Winrar is better and faster than 7zip

winrar is better and faster than 7zip

Attached: v.png (640x480, 79K)

>winrar
>7zip
Where do I even begin, you disgusting pleb...

I unironically miss rage comics.

both slow and useless
use zstd for speed, and lrzip for ratio

Attached: shader cache dataset.png (660x139, 17K)

>autism: the post

How many files do you fucktards have to extract on a daily basis.

seriously, nigger?

i compress anything i don't need immediate access to, and even some things i do (using squashfs)
as an example, i run games straight out of squashfs images
the pictured game is contained entirely within those two files, the large one being the game, and the 'savedata' one being the writable space, which it updated when the game is closed

Attached: a.png (661x45, 6K)

I unironically also browse reddit

okay, fair point

It's neither, you want to keep using it because of the pretty icons. You're a vapid whore with shit for brains and that picture proves it.

>A Hat in Time
How well does it run on Linux?

Both rage comics and troll science were a thing on this very site before reddit picked them up, friend.

how come we're not allowed to enjoy them anymore? just because popular culture picked up on it doesn't mean we still can't enjoy it

>7zip
i thought it died in 2008

its still alive?

runs fine
notes;
- you'll want a recent version of mesa (if you use mesa) with the shader cache, as this game is very heavy on shaders
- install 'xact' (xaudio) for properly mixed audio (volume levels are weird without it)
- use gallium nine for better performance
- game is very cpu-bound, not related to running on linux, but it took be a bit to realize this was the case when tweaking graphics settings and noticing almost no difference in framerate, i was limited by my cpu
- game is 64bit-only, so you'll need a 64bit prefix
- if you're having trouble with controllers, try xboxdrv, i've tested it with that and it works fine

Attached: 2018-04-02-175249_1920x1080_scrot.jpg (1920x1080, 898K)

It's still the best data compression tool out there.

Why the hell would you do that and not just compress your partition?

Just buy more storage.

i do, but squashfs also has the advantages of;
- using a high compression ratio, which i might not want volume-wide, since i only need to do it once when installing the game
- performs deduplication
- has the convenience of being one file
doing the savedata as i am also has it's advantages, what i do is i have a script which mounts the game, extracts the savedata into a ramdisk, and uses that as a writable overlay
this means anything the game writes is done into a ramdisk, which is fast. this game is also heavy on shaders as i've mentioned, there's actually 36,000 cached files in there right now, which are quite slow to load from a hdd, as you could imagine, but quite fast to load from a ramdisk, and fast to pack/unpack into a single file as well

xz compiled with -Ofast -march=native is the patrician choice

OP's isn't a rage comic. It's reddits retarded interpretation of rage comics while completely misunderstanding what they are.

>ctrl + f
>freearc next
>0 results
how Jow Forums has fallen

Because with a broader audience there will also be people that do not fully understand and missuse a given format. In effect we end up having more worse than genuinely good content. Couple that with the upvote systems sites like reddit or 9gag implement to moderate posts; instead of recycling content that a healthy chunk of users percieve as good (here my threads and posts get deleted, depending on board activity, and for the newly generated and mutated content to survive it needs to be reposted) they simply bypass that generational and selectional process. I could post this abomination and have others upvote without ever having seen the "proper" format once.

Attached: ragecomic-3-640x4012.png (640x4012, 1.83M)

That's pretty interesting user, I'll try to mess with squashfs later.

>That fucking comic

Attached: 1519011005539.gif (500x500, 2.01M)

it's the same tools they use to make livecd's, squashfs for the read-only 'backing store', and overlayfs for the writable overlay (which is also done in a ramdisk for livecd's, as they typically don't provide permanent storage)
the end result is a folder which appears fully writable, so there's no need to worry about what exactly should and should not be writable, if i want to update a game, i can go ahead, then just capture the mount into a new squashfs image

oh yea, i also use firejail's 'private home' feature to keep the game from writing to anything outside a specific folder, so it'll only ever touch my overlay (which is the 'savedata' image)

Yes, because it has shitier compression.