I literally cannot fucking describe how shitty the Imperial ((System)) is. It is literally the most fucking arbitrary...

I literally cannot fucking describe how shitty the Imperial ((System)) is. It is literally the most fucking arbitrary, useless, illogical system, and the only protectors it has are brainlet baby boomers with a garbage memory that can't and are unwilling to adapt to the clearly superior system.

Worst of all, these are their bloody fucking arguments.
>THE METRIC SYSTEM IS ALSO ARBITRARY HURR DURR
>THE IMPERIAL SYSTEM IS MORE PRECISE
>HUUUU DECIMALS SCARE ME
>I DON'T WANT TO CONVERT BECAUSE IT'D BE TOO EXPENSIVE ON THE INFRASTRUCTURE11!!!!
>JUST REMEMBER THAT A NAUTICAL MILE IS PRECISELY 1.1508 STATUE MILES

The fucking imperialfags can take their absolutely GARBAGE units, every single fucking inch, every single fucking pound, and shove it right up their kings hairy arse.

There is no fucking coherency whatsoever when learning the imperial system.

It's almost as shitty as western education itself, instead of remembering the RULES and CONCEPTS and then actually applying them to problems, you are taught to REMEMBER every possible fucking scenario that you may ever encounter. I bloody swear, I am going to invent a mother fucking time machine and cut the arms off the nigger that invented the GOD DAMN SYSTEM. That fucking smug cunt must be looking down "hehe 12 parts to 1 FUCKING UNIT so clever or me". We LITERALLY need to gas every single fucking IMPERIALFAG so that we can convert to the PROPER AND SUPERIOR METRIC SYSTEM unlike the fucking imperialcucks.

Every scientist, technician, mechanic, and other individual working within a LOGIC-BASED FIELD uses the METRIC SYSTEM.

Attached: meter_1.jpg (772x497, 57K)

So I am working on measuring the length of something I am trying to modify and the thing is built with FUCKING IMPERIAL MEASUREMENTS which renders it completely useless towards any practical approach I can take with it. To work with something I would need to fucking buy an entirely new bloody shit set of tools and that's going to cost fucking more than the project itself. I can't fucking return the thing either because THE SHIPPING BACK IS MEASURED IN MOTHER FUCKING POUNDS AND NOT KILOGRAMS.
I DON'T FUCKING WANT TO SPEND AN ETERNITY CONVERTING EVERY SINGLE FUCKING UNIT BACK TO ITS PROPER MEASUREMENT AKA A FUCKING KILOGRAM, CENTIMETER AND METER.

God damn I hate the imperial system.

I'm a really young guy and I refuse to switch over to metric. I like the imperial system . It makes sense. If there were a vote I'd always vote imperial hands down.

fuck you this isnt your blog

Attached: 1522267953306.jpg (603x324, 105K)

>imperialkeks

I'm a Brit who had never heard of Deka or Hecto until now. Is that strange?

Well normally I'd blog in your mum's arse but that's too full with my cock at the moment you sissy faggot, so instead I've got to post here.

Well, let me ask you one fucking question for a moment, have you ever had to use fucking sockets that have to be converted from an imperial to a metric system?

Do you know how much of a fucking pain in the arse it is to adapt to every single fucking standard that they have in the world? Every single fucking tool I have has to be bought in two God damn variations because americunts are too busy measuring THEIR products with COMPLETELY ARBITRARY MEASUREMENTS.

How many times do we have to tell you that we Americans learn and use both systems of measurement where appropriate?

Name one scenario where using the IMPERIAL SYSTEM is appropriate other than teaching someone that possesses no left hemisphere of their brain and has no capacity for rational thought how to measure things.

Maybe if your country actually mattered tot he world people would care about your measurement system.

Yeah, and America fucking matters, indeed.

