You have 5 seconds to tell me which search engine respects my privacy

You have 5 seconds to tell me which search engine respects my privacy.

Attached: 1511704949333.jpg (922x654, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qwant.com/
startpage.com
help.qwant.com/help/overview/how-does-qwant-index-the-web/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DuckDuckGo

searx.me
literally the only good one

The library

Searx. DDG is a Bing-using U-Boat by the NSA to trick you into giving all your data to Microsoft

Self-hosted instance of YaCy

Startpage from a proxy while browsing on somebody else's computer.

but... searx is a frontend to other search engines

The only correct answer.

While we're on this topic. Can anyone recommend how can I try to protect my privacy while on android? I've disabled all Google shit and avoiding all the botnet shit. I can get an iphone but that isn't possible till next year.

>I've disabled all Google shit
including the OS?

Chiru.no proxy.

I've never really rooted the device before so kind of worried there.

>true privacy respecting
any engine through tor
>probably privacy respecting
Startpage, YaCy, Bubble, every engine on prism-break.org

Oops, I mean... every RECOMMENDED engine on prism-break.org

Library cards are botnet

Well, most libraries I know allow you to go through archives on site without registering what you're actually looking for. You must let librarian know that you're there, though. Still, it's better this way since you must really want to find something out about me to go through archives and not just scrape some logs on the web.

google

DuckDuckGo over Tor. Probably. Who the fuck knows. Make sure to restart Tor after each search, though.

What you meant to say was
>gen.lib.rus.ec over Tor
Most IRL libraries don't respect your privacy.

US based

Shit

qwant.com/

you're welcome

start page

V8

Here's what you do:
>put Searx on a server
>React frontend to make it feel good
Did this, don't regret it. It ain't free, but it ain't botnet.

Test

?

startpage.com

Qwant, ddg is a botnet. it's foolish to think anything else

this

So, I prefer searx.me in a lot of ways over startpage (multiple engines which you can configure, including google, doesn't actually license anything from google causing potential botnet concerns, open source, the slight lag on startpage triggers my autism fiercly), but it's owned by one dude. He seems like a privacy concerned autist, but is there any reason to believe that his logs can't be compromised? I'm not smart enough to read through and understand the entirety of the source code, is there some part of searx which anonymizes traffic or something? Or is it basically the same as a privately hosted email server, where the guy who owns it can see anything done on the server?

Which instance do you use? Is there a more secure one than .me, or does everyone use that one because it seems stable?

There's many other searx instances

gizoogle

Do you actually believe that? You know it's from a company that profits from selling information.

Sure, but almost all of them would have the same problem, wouldn't they?

These servers can be hosted by anyone and it's not like people are laying out information about themselves on the homepage of their instance.

fuckfuckgo

use a VPS, hit up openvpn and host your own searx instance.

CCTV + facial recognition software

dumb Jow Forumsjak poster

help.qwant.com/help/overview/how-does-qwant-index-the-web/

Qwant is mostly Bing, same as DDG is Yahoo (= pretty much Bing). Also I don't trust the french. Searx is the way to go.

What privacy-respecting search engine isn't? The big centralised search engines are google (best), bing ~= yahoo, russian and chinese bots. So pick you poison, among the following meta engines:

- searx
- metager

Or use one of the inferior competitors that only give you results from one engine: DDG (Yahoo), Qwant (Bing), Startpage (google).

Or be a supreme autist and do your own YaCy, but IMO hosting your own searx instance is more reasonable.