Why does Jow Forums hate the java language so much...

Why does Jow Forums hate the java language so much? I personally kinda like it but then again I'm a newfag to programing and the only other language I know in depth is c.

Attached: covfefe.jpg (474x395, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r15&hw=ph&test=db
youtube.com/watch?v=gX6SZbX_s5A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This. I don't get the hate.
>inb4 t. pajeet

Forced POO.
Way too much boilerplate.
High level, but not high level enough to actually be useful or fun to program in.
Not low level enough to be fun to program in.
Giant fucking JVM to run your shitty programs.
The IO part of the standard library is fucking garbage.
Forced exceptions.

it's too high level of abstraction for Jow Forums to comprehend and the overhead for writing a "hello world" or "fizz buzz" is bigger than in C

Attached: 1460934318461.jpg (640x640, 114K)

>the only other language I know in depth is c.
Sure.
But seriously, Java was probably a pretty good option at the time, but I hate how long it takes for it to get features that it should've already had in at least a decade. Just go with C# or Kotlin, those are much better options.

Learn Smalltalk and you'll know why.

It's okay but too verbose.

>verbose
Fucking this
t.OP

Who invited the minifags?

>implying java's NIO is bad

>C#
Slower than java, shit performance, can't get into good multithreading and reactive. See techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r15&hw=ph&test=db

>kotlin
Promising, but comes with some overhead that makes it slower than java, not by much though.

Java is king of serverside backend and performance dependent, maintainable code. It powers Netflix, Amazon, Google, Alibaba and many, many more.

>Slower than java, shit performance
Literally who cares? It's more than fast enough for me.

Java is great. Jow Forums seems to hate it because the market is saturated with shitty Java programmers that give it a bad name.

It does have a bit too much boilerplate and is too verbose in a bad way. Kotlin seems to fix 99% of java problems though and Scala is still a thing so I would assume it's only a matter of time before it's obsolete. But it will never be truly obsolete because Java programmers will always be cheaper and readily available. And Java (mainly because of its age) tends to have the most refined performance on the JVM in [current year]

If all you write are crappy CRUD apps then sure, thats fine.

Realtime Analytics, HFT, Massive Scale IoT Systems need reliable performance though, and that is where java shines

Actually, Entity Core can't even do many-to-many relationships, so C# isn't even good for CRUD.

Because C# is cleaner

>Huh java is a little faster on some things so obviously everything else sucks ass
Not how it works.

>a little
Besides it's not just that java is faster, but that it is also more maintainable than say c++ for example. Its verbosity makes it easier to understand code too, so developers are easy to bring in. Also huge amount of existing libraries, large active community.

i just have one question, why are the mods so gay?

Because they like PHP.

Object oriented programming is for CIA niggers

Attached: terry_group_photo.jpg (1439x810, 146K)

Roses are red, leaves are green, but only Java has AbstractSingletonProxyFactoryBean

Attached: 1296279192516.jpg (500x364, 26K)

Java is a hacksaw fever dream of OOP that solves problems with too many wrong abstractions

People hate Java cause it just werks, while being an obscenely verbose language. It's also annoying to debug.

because 80% of Jow Forums its made out a bunch of unemployed pytards.

>too many wrong abstractions
and I am pretty sure you can't even enumerate one example of those "wrong abstractions"

String fname = "fug";
try(BufferedReader fins = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(new File(fname)))) {
// [screaming]
} catch(java.io.FileNotFoundException e) {
continue;
} catch(java.io.IOException e) {
System.err.println(e);
return;
}
}

I'm trying to read a file, not summon a completed 1040 from the ether

FACT

Anybody saying that Java is verbose has no actual enterprise job experience because they've obviously never used Spring Boot

It's one of the most efficient ways you can write backends nowadays

OP, Java itself is absolute shit tier in terms of language design. However, in terms of ecosystem (i.e. that which actually matters once you get out of school) it's by far the best. The shit language aspect is easily fixed by using another JVM language such as Kotlin

>java is shit
>t. Jow Forums, look at my leetcode github and hyper performant asm fizzbuzz

>java is pretty good
>t. netflix

>brackets dont have their own lines
disgusting

youtube.com/watch?v=gX6SZbX_s5A
>Barabing Baraboom!

It's actually a great language, people just repeat memes they found on leddit to try to fit in

fuck off c# bitch

>High level, but not high level enough to actually be useful or fun to program in.
Not true. Get good.

Dude, listen. Just shut the fuck up lol. Your style is GARBAGE. You need to understand!