Is there a way to split audio streams between programs on windows then reroute only one stream to input (i.e...

Is there a way to split audio streams between programs on windows then reroute only one stream to input (i.e. listen to game audio while using separate audio from another program as mic input)

Attached: 12328901382901.jpg (1466x948, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm
github.com/audiorouterdev/audio-router
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes.

no.

maybe.

i don't know.

install gentoo

Attached: sletheen1.jpg (585x399, 86K)

pirate virtual audio cable, set its output as your default device and then set its input to listen through your headset. set anything you don't want to go to the stream to your headphones directly through the sound settings of that program.

I was creme but I agree with this picture.

I know Audio Router can change output devices, but don't know about output to input. Might be worth a shot.

vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

On an unrelated note, who the fuck won?

Unironically this and pulseaudio

this, but don't bother pirating, it's free now if you only need one

Also, since Windows was designed by morons, you'll probably want to use github.com/audiorouterdev/audio-router in combination with that.

Attached: 1520081321453.gif (635x472, 330K)

Penis butter by 20 points.

So it *was* a setup. I fucking knew it.

VoiceMeter

I mean, the whole thing was just a meme to make the entire fucking website in-fight and was entirely random, so yes

also, some dumb fuck lost team chocolate 25 points by shitposting and us niggers would have won if he hadn't

yes

It's not very clear what you want from how you phrased it.

>while using separate audio from another program as mic input
Where would this be output? Same master mix? Or do you want to use different inputs to output to different ouputs, like one stream to output to headphones and another to output to an external interface via USB?

Maybe I'm reading too much into what you said.

So I can't answer without fully knowing what you mean.

But Windows is very bad, in general, for managing audio streams.

>reroute only one stream to input
What does this even mean? You want to have an audio signal produced by a program that is directed to an input? An input normally generates audio, it doesn't take signal from another program.

Unless you're talking about audio cables, like ASIO shit.

Who won? I was team mini.

Audio Router doesn't properly work for me. It always wants to run as admin and will only route audio from apps that are also running with admin privileges; not happening.

That sucks. I guess it's either Virtual Audio Cable or CheVolume, then.

Voicemeter doesn't even control audio from each application individually. It's got only a master volume for each hardware input and one for output. And some virtual device with an equaliser.

Nothing else for managing your playback from different sources.

I've also tried CheVolume but it doesn't have anything that the native and retarded volume mixer doesn't have. Maybe somewhat easier way to switch between audio devices to which you can output. But that's it.

Microsoft has recording and playback devices.

The idea is to route playback from only some applications to a virtual recording device so that device can be used as a microphone input in a game while also using headphone playback device to hear game audio but you don't want to capture the audio of the game application, hence the application sound discrimination.

I was hoping there was some inbuilt way in windows to create a virtual recording device (like stereo mix) that only captured the sound of select programs.

JACK audio is what you seek.

we came in last lol