/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous Thread APRIL FOOLS NEWS:
>GGn got a new trading card system.
>APL renamed themselves to SCC
>user reports that BTN will recruit at RED

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Attached: 1522256365853.png (500x500, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentinvites.org/f36/proaudiotorrents-pat-audio-software-2017-review-210960/#post774717
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1516279182644.png (644x360, 184K)

thanks user! hope one day, I can go back to mteam.

stupid me stopped seeding and forgot about it being inactive. PU level gone instantly.

stats

Attached: torrent stats 4-1-2018,.png (1186x754, 172K)

more stats

Attached: torrent stats 4-1-2018.png (1159x758, 102K)

is there an english version of the new user exam on the chinese trackers? specifically ourbits

is open.cd worth joining?

Oh you already had an account? Go to their IRC then and ask for it to be re-enabled.

no

is it still in chinese when you set the language to english?

in any case, it should be something like 25gb down, 50gb up and some amount of bonus points.

Attached: 2467245245235.jpg (1003x490, 175K)

imagine being this

>tfw not in the BTN

for some reason it doesn't want to change language
I have cookies enabled and even went as far as to disable uBlock woth no results
anyway, what is the non-seedbox startegy to make 50gb, just download all freeleech and hope to make enough upload?

Attached: 1496219004005.png (376x386, 199K)

There are new freeleech torrents pretty much daily. Hop onto one of those with your home connection, or just buy a cheap VPS for a month.

with that image you've just described exactly the emotions I feel when I see those stats posts. thanks user

lol imagine being this mad at graphs

imagine being so sad you post graphs

what's so sad about graphs

Graph posters btfo

t. statistician

HOLY SHIT

FraMeSToR is set to double up with 2 world firsts, we are exclusively releasing a 4K remux of Pacific Rim Uprising with DOLBY VISION, months before anyone else.

Members of FraMeSToR have been working hard behind closed doors with the lead developer from a well-known movie player company(they will make their own announcement shortly) to produce a process to extract the Dolby Vision package from the disc and integrate it into a Matroska multimedia container(mkv).

As for the Pacific Rim Uprising source itself, we need to keep that close to our chest; but it was a result of a chance meeting on a flight with a pissed off ex-employee from a production company with friends on the inside. More exclusives to follow.

Here is a LINK to the torrent. Please remember this is strictly a BeyondHD exclusive; anyone found uploading it elsewhere will be banned without appeal.

leaks are always bad news for trackers.

>50gb
it might've been a different number, be sure to check

>just download all freeleech and hope to make enough upload?
probably. try to be early on new featured torrents, those get downloaded a lot. also make sure you keep enough torrents seeding to get enough bonus points, that's usually the hardest part.

66gb up
33gb down
6666 bps

can't find anything on the rules or FAQ about hit and runs, do they enforce minimum seeded time?
thanks for the input

Attached: 1499956249559.jpg (1208x800, 181K)

Is this for real?

I'm a BTN power user and I want to join one of the nicer private music trackers. I had an account on what.cd for like 5 years before it shut down. The only invite thread for a music tracker is notwhatcd. Is that tracker worth joining or are ones like redacted better?

Should mention, I want a tracker with heavy emphasis on FLAC and I'm very lazy so I don't want to do an interview.

>Emphasis on FLAC
NWCD
>Nicer private music trackers
Redacted

So redacted is more active and has more torrents?

no idea, sorry. there's a HnR counter on the profile page, but mine's always been zero. but i also seed at least for a couple of days so who knows

apollo

Slightly more than NWCD, yeah.

apollo has more shit in general
i've found a sacd rip that it was like, lost forever and the album wasn't even on red, and then i go on apollo and boom
the full sacd and seeders, fucking amazing.

Isn't it sad that we've come to an age when nobody uploads older stuff because that won't get snatched. And all that matters is just the buffer. With this mindset whatcd's library will probaby never be restored. I feel like there should be a contest or some shit where they encourage the uploading of older stuff.

Were you aware that APOLLO the god of music trackers is stepping up to the plate and their implemented bonus points system rewards users for seeding old content?

thanks to autosnatching and seedboxes, the ratio system is just broken. uploaders don't get anywhere near the level of buffer that autosnatchers and seedboxes get, it's a joke.

Are there people that actually use RED for music? Nobody snatches old stuff and when they do they only grab V0 just so they dont waste their 100 GB buffer. It just seems like RED is a tracker that people only use for the invite forum.

nah, its mostly just an rpg tracker. better the apoo, but that really isn't saying much. all music trackers are straight trash.

i use public trackers WITHOUT VPN
AHAHHAHAAAH u fegets :D
all u need is one setting retard

Attached: 1509948515882.png (248x54, 3K)

>seeding
>apoo
good one

excuse me?

why the fuck are my uploads not counting as seeding (and therefore getting deleted) on RED even tho the torrents arent giving any tracker errors, only happens on red. what a piece of shit tracker

about to start playing this rpg, I have a question though
can I get to RED PU without a seedbox? my home connection is about 80/8 mbps and I could use a rpi3 to seed 24/7

you can easily get the required upload for PU in a week with 8mbit up if you grab torrents as soon as they are uploaded.

yea, you can, but it's going to take you quite a while.

