After hearing all the anti-shilling for systemd I wonder what you Jow Forumsentlemen would recommend instead

After hearing all the anti-shilling for systemd I wonder what you Jow Forumsentlemen would recommend instead.
t.about to install Gentoo

Also general install Gentoo thread

Attached: compile-1280.png (1280x1024, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jdebp.eu/FGA/run-scripts-and-service-units-side-by-side.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I use systemd, but openrc is ok. Also the default on gentoo.

tfw GTK2 pulls in GTK3 due to a completely unnecessary dependency on the adwaita theme

I use gentoo with systemd because fuck it.

OpenRC is a shitty psuedo bash interpreter hacked onto a bunch of hacks of hacks.

systemd is easier and far less trouble.

Attached: behindthispost.jpg (491x491, 42K)

Unix noob here
You scared me with the systemd shit, I'm currently using debian with systemd
Is gentoo really that hard to install and use?

Attached: wew.png (2560x1440, 333K)

no, you just partition your drive, extract stage3 to it, configure your kernel, install a bootloader, and install the packages you want

it is just this easy but I'd also set aside at least a day where you're okay with your computer being out of action for your first install... The kernel defaults are usually fine but that plus partitioning/fstab can be tricky.

It's not that difficult if you just read the instructions properly and it will work

If he already has debian installed and can make a partition for gentoo then the whole installation process can be done from the existing installation. It's even fine to emerge X+wm/de and a browser before first boot to minimize the downtime from shitposting

>Is gentoo really that hard to install and use?
Not really, you just grab some livecd (doesn't even need ot be gentoo's, use sabayon's or sysrescueced if you want), follow the instructions, and later on you got a really powerful package manager to deal with (/work around) issues.

You may however like to have a SSD and midrange (by gaymen standards apart from GPU) PC to compile and install packages more quickly and in the background while you keep on shitposting or playing games or coding or whatever.

If you never do any sauce code manipulations / compile time configuration and got a shit machine and no money to upgrade, Gentoo may not be worth dedicating your processing resources to.

Heh reminds me of pocket tanks

installing gentoo is dead easy. just make sure you have

MAKEOPTS="-j9 -l8"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--jobs 8 --with-bdeps=y --autounmask-write"

so your computer will parallel compilation instead of using one at a time with only one of your core.

Attached: 5rwRpGc4iksMXjq44wZxq5.jpg (970x546, 506K)

you can use debian without systemcancer*, you dumb fucks
it's literally a few commands to get rid of it, hell you can even remove it during installation (what I do)
literally jewgle debian without systemd

*provided you're not using cancer garbage with hard deps on systemd *cough*gnome*cough*

jdebp.eu/FGA/run-scripts-and-service-units-side-by-side.html

I recommend soduko.

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

>recommending debian
install gentoo

Debian devs gave up and betrayed the users a long time ago. I don't know why you'd support the cancerous nu-Debian at this point

Enter the void baby

Attached: void_bg.png (143x143, 6K)

>if it moves, compile it
>python code

Finally got wireless internet working on the livedvd after spending whole day on it. Truly delightful. Do not give up when stuck keep going you get there eventually.

Attached: animuscreencap_001.png (1549x1077, 1.02M)

accidental reply

thanks for the (You) anyways. Why did it struggle on the livecd? I just entered my wifi password like normal and it just werked