ancient that only archeologists give a fuck or can be bothered.

If you fuck with anything, the system is finicky and breaks easily.

cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 8K)

then why dont you use apple or windows?

atleast there you won't feel like a retard, who can't do shit

You should use Free hardware, which respects your freedom.

I don't trust operating systems written by mentally ill people.

Attached: debian.png (300x500, 32K)

then how do you trust yourself?

I don't.

More of a reason to use it desu.

Install gentoo