As fucking what?
Degeneracy capital of the world?
Bloody mutts ain't got anything but loud voices so you can fucking assert your opinion by autistic screeching instead of actual coherent arguments. The ONLY reason anybody gives a shit about America is because they are the fucking perfect example to the world of what a country SHOULDN'T become. You're just a bloody vocal minority of shit-flinging chimps without any actual value behind your words.

Attached: 1508554459645.png (640x550, 24K)

You seem to be under the impression that anyone likes it. Who is this thread for exactly?

lmao retard

Attached: metric vs imperial.png (472x598, 129K)

>ain't got anything but loud voices so you can fucking assert your opinion by autistic screeching instead of actual coherent arguments
This is some world-class projection you're doing here.

Faggots like >calling me a retard
You're literally proving my point lad.
>it says that learning the new system proved extremely difficult for fucking brain-dead mongoloids because they lacked the chromosome necessary to be able to convert things through the use of simple rations and instead stuck with their inferior shit because it was more "intuitive".

So your entire excuse for using this shitty system is because back in fuck knows when and in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere some faggot peasant couldn't muster up the intellect to convert units and instead relied on his shitty fucking memory that he's been raised with.
>i..i used it forever and i don't like CHANGE because it's BAAAAD. this means that the new superior thing is actually evil11!!!

If I was projecting then I'd say the flaws in my country, but as you can see I'm not projecting anything because no country is shitty enough to suffer from the flaws I mentioned in my post.

in a binary world, your human concept of "pretty, pure, round (like your stomach) numbers" is not relevant

if you ever claim that you measure these units in sets of your scientific measurements, then you better be primarily using such uniform units for your time and date too
are you?

You're being trolled, idiot. No one is taking this as seriously as you. Taking this personally and then projecting your thoughts onto others at a personal level as well isn't mentally healthy.

Well here's where we run into a problem, don't we?

If you think about it for a second (requires a god damn brain), humans have always been balancing these categories in all products and fields:
>convenience
>rationality
>intuitiveness
I never said that the fucking Metric System is the most uniform system out of them all, but its the closest we can bloody come to a system that managed to perfectly balance it's convenience, intuitiveness and rationality.

And to answer your question about the use of such uniform units for time and date, don't get me wrong, I fucking hate the way that time and date are divided too. It's completely fucking arbitrary.
>7 day week
>12 month year
>some months longer than the other
>some fucking years longer than the other
>fucking 60 seconds in an minute of all possible numbers

Some imperial units have a good purpose when making increments of powers of 10 just isn't precise enough.

>i was just pretending to be retarded
I ain't got anything better to do than shitpost here for now, so I might as well do it.

>REEEEE METRIC IS BETTER IMPERIAL IS SHIT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT
but WHY is metric better?
>MUH SCIENTISTS MUH ENGINEERS
a tiny portion of the population. why should beekeepers and carpenters completely change the basis of the system they use? for what benefit

>Some imperial units have a good purpose when making increments of powers of 10 just isn't precise enough.
So make it an increment of 1. If 1 is too big step down, or use decimal places.

Units are not prefixes nigger.

Attached: SI vs US 2.png (720x681, 69K)

> Using units created by communist French degenerates in the 18th century

Attached: 1441420972410.jpg (600x600, 132K)

>for what benefit
Do you think that they should learn English to communicate or stick with Spanish?

> instead of remembering the RULES and CONCEPTS and then actually applying them to problems, you are taught to REMEMBER every possible fucking scenario that you may ever encounter
Windows administration, everybody.

Fuck yeah, Rankine.

The 60 seconds/60 minutes makes complete sense though. That way you can divide an hour or a minute in 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20 or 30 equal parts and end up with a round number. If you had 100 minute in an hour, you'd have to handle decimals for anything that isn't 2, 5, 10, 20 or 50.

The 8 slipped there, my mistake

the rest of the world still counts on their fingers and toes, so they can't handle anything that isn't base 10

You bloody hell count in base 10

>He doesn't use his fingers to count in binary.
Plebians, the lot of you.