Sorry, I have no clue what's their IRC. Plus my account was years back.

Do you think the account is still there or deleted - which is more likely for the latter.

Are encodes for movies encoded at a variable bitrate or a constant bitrate?

Specifically talking about HD internals

I am going to take out the cabal

this but unironically.

Depends on the encoder and the source but most of the time it's variable

Thanks. For variable bitrate encodes. What would make the bitrate increase during playback?

i have a shitty 20gb vps that is fast as fuck
i have a 23 tb server at home that is slower
I do not want to seed from home

would it be viable to have my 20gb vps have an sshfs mount of my server at home and seed from it? utilizing the caching that sshfs provides

Movement mostly, rapid scene changes in an action movie would be a good example.
For DXVA the max bitrate allowed is around 68000 so there's plenty of headroom

EMP - how?

M-Team lottery is open if anybody wants that

red pu

Mfw I got into all of the cabal starting at MAM, never took RED interview and never owned a seedbox, my up is 1mbps annd best part is, it only took me 4 months

teach me senpai

Its not hard, getting PU on MAM in a month is easy as fuck, and as long as youre not a /pure/fag you can probably get invited into anywhere if youre a bit lucky
Ill avoid to say where I got in after MAM due to /marked/, but after 2 months there I got unofficial invites to all of the cabal except RED, got into RED recently through a cabal tracker

shouldve picked APOLLO fuckboy

>user reports that BTN will recruit at RED
>he doesn't have account or access yet he big boy OP now
wew

I just upgraded to 250/250mbit, I'm gonna build a seedbox and seed like a maniac!

Attached: 1403117436629.jpg (126x123, 3K)

so you got lucky with the unofficial stuff

user, I...

it's over.

>I just upgraded to 250/250mbit,

I'm going to get fiber sometime this year. It's going to be beautiful. I'm going to buy all new Ethernet cabling and a NAS to replace my RasPi.

has animebytes got a new irc or something?
I'm trying to reenable my account but the room is dead as fuck

yeah its called easter sunday. wait for staff.

best PT for music production?

Attached: 0412-210101.jpg (1600x1200, 209K)

torrentinvites.org/f36/proaudiotorrents-pat-audio-software-2017-review-210960/#post774717

APOLLO the god of music tracker

Audio News is one.

>torrentinvites.org/f36/proaudiotorrents-pat-audio-software-2017-review-210960/#post774717
How can I get invites for any? I just want a place to download ableton and plugins that wont install bitcoin miners into muh shit

I wanna say ANS does one day a month for open signup or something, but it's been a while so don't quote me on it.

interview.apollo.rip

Any good for gayms? I let my gg account slide into inactivity sadly

>with the lead developer from a well-known movie player company
why would anyone do this?
also don't start in 3rd person and then write ' we '

?

Is irc.scratch-network.net down?

>Sorry, I have no clue what's their IRC.
IRC is linked on their login page.

>Do you think the account is still there or deleted
I don't know but this is what it says in their recruitment thread:
>You have not previously held an account at MTeam. If you have been disabled, use our IRC or forum to have your account re-enabled.

another day another 10mb uploaded to red

Is this loss

>this myspleen music

My sides. Finally this tracker is good for something

irc's dead & retired.

> tried to check if account's still in the database
> password recovery
> email doesn't exist

that's it. I can only hope for lottery.

another day another 0mb upload

Attached: __original_drawn_by_tokinohimitsu__443405e6d1442ed9dc9463afa256860d.jpg (1920x1080, 1.96M)

i cared so much about trackers when i was like 14
gft (sucked)
ptn (sucked)
cosanostra (sucked)
scc (sucked)
pass the popcorn (sucked)
what.cd (elitest faggots on ice)
waffles - cool pretty sure its gone
torrentleech (possibly biggest fag admins i ever witnessed, but my favorite till i forgot about it and got pruned)
'

I probably forgot to shit on a few sites. iptorrents is all i have left but with the state of music, tv and movies what's there to even pirate if you have netflix, hulu and dvr

why not go for the recruitment then? doubt they'll find out you had an account before

i'll give it a try then, at their chinese forum.

another day, another 12 dellars on sows

Attached: 499188-siren.jpg (480x360, 36K)

What's a public torrent index website? The only one I could remember was torrentproject and it doesn't work anymore.
Also soitgoes apparently got a new owner and domain, does anyone know about it?

I downloaded some albums from a torrent, but their naming scheme is not the same as the one I use.

Is there a way to modify the name of the files but still seed them?

no. do not mix seeding files with your music library

symlinks

PrivateHD worth applying for? Already got decent stats on AvistaZ so I'm guessing it wont be hard to get in.

TV remuxes are probably their biggest draw. They have quite a bit of stuff well seeded and there's a ton of freeleech.

is the new tehc hook shit?

more like scam shit

I won't be forgetting this slight, ever.

Attached: alastor.png (887x539, 39K)