Had this for about a week now

Had this for about a week now

This is actually unbelievable value for money

>But you need fast rams

Well I just got bought 2666 and overclocked to 2933 with absolutely no problem

I'm playing games like CSGO doom and fortnite with acceptable frames at 1080p low/med settings

Only £83 it cost me.

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-3-2200G-review.jpg (1000x667, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techspot.com/review/1574-amd-ryzen-5-2400g-and-ryzen-3-2200g/page8.html
youtube.com/watch?v=HLNk0NNQQ8s
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/02/amd-sending-out-free-processors-to-solve-firmware-flashing-catch-22/
youtu.be/z9LI3_8oCr0
gamersnexus.net/guides/2763-amd-chipset-comparison-x370-b350-a320
pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#d=1,6&s=33
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I bought a 2400g last week - I'm not a heavy gamer but it's a beautiful little chip. Bought 2400g because wanted CPU that would last me a bit longer - will buy a dedi GPU in a year or so.

Currently only OC'd RAM to 2800 (until I get a better feel for the PC) but it's worked flawlessly so far. Amazing value @ £135-ish.

So glad that AMD has brought some competition and exciting new products to the market.

Was close to buying it when I found out you can't install Win7 on it :(

Still looks pretty cool though

>Was close to buying it when I found out you can't install Win7 on it :(
wat why?

Can you install W7 on a Linux VM?

You can, it's just not supported.

you can, just need to do a bit of tinkering

My i7 920 is still working good

Considering that you oaid 250 for a similar i5 and get a RX550 for free included, its a great deal.

>fortnite
kys

get aids fag

Last I checked, all the 2017 models could install it, but needed a patch to bypass some shit.
I haven't found anyone successfully installing it on the newer ones (2200, 2400). Would love to be proven wrong

So this APU is the god tier for 720p gayming?

>plays fortshit
>calls anyone else fag

>2018
>1080p low/med settings
> acceptable

has anyone tested this with 3200 or 4000mhz ram?

better bang for buck gaming machine than a low cost OC 2200G?

>720p gayming

Attached: 1507970090904.gif (288x216, 268K)

>Memory Scaling
techspot.com/review/1574-amd-ryzen-5-2400g-and-ryzen-3-2200g/page8.html

>plays chinkgrounds

CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE

Wrong.

>a dedi GPU
Was it really that hard to type out "cated"?

A console

Attached: 1492571302170.jpg (500x1699, 188K)

cool but I still cant seem to find and 4000mhz + test, highest Ive seen I think is 3200mhz

What motherboard did you get? None are compatible yet without a bios upgrade which you can't do unless you already have a spare AMD processor to use

When this shit will come to laptops?

>Triggered

4000mhz+ ram is effectively Intel only (and even then most kits won't work properly).

youtube.com/watch?v=HLNk0NNQQ8s

Well, I can't say that I didn't walk into that one :)

Desu I bought mine from a local computer store and they upgraded the BIOS for me for free. Felt good.

Not OP but I bought a AB350M because on special. Just asked the shop to update it - only charged 5 extra notes. Indie computer shops are still relevant!

Transdimensional tier: Mass Effect 1-3

Excellent deal. Until I asked I was just going to buy an old AM4 compatible CPU off ebay and then sell it on immediately.

Good luck finding motherboard that can keep clocks that high and a ram that can handle that.
Pro tip*
that is outside of the 2200G purpose(budget build) unless you got $500 mobo and a $500 ram kit for free.

>3

Attached: 1511831928328.png (1153x693, 1.24M)

The trick is to OC the igpu to 1650mhz and the CPU to 3.9.

U can use ryzen master software, there is some auzzy dude on YouTube with a guide for doing it.

I got a 20fps boost in most my games after OCing.

I was asking since it would be a nice present for my little brother instead of the piece of shit overpriced consoles.So himself not being a graphics whore like me wouldnt even mind if he plays at 480p thats why.

creme is taking this, faggot

>fortnite
>not PUBG
Typical low end hardware poorfag buyer

Attached: 122.png (398x307, 189K)

Not officially supported on Ryzen. Can work, but you're on your own if shit breaks.

MSI has a bootable usb creator for w7 for ryzen machines, dunno if it works on different mainboards tho

Add in Steam + Steam Link then OP/whoever has got themselves a nice mid-tier console-like PC.

Add in an 20 buck cooler then decent OC guaranteed.

>>fortnite or PUBG
kys

This chip is so important for the PC market right now. Just shows how much Intel has taken the public for a ride over the last 5 years. Intel are good - but they've milked their market position rather than genuinely developing hardware that consumers can affordably want.

PUBG - gaymen 4 iOS genbabies

Probably yeah.
Can barely tell the difference and uses far less resources. Fuck off brainlet

>Can barely tell the difference
kys brainlet

my normie brother plays it on his S8 or whatever its called

>looking like an idiot
>"this is fine"

Attached: retard-2.jpg (460x322, 25K)

It also shows how diabolical Intel's igpu is. Not only from a hardware perspective but - particularly for gaymen - their software support is effectively nonexistant. Jow Forums often forgets simply how far behind Intel is to AMD (and Nvidia) when it comes to software support for vidya. While Intel has been trying to push Nvidia out of the desktop market for years it is products like 2400G that are the real threat simply because AMD does have the expertise, IP and support (give or take) to produce an integrated gpu that is powerful enough to challenge Nvidia's bread and butter mid tier products. The 2400G isn't that product but I could easily see within 5 years AMD's igpu rivalling a GTX **60 and that is dangerous territory.

