Why people still using those huge desktop tower PCs?

Why people still using those huge desktop tower PCs?
They take up space and are just ugly while all you need is a fucking laptop or all in one pc.
>Inb4 upgradeability, gayming and muh processing power
There are fucking 4k ready laptops and consoles now. What are you, a poorfag?

Attached: dt-cu-0001-cuk-006_halfgpu_angleopen_900.jpg (400x400, 32K)

bump

Itx is best format

My tower has 11 hot swap drive bays. Useful when you work with a lot of hard drives.

ATX is the best format

"4K Ready" doesn't mean it's ready to render a 4K image running at 60/120+ FPS. Most towers are far bigger than they should be but that's on JDEC not consumers. Having a non-proprietary GPU that is upgradable is legitimately a good thing since PCIe is fully backwards compatible and most game engines are GPU heavy these days. Most people who either do commercial work or play games do not toss their entire system every few years.

Laptops and All-In ones have a major problem with thermal throttling to keep components at reasonable temperatures. At the position I sit at my desk my 27" 2k monitor is perfect, to get the same effect a laptop monitor would half to sit too high to comfortably use the keyboard (assuming that keyboard is any good) and far too close to be usable. All-in one's are great until you want a different primary monitor or want to change literally any aspect of the hardware.

Given the choice between an entirely secondary NAS box and a single tower most people will pick the latter for their storage solutions if they need multiple drives,

Keyboard-case master race revival when?

Attached: BBC Acorn Archimedes A3000.jpg (400x300, 26K)

This. There's no need for anything bigger and anything smaller sacrifices.

It also allows you to place the monitor on top of it/a shelf over it giving it a far more comfortable elevation.

I was thinking of going from ATX to mATX if I can find a high end z97/socket 1150 board brand new, I want to get a smaller case as I have a 300R and it's a bit bulky.

hey i have this case and the airflow is excellent. im getting 25C temps on my cpu (without liquid cooling, just air). it's just a shame about the shocking red design

At least everyone who sees it will know you're a communist.

I have 7-8-9 hdds

fucking pedo

you figured me out user

I had laptops all of my life until I realized I had outgrown them this month. I’ve had top of the line alienwares, MacBooks, etc. - I love the portability. But good look pushing 120 frames to a 1440p ultrawide out of a laptop. Good luck getting 2 1080 ti’s in a laptop. Good luck finding a laptop with an NVMe SSD.

Attached: E4D306B4-6119-4F2A-8EAF-6608638C0F43.jpg (4032x3024, 1.96M)

i use a huge corsair tower because i'm not a dummy and i know laptops are not made for gaming because of constant overheating , i have 3 case fans + 1 ventirad + 1 fan on the powersupply and soon 1 or 2 fans on the graphic card.

i already broke two laptops because of overheating , i'm surprised some Jow Forumstards are underestimating heat when you're gaming.

also all in one is a good meme but when something breaks , you have to changes two parts instead of one usually and it generates too much heat for gaming at high quality anyway (i know someone who has an all in one pc).
you won't take my full tower from me.

Most people aren't patrician enough for these aesthetics.

Attached: A1200_smaller.jpg (1024x768, 117K)

What went wrong?

Attached: tn_.png (1290x1282, 1.37M)

god dammit, what are you doing on this board? kys

This.

Just take a look at the power supply on a laptop, compare it to the required power supply in a badass desktop rig, and try to rationalize how laptops could possibly manage to undercut the power consumption of a desktop by so much without sacrificing any performance

the real answer though is that you can hot swap any parts in a desktop rig, laptops are walled off. If you want more ram, or a disk drive, or want to test rig a buddy's gpu, a desktop fits the bill just fine

I love how the only counter is "but you can't play gaymes!"

this , i broke my GPU on my laptop so i had to build a new desktop myself (my first) because i can't put a new GPU in my laptop.
and holy shit it was cheaper than buying a new laptop and much more powerful !

and holy shit you can't take it anywhere!

>huge
I'm a man, not a soyboy

Lugging around a mid-tower or even something like a Corsair 900D or a CM Cosmos II is not a big deal, at worst ask for a friend

and holy shit i can because i'm not retarded !
just buy a plastic case to take your full tower faggit.
laptop are for working only , if you're into gaming you better buy a desktop and take it with you in a case , laptop live only 2 or 3 years before dying due to gaming... and you can boil an egg on it because it's so hot.

Here's a question, unless you travel a lot when and where are you actually going to play games on a high-end laptop? If you go to a lot of events or it doubles as your work PC then I understand but under load most of these laptops are barely getting more than an hour of 2 of battery life so you might as well be tether to a wall if it's your primary system.

if you want to buy a shit laptop, go ahead and do it
you don't need to get validation here

Video Games

Basically if you've never been in a fight, you're addicted to them

Call me when I can buy a dual socket laptop with 128gb of ram and 4 gpus.

because to use a laptop comfortably enough for extended gaming you essentially have to make it a desktop, buy using an external monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers/headphones.

so why even

not the laptop fag but :
what do you need 4 GPU's for ?

>because to use a laptop comfortably enough for extended gaming you essentially have to make it a desktop, buy using an external monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers/headphones.

Lies. I've been using a laptop daily for years now. The only extra peripherals I have are speakers, but they also power my hi-fi, so it's just a cable coming down the wall.

1980s computer had lots of video games too,
yet they didn't look like toddler toys

>just buy a plastic case to take your full tower faggit.

Your pickup truck is not appropriate for every travel situation, Cleetus.

>when and where are you actually going to play games on a high-end laptop?
>hotel rooms
>short term rentals
>visiting family
>trains with an ac outlet
>perched atop a hooker as you plow her doggystyle

>They take up space
I'm not some kind of poorfag who has to live in a tin can, nor some kind of faggy inner-city dweller who pays $20k a month in rent. I have space to spare.

Attached: 888.jpg (640x962, 74K)

LUL the fucking monster can holder.