Just accept it, they are retards. It's no use fighting them. There are people who cut their dicks off, there are people who eat shit, there are people who ignore the planetary measurement system and accumulated knowledge of last 10000 years. Just let them live their retarded pathetic lives and do as you see right, by using metric everywhere.

>"hehe 12 parts to 1 FUCKING UNIT so clever or me"
This was the Egyptians because the moon seemed to go into approximately 12 cycles in one year
Compare with Romans (who started a prototype to the decimal system with base 5 instead of base 10) because we have 5 fingers.
Compare with the Babylonians, who used a base 60 system because it's divisible by everything relevant (except 8, unfortunately).

yeh its comfy.

Attached: 1506378112446.jpg (768x768, 133K)

At least I can see where the Romans were coming from. You could probably teach a monkey how to do arithmetic with its fingers when you colonize the fuckers and try to teach them how to build roads. Meanwhile
>dude, the moon, lmao

What you tryin to slide fag? go shitpoast on Jow Forums or something. It would cost too much to switch. It has nothin to do with anything else.

the imperial system is good because it makes you peasants angry. it's worth it on that alone.

>why should beekeepers and carpenters completely change the basis of the system they use?

how do you think bartenders work in other countries, fucktard?

Metric is good because it's consistent.
let's say we have a new unit, called Bel, it's a great unit but it's in fractions, 2.5 or 12.2, so people decide to drop it down a notch.
Now we have a Decibel.

When you use a lathe

12 was actually a finger system too, on the basis of using 4 fingers on one hand and their three segments for counting

>Have imperial lathe
>Have metric screw indicator
WHY?!

>200 centiliters' worth of red wine every day for dinner (the optimal quantity for his health benefits)

Attached: 1313174076506.jpg (337x276, 30K)

>Using fingers for binary
Spotted the armchair binary counter.

I bet you use hex to try to pick up girls too

I argued with someone a while ago about this:

Is time base 10 because we count using 10 numerals, not 12 or 60?

Or is time base 12 or 60 because that's what we count to, regardless of the numerals used?

Temperatures of a human occupied environment.

Time isn't base anything,
Hours and Minutes are different base
Year and Months are different base.

>Can't tell difference in 2 degrees in metric system
>Can't tell a difference in 10 degrees in Imperial System
Oh yea, so much fucking better.

Maybe in your Chinese ones

These faggots also drive on the wrong side of the road.

americans defending imperial is exactly like religious people defending the retarded religion they were born with

Face it Celsius is shit. The usable range is only within like 20 degrees. Fahrenheit gives you like 80 to be as descriptive as you want. You kind of have to be when your country isn't restricted to an island that rains all the time

>remarcably intuitive
no they're not, and the author of that toilet paper is a retarded mong

Let's talk effective range.
5 Centigrade is effective while 10Fargoats is.
You literally don't understand difference between 100F and 95F

the imperial system only makes me feel sorry for the few countries that still use them
lmaoing at your life

>Bloody mutts ain't got anything but loud voices so you can fucking assert your opinion by autistic screeching instead of actual coherent arguments.
This isn't an argument though, it's you autistically shit flinging because you can't into the imperial system or convert it.

Attached: waste.jpg (1200x736, 164K)

>180 degrees between freezing and boiling water at standard pressure

If anything 100 is a totally arbitrary distance when you're referring to degrees.

Rankine is so close to being perfect: Fahrenheit degree size, non arbitrary basis for its scale since it starts at absolute zero. It's a shame that any number a human would experience is at least in the 400s. The only way to really make it usable for humans is to lop off 450 degrees for a modified version that zeros at just below the brine freeze point, about 40 degrees at the freshwater freeze point, and about 80 degrees for a nice day.

Sure I do.

One is a fever, the other slightly below average human body temp.
Compare to Celsius, where 37 is normal, 38 is fever and 39 is oh shit, get your ass in bed or to a doctor.

Oh come on, you couldn't find a better map that didn't use the same countries several times and was actively trying to use shitholes like New Zealand?