Note there are other market factors into allowing the uptake of such an AMD products (*cough* intel bribes *cough*). You could also view the GPP as a step to reduce the exposure this hypothetical AMD product would get from a marketing perspective.

Attached: 1428395230856.gif (359x372, 2M)

>Playing videogaymes

>he's proud of buying beta tier indie trash
go back to /v/, retard

What kind of monsters still buy tech from bricks and mortar shops???

>None are compatible yet without a bios upgrade which you can't do unless you already have
Almost any board manufactured in last 3-4 months has has support for RR and in last 2 months for PR.

Is it really that good? No shilling at all? I want to build a PC for my son, he draws anime and plays Fortnite all day. So if this thing costs €100 and can play fortnite on 1080p at reasonable framerates, it's a no brainer. How cheap/expensive mobos are?

Attached: 1517380455658.jpg (438x445, 57K)

mobos are 50 euros and dual channel ram is around 80euros.
The RAM is most important component in the 2200G builds.

Can you give me some recommendations, brother

>CPU 2200G €100
≥Mobo €50
>RAM €80
>Cheap case €30
>850 evo 500gb €140

That adds up to €400. Already have screen and peripherals. That leaves me with a €100 left. What would Jow Forums suggest upgrading?

note + or - 30 euros on the total since RAM prices are fluctuating as crazy and the motherboards have a noob trap,some of them need to have their BIOS flashed before installing the 2200 CPU and stores charge for that.

A prebuilt with a heavily discounted GPU that's 10x better than that trash iGPU.

Attached: 1506492608522.png (278x640, 44K)

Any of you Ryzen owners do GPU passthrough? Is the performance good? Also what motherboard are you using?

wut mainboard and wut ram model

>2400G
>Not the glorious value of the 2200G
>Walk out of Micro Center with processor + motherboard for sub $200

Attached: 1274327693316.jpg (600x524, 56K)

>paying $500 for integrated graphics
topkek m8 u 'avin a giggle?

Buy this Sell the GPU for $350. Sell the CPU for $100.
Buy a 2200G and slap it in.
???
Profit.

Assuming it will get a Raven Ridge compatible BIOS.

Does the GPU show as if it's a standard GPU?

yes

So if I ran it as a headless server, I could use the graphics for processing and things like that?

yeah dude its just like a regular GPU.

*gimps your path*
t. nvidia

I'm pretty sure there are zero drivers for the iGPU that work in Windows 7

I hate the fact that cheapest mITX AM4 board is $100...

>playing shitty wide demographic games on low settings
So it's like integrated graphics have always been given the current common resolution of monitors? What a joke.

>2400G around 140 shekels
>Asrock A320 at 45 shekels
>Asrock/Msi B350 at 59 shekels
???

>tfw you member those ram prices
fucking kikes...

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/02/amd-sending-out-free-processors-to-solve-firmware-flashing-catch-22/

More like eyelet

>fortnite

Attached: rule2.gif (400x300, 22K)

>850 evo 500gb
>on a budget build

lamao retard

spend 140 on RAM and 80 on storage, not the other way around

This.
You can probably get a 3200mhz 8x8 gb for €140 if you look around really hard. And for the ssd, just get a kingston/crucial/adata for around €60-80. *Also, see if you swap that 2200 with a 2400. It's probably €40/50 more, but worth it.

>You can probably get a 3200mhz 8x8 gb for €140
Thats already too much moeny.
He should get 2666 and overclock to 3000Mhz saving money in the process.

ye, but he was about to buy a 850 evo for €140.That extra money is better spent on ram/mobo/cpu instead.

This and the ram prices are the only reason I'm going Pentium

they still use ddr4

team check

>ram prices are the only reason I'm going Pentium
cause shintel doesn't need ram to function, innit?

When went to get the mobo I told the store to flash the BIOS for me and they did it for nothing

Nice guys

youtu.be/z9LI3_8oCr0

I've seen 2400G on sale for $130-$140, and you can get an ASrock Pro4 for $70 or less, which is around $200 total.

I want to get a 2400G but the mobo I'm looking at only has the 320 chipset. Is there any disadvantage other than no overclocking with this chipset? I want this board because it has a PCI slot...

>A320
A board that doesn't support OC may not be the best choice for these APUs, which can OC both the CPU and GPU. Probably better to get a B350.

but you also need fast rams on shintel to compete

I think besides OC, B350 provides one more USB 3 slot and two more PCIe 2 lanes.
gamersnexus.net/guides/2763-amd-chipset-comparison-x370-b350-a320
AM4 boards with at least one PCI slot:
pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#d=1,6&s=33

Windows 7 is shit you dumb luddite

Thanks peepbro, I guess I could get by fine on a 320 if need be.

I set up a couple 2200Gs for a client, feels on par to a mid~high end 3~4th gen i5, sure it's cheap if it's baby's first build, but for anyone who already had a decent i5 it's not an upgrade.

Sure the R5 6 core and R7 8 cores are competition, but the Ryzen G budget bins are not, they are just budget baby's first build and are way overrated.