Good power supply?

Good power supply?

Attached: 17-151-094-02.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jonnyguru.com/
jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=526
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know if this is too good to be true

Seasonic Focus+ Gold
>zero rpm fan mode
>all black cables
>fully modular
>reasonable price
>made by Seasonic so quality should be good

I'm never buying another model for my builds

I don't know. To your knowledge, has the power supply ever performed any evil acts? Has it ever worshipped a devil-like figure?

Some PSUs are so evil that their components resemble brimstone after a few months

Modular or half modular and about 50% stronger than your designated power usage. Bronze+.

Size depends on your case.
Check actual amperage for each type of supply. You don't want to have under powered psu rail so you'll connect 10 usb dongles and fry the mobo. I don't remember which rail mobo is.

Unless you're a gamer with the most power hungry internals you'll never use enough power to actually save money by using anything above bronze or cheap silver.

Corsair

That said i got a cheap $50 chkink one for a temp it was fine

I haven't seen a Chinky psu that haven't died in flames earlier or later.

>haven't

seasonic whatever

A cheap chink 500w psu is fine. i bought some case that came with it, used it for 24/7 since 2016 and it is still working

>saving few $$$ to burn your whole computer and home
The absolute state of underage /v/ posters

CORSAIR AX1600i ATX 80 PLUS TITANIUM

Not /v/ but i needed a temp psu
overkill
unless your doing stupid overclocking + sli u dont need it

its running my ssh/ftp/plex server for 2 years non stop

jonnyguru.com/ is the site you want to visit. That's where I check before I buy something, anyways.

For me Gold or better is worth it anyway. All power lost in conversion becomes heat. Heat requires cooling. These days I go for those semi-passive PSUs and pick one that's rated far above my needs - which makes it almost always passive. But there is a big caveat, if you go for a too powerful PSU you do risk horrible efficiency. All PSUs have a curve so bronze or silver or gold for that matter could be inefficient at 20% of rated load capacity and only "gold" between 30 and 80%.

Good for you. Perhaps you're lucky, perhaps you'll have a housefire tomorrow. You're probably fine given that it's been a few years. I don't recommend buying these even if you were lucky, though. A really bad cheap PSU can easily fry the rest of your system and saving a few bucks becomes expensive when you have to replace your motherboard and who knows what else.

If it says gold it's good enough

Corsair HXi, AX.

Anything Seasonic

be quiet is now my go to for noise reasons
semi passive is shit as constant fan spin up wears bearings out

Corsair RM Series.

I've got an evga supernova 750 G2, it's good. Rated well on this site too.

Forgot to mention, if you're smart you'll get a UPS as well, I've got a cyberpower cp1000

I have a $70 EVGA bronze one, modular. I only have a $600 PC anyway.
And they're made by superflower, so they're decent.

>first PC build
>DOA EVGA PSU SuperNOVA 750 G2
>bought Seasonic X650 v2 instead
>died after 1.5 years
>said fuck it
>bought Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650
>pic related
I might just be unlucky with PSUs it seems.

Attached: prime-tr-1000-850-ac-side[1].jpg (1600x1200, 274K)

It's the 550W version of this series by the way: jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=526