Attached: 0611stategdp.jpg.png (854x570, 394K)

>You literally don't understand difference between 100F and 95F
Except you can. 95F is noticably hot. 100F is too hot to care anymore.

You can see this on the lower ranges too. 40F is cold. 45F is the minimum for shorts weather.

Plus, you're ignoring what happens when the temperature jumps/drops a good amount, say from 54F to 35F (the temps from this weekend). Much better distinction than 11C to 1C

First we are talking about environment not the body, but even so you failed.
F normal body temp is 98.6°F
C is 37

So why don't you go fuck yourself?

WTF, I love Rankine now

>Except you can.
No you fucking can't, exactly the same environment with 5F difference is exactly the same for a human senses.

10c is 2 steps of noticeable degrees.
54 to 35 is 2 steps of noticeable degrees
It's literally the fucking same, one thing you know about 1degree is that it's close to a 0,

HHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>37 is less arbitrary than the close-to-100 98.6
Yeah, ok.

Attached: 1509496781299.jpg (478x463, 158K)

Yes you fucking can. You screaming it at the top of your lungs does not make it true

>source: poverty euro brain

>Arbitrary
any human created system is arbitrary what you Farfags claim is that you're system need no decimal point, while it clearly does in body temp
Go read a paperfrom a fucking 1977 you uneducated swine
Darian-Smith et al., 1977

>F normal body temp is 98.6°F
No it isn't. That's an accommodation for Celsius retards like yourself since it's equal to 37C exactly instead of the actual average of 98.4. Human body temp ranges from 97 to 99 Fahrenheit depending on the person.

Average you fucking moron, learn the word.
Are all Yankees so fucking dumb?

They're not used much but I'm surprised you didn't learn about them at school.

lmao what

>metric system needs an entire multiplication table
>metric system needs tutorial explaining randomly assigned symbols
>needs people to make infographics explaining how to use it
MEANWHILE
>imperial system
>16oz = 1 lb
>other ez conversions
>ez to memorize because not brain dead
Your post just proved you to be a retard OP.

Far less so than you demonstrate yourself to be, embracing a system so retarded they misrepresent the average rather than use decimals for accuracy.

Ava rage of people you moron not average of two numbers.
I bet you were a creme.

>Name one scenario where using the IMPERIAL SYSTEM is appropriate
>Temperatures of a human occupied environment.
What confuses you?

Metric sucks because we can't even convince Liberia to use it! Just everyone else lmao

don't be like this guy

this guy is retarded

It confuses me how you've convinced yourself that Fahrenheit is somehow better for temperature. Please explain your retarded thinking.

>Can't tell that 98.4 isn't an average of 97 and 99
It's truly sad watching you flail, user.

from an American-

I agree, but at least we shower every day and know what deodorant is. I wouldn't use the tern degeneracy to describe America though. That term implies that Europe isn't engaging in every bit as much degeneracy as we are. We get it from Papa England, yanno.

Sure, just look here.

You are a retard of first degree
It's not average of numbers is what i'm going to leave you with.

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 106K)

Wanna try that again, with the explanation this time. I knew I had to be patient so no worries friend.

Normal body temperature for Celcius is 36.6, not 37. 37 means you're having a slight fever.

>80 posts and 10 image replies omitted.

This whole board should be nuked.

Attached: images.jpg (236x214, 10K)

You're body maybe, but you are the abnormal here.

Why? Are you bored of the board?

In Germany, a Pfund (pound) refers to the metric pound as defined by the Zollverein (Zollpfund). It weighs exactly 500 grams. People use it a lot.

Well, sure, if you prefer to measure temperature rectally - you can aim at 37, user. Go for it.
I'm not gay, though.

you cheeky cunt

My btemp is normally at 37.2 and I get slight fever at 37.8

Human bodies differ, avg of human bodies is 37.

If you measure your temperature rectally, sure.

I, I don't get it. What are you doing?

>he doesn't do everything rectally where possible!

Attached: 4jadxg5q.png (192x225, 